Smok Alien 220w mod only or Wismec Rx 2/3

No myne is also gunmetal.Its just a reflection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Handro .
When I first saw the Alien, I thought that the coloured parts might look a bit on the cheap side. What's your opinion on the gun metal parts?

Guys please let me know in about 2 weeks or so if you feel the bottom of the fire bar loosen up a bit @Handro @Sickboy77, I noticed mine has and has a slight rattle now compared to when I got it and was solid as a rock. I have seen DJLSB's vid on how to fix the issue and I am considering doing that as soon as I find the bit to open up the mod. The top of the fire bar is still perfect and clicks the same way as when I got it.

A bit depressing but at least there's an easy fix.

@ddk1979 the gunmetal part is a plastic part.It looks like it scratch easy.The rest is aluminium or some metal.It is a solid mod and nothing rattle on it.

Thanks. That is the main reason why I would always go for finishes such as brushed silver and the like that don't scratch that easily.
I like the look of the Rx200s and Rx2/3, but I've seen so many on sale with scratches because it seems as if everything is painted plastic.
At the end of the day, the mod will have to live in a cover to prevent damage.

Guys please let me know in about 2 weeks or so if you feel the bottom of the fire bar loosen up a bit @Handro @Sickboy77, I noticed mine has and has a slight rattle now compared to when I got it and was solid as a rock. I have seen DJLSB's vid on how to fix the issue and I am considering doing that as soon as I find the bit to open up the mod. The top of the fire bar is still perfect and clicks the same way as when I got it.

Will do, haven't had any issues, Ive had mine for couple weeks now

Those cheap R25 all in one screwdriver set from Chinatown works well, the bits are a bit soft but will get the job done.
I'd go with double sided foam and not cotton cos it will compress in the long run and this is something you only want to do once if it needs to be done.

Those cheap R25 all in one screwdriver set from Chinatown works well, the bits are a bit soft but will get the job done.
I'd go with double sided foam and not cotton cos it will compress in the long run and this is something you only want to do once if it needs to be done.

Totally agree with you @blujeenz and I was planning to use double sided foam for that exact reason and thanks for the tip, I will have a look when I have time.

Where can i buy thin double sided foam that will work.Just want to know for if or when it happens
Usually Builders Warehouse for the foam tape, which I would use, PNA or CNA stationery for the thin double sided tape like for mirror mounting.
The foam has more bounce/springback and the glue grips like boerewors on a braai grid.

The rolls are bigger, this one is finished :) I tend to use a fair amount around the house.
IMG_3402.JPG

That double sided tape also compresses over time. Once the foam compressed it is less likely to go back to original form. A thin piece of silicone or rubber will actually be best for non reforming but I am not sure of it will compress enough for purposes of that button fix.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

2/3 - I've had a bad experience with a smok mod, so personally wouldn't go there. Wismec without doubt!!!!!!

Hi there, can you elaborate on the bad experience you had with the Smok Alien please?

Much appreciated...

I would like to read some more opinions on what is a better option between the RX 2/3 and the Smok Alien. Especially after the folks who have just bought the Smok Alien, have had theirs for a few more weeks. Is the firing button / bar on the Alien a bit tight?

I love my RX 2/3 even though it did give me a bit of hassles with certain attys. Works perfectly with my Aramomamizer Supreme.

Decisions, decisions...

I would like to read some more opinions on what is a better option between the RX 2/3 and the Smok Alien. Especially after the folks who have just bought the Smok Alien, have had theirs for a few more weeks. Is the firing button / bar on the Alien a bit tight?

I love my RX 2/3 even though it did give me a bit of hassles with certain attys. Works perfectly with my Aramomamizer Supreme.

Decisions, decisions...

Ideally you'd need 5 batts for the RX 2/3, one set of married 2 and a set of married 3, thats a quick R1000 in cold blood.

Decisions, decisions...

Hi @Waine, the fire bar is amazing, its extremely easy and comfortable to use. I also have a H-priv and the difference between the fire bars are huge, they have refined it so much on the alien, it now has a very nice clicky feel to it unlike the metal clanky sound on the H-priv and it is very very responsive. Also due to the shape of the mod the fire bar is just perfect to use because whichever way you hold the mod the bar is always on the right position and just one squeeze away from firing. While I'm on the subject of firing, the mod fires amazingly quick, just ensure that when you get the mod you download the latest firmware as this will fix the occasional miss fire you get on the older firmware, I have experienced miss fires on the old firmware.

I did mention above that my fire bar has loosened up slightly at the bottom since I got it over two weeks ago, nothing serious as it doesn't detract from anything but it was definitely much firmer when I got it and it is make a slight rattle when I touch, I will attempt to fix this soon.

I cannot speak for the RX 2/3 but as far as the Alien goes, its amazing in every sense of the word and would highly recommend it.

Hey guys,what batteries would you suggest for the alien? Samsung 30Q or LG h2?

Thanks bud,i posted here cos I wasn't getting a reply there,i dnt think I'll be going higher than 90w so I guess either is fine?
Either is fine, get the cheaper ones I reckon.

I personally am running 30Q's as they were cheaper.

Just saw the following on 3F Vape regarding the Smok Alien:

Please Note: This product is delayed due to SMOK encountered the production problem. We heard that there is a little problem of the chipset and SMOK is striving to solve it. SMOK did not tell us the new ETA, but 3FVape will get the first one or two batch of product. And then orders will be shipped according to ordered date.

Just saw the following on 3F Vape regarding the Smok Alien:

Please Note: This product is delayed due to SMOK encountered the production problem. We heard that there is a little problem of the chipset and SMOK is striving to solve it. SMOK did not tell us the new ETA, but 3FVape will get the first one or two batch of product. And then orders will be shipped according to ordered date.

:(

Hope it is problem manufacturing chipset.... not problem with chipset itself :eek::eek::eek:

Now I wonder if I shouldget one...

:(

Hope it is problem manufacturing chipset.... not problem with chipset itself :eek::eek::eek:

Now I wonder if I shouldget one...

Me too

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

Hmm, well that explains why Efun postponed the pre-order until roughly end of October :(

I suspect it might be that they have to upgrade all the firmware before release due to the issue perhaps?

Back