Spitting

cfm78910

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys

I'm using a Kangertech Subox Mini with the Nano Mini tank. I'm running a 0.4 ohm coil and when I press the fire button it spits once with a proper pop. How can I stop it from doing that? I didn't have the same issue when I ran a 0.8 ohm coil. It sounds like a bit of a newbie question now that I'm reading it, bear with me.

Cheers.

Chris

You can try to re wick with some more cotton, try the scotish roll method (you can find it on youtube) that may help... I hope

Hi guys
It sounds like a bit of a newbie question now that I'm reading it, bear with me.
Cheers.
Chris

Not at all it is a good physics question.
The liquid nearest the hot coil vapourizes - a bit like an explosion (rapid expansion of gas) this "vapour explosion" causes any adjacent liquid to be expelled - hence the spitting.
Reducing the heat will reduce it.
Reducing the amount of liquid around the coil will also reduce it.

How one achieves either I have no idea - I'm just saying what causes it.

Dave

If you are using the RBA its quite simple, when setting the coil push it a bit down so its closer to the deck. For some reason this stops it from spitting when you hit the fire button. The popping sound however will never really go away, every single coil does this.

Wicking: Have enough cotton in so that its just quite snug. There are hundreds of videos on how to wick a Kanger Mini in 100s of ways.

If you are using the standard pre-made coils that comes with it then i cant help you sorry. I still have mine and have only used it once, didnt like it so i put it back in the box.

PM me if you not getting it right.

Back