Smokers lung from vaping

Lots of interesting comments.
I have been vaping for almost a year now and I seldom go above 35 watts. I just don't like a warm vape, especially first thing in the morning.
Got myself the Eleaf Icare and if I am not mistaken it goes to 15W. Decent flavour and sufficient cloud and works great in the mornings.

My last 2c is try not too vape 3 hours before sleeping.

Our lungs are very efficient at moving ejuice residue up and out the via several mechanisms.

When you are awake you usually cough, hack or clear the throat using water, coffee etc.

When you fall asleep and your lungs are clearing out the residue from massive clouds without you concious throat clearing stalls and nicotine sits in the oesophagal tract burning away at your tissue.

Your lungs are still removing tar and will continue to do so for a decade or so and they are not going to be as efficient at clearing out the NIC.

All this is imo
It seems my habbit might need some tweaking. This all makes sense and I have never given it much thought but the math adds up . I have a bed time (yes, like a toddler) so with the altered mix method I will aim to gradually increase my vape cut off time each night till I get to around 18:30. I am going to do 20/80 with 1.5mg nic. I'll go onto fruits for insta vapes in order to experience the difference and alter it if needed without the wait

Lots of interesting comments.
I have been vaping for almost a year now and I seldom go above 35 watts. I just don't like a warm vape, especially first thing in the morning.
Got myself the Eleaf Icare and if I am not mistaken it goes to 15W. Decent flavour and sufficient cloud and works great in the mornings.
I have realised that my Watt might be a big part of the problem. I think that with Everything said by everyone, I think this might be due to contributing factors. Will just have to adjust my habbit a much as possible and see what works. Thanks for your input

I had pretty much the exact same issues @Bunnypoison. Took about me 6 - 7 months to get rid of the phlegm and coughing. It became a LOT better after about 2 months. If you are anything like me, the detoxing of all the chemicals in cigarettes happens all at once. I found that drinking lots of water, average of 30% more a day for me, really helped clear up most of the issues I was having within a week or 2

I had pretty much the exact same issues @Bunnypoison. Took about me 6 - 7 months to get rid of the phlegm and coughing. It became a LOT better after about 2 months. If you are anything like me, the detoxing of all the chemicals in cigarettes happens all at once. I found that drinking lots of water, average of 30% more a day for me, really helped clear up most of the issues I was having within a week or 2
It is great to see how many have had this, that puts my mind at ease that it's not abnormal and going to kill me:party:. The detoxing also makes a lot of sens, in that case I'll make a point of getting some exercise as well to flush the gunk while upping my water. Thank you for the insight and advise.

IMO......the joose is boiled on the coil same like a pot of water on a stove plate. The higher you turn the knob ( more wattage) the more vigorous the water will start to boil.....spitting water all over the place.
This is exacly what happens inside your atomiser....you puff on it and pull all the boiling hot microscopic droplets into your mouth......bombarding your throat and pallet.

In other words........turn the knob down just below boiling point.

IMO......the joose is boiled on the coil same like a pot of water on a stove plate. The higher you turn the knob ( more wattage) the more vigorous the water will start to boil.....spitting water all over the place.
This is exacly what happens inside your atomiser....you puff on it and pull all the boiling hot microscopic droplets into your mouth......bombarding your throat and pallet.

I am getting a lot of that, I have set my my Temp down to 40W now, I will be changing my juice recipes as well and see how it all goes, thank you for your input;-). I always thought between 50W - 70W was normal, realizing its a tad high.

If your juice boils or spits your set up is wrong, it's called vaping not spitting.

Using a tc mod almost eliminates spitting, in vw it doesn't stop it getting excessive heat even on low wattage

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why people keep thinking spitback is from excessive heat, spitback occurs from two main culprits poor wicking and UNDER-power, the two of which lead to the juice not vaporizing quick enough and thus it boils leading to droplets being pushed upwards. If you have to turn down your wattage then your wicking is wrong or you have oversaturated the wick/well.

Using a tc mod almost eliminates spitting, in vw it doesn't stop it getting excessive heat even on low wattage

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
This is not really correct, If you have sufficient airflow over the coil the air flowing against and around it will cool it down and prevent over heating. It's a poor design or build when low wattage overwhelms the airflow cooling capacity.

I'm aware that tanks like this exist but I haven't owned one in a while.

Back