Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
With the proliferation of stabilised wood mods these days I thought it would be appropriate to open a thread dedicated to these beauties! We can discuss how beautiful they are and how to look after the wood and how it's made and everything to do with the beauty of wood!

I'm going to start off with some pics of my very first stabilised wood mods... and that's my custom made blue stabilsed woodvil made as a special favour from Rob when I sent him the beautiful block of wood I managed to get from a mate on ECF! And in the same pic is the famous Salmon Coloured Woodvil!

StabMods10.jpg StabMods11.jpg

Next up is my Lil Pinch that cost an arm and a leg and I was on a 18 month waiting list for. The tip was made by @hands from an off cut of the original block the mod was made from. While the voltage drop is almost nothing I never really liked the fire button system.
StabMods12.jpg StabMods13.jpg

Sticking with the mechanicals next up is my Shamus... I sent a block of stabilsed wood to @Justin Pattrick from Paddy Vapes and he made me a Shamus for each of us from the same block!

StabMods09.jpg

Gosh, there is something, near on a mix between Sci-fi and earthy about the mix of resin and wood. It is just such a perfect and harmonious bond between the natural and synthetic.
Resulting in absolute beauties like this. :inlove:

Still with mechanicals are two of my modified REO's done by @Genosmate. The one on the left is Dice and the one on the right is a Twin and the other twin is in Knysna! :p Both have stabilsed wood inlays!

StabMods14.jpg StabMods15.jpg

This block from that gentleman @Rob Fisher
x6wcxzw.jpg

was transformed into this stunner by that handy gentleman @Genosmate
UHQeLa1.jpg

Time to move into the regulated Stab Woods!

First up was my first Asmodus Kodama... Dual 18650 150 watt!
StabMods05.jpg StabMods06.jpg

One thing with stabilised wood is that you do need to look after the wood... and these are two wax's I imported from the USA to do that very job.
Wax 001.JPG

Next to join the family of regulated stab woods is my current favourite of all my mods and that's the Athena Prime DNA75 26650! I just love this!

StabMods01.jpg StabMods02.jpg

And finally the last addition to the family... and that's the baby Stab Wood from Asmodus! Single 18650... so cute!

StabMods03.jpg StabMods04.jpg

As unstable as me - this is WOOD! (courtesy of @Genosmate) - in daily use since mid 2015 without a hick-up and still sports a voltage drop just shy of 180mV.

Woodie-VD.jpg0.181V

As unstable as me - this is WOOD! (courtesy of @Genosmate) - in daily use since mid 2015 without a hick-up and still sports a voltage drop just shy of 180mV.

View attachment 755570.181V

Looks stunning @johan - i forgot about that one!
Glad to see its in operation and going well - and next to a drink of sorts ;-)
180mV is super!

This is my only wooden mod - JB Mod

Its a very special mod to me because it was made by @Genosmate
And I had the pleasure of meeting @Genosmate for the first time a few weeks ago at the Cape Town Vape Meet. We had some great chats and enjoyed a couple of good meals.

image.jpg

It has a RM2 and a dedicated Hands drip tip
I love how light it is and how awesome the fire button feels.
Works like a charm

Doesn't get rigorous use but the odd toot here and there. It doesn't travel. Stays perched near my desk :D

With the proliferation of stabilised wood mods these days I thought it would be appropriate to open a thread dedicated to these beauties! We can discuss how beautiful they are and how to look after the wood and how it's made and everything to do with the beauty of wood!

I'm going to start off with some pics of my very first stabilised wood mods... and that's my custom made blue stabilsed woodvil made as a special favour from Rob when I sent him the beautiful block of wood I managed to get from a mate on ECF! And in the same pic is the famous Salmon Coloured Woodvil!

View attachment 75330 View attachment 75331
Beautiful mods!Great idea for a thread.

Back