Stainless Steel Mesh as a Wick

@Silver I dripped some red pill.
The menthol tastes a tad sharper with a more "clean" but stronger burn at the back of the throat.

Also pics of a coil after 8ml of juice that would usually have the wick brown and the coil with gunk deposits.
View attachment 131270

AFAIK that if you want the SS to wick faster, you have make it a very tight wrap from the start. There shouldn't be an open space in the center. I say this under correction, but I'm sure that is what I read somewhere.

AFAIK that if you want the SS to wick faster, you have make it a very tight wrap from the start. There shouldn't be an open space in the center. I say this under correction, but I'm sure that is what I read somewhere.
Yea I need to try a tighter wick but it's a little difficult to get it really tight and still fit a 2.5mm ID coil. I suspect this will improve with time and effort added to rolling.

Something that I was hoping for as well:
Good to the last drop...
20180507_164653.jpg

@Christos - this sounds good - i liked your comment about the burn in the throat!
That sounds appealing!

@Christos - this sounds good - i liked your comment about the burn in the throat!
That sounds appealing!
I think the real test is a long term test. I'm going to attempt a wash and dry burn later this evening and see how that goes.
So far I'm impressed with squonking and mesh and I do see maybe another 3 devices in the near future with mesh as a wick.

I would like to use my most gunky juice on a mesh wick but I need to set that up in my entheon.
I fell down a flight of stairs so mobility and willingness to do anything except sit in my chair and work are at an all time low :D

I think the real test is a long term test. I'm going to attempt a wash and dry burn later this evening and see how that goes.
So far I'm impressed with squonking and mesh and I do see maybe another 3 devices in the near future with mesh as a wick.

I would like to use my most gunky juice on a mesh wick but I need to set that up in my entheon.
I fell down a flight of stairs so mobility and willingness to do anything except sit in my chair and work are at an all time low :D

Sorry to hear about your fall @Christos !
Hope you get better soon
Good luck for your further mesh research

For the sake of science, I should look around in my steeping cupboard to see if I have any of my cupcake mixes left. It has yellow cake AND sucralose. Coil gunkers of note.

Firstly, rewicking is a breeze. Rinse, dry burn and off we go.
5 minutes flat.
I am using the same juice so I didn't find it necessary to ultrasonic and the atty was not very dirty at all. Might be time to change the coil but I am going to leave it for now.
20180507_232222.jpg

Entheon getting some mesh too but this is from an offcut so probably the last atty for a while.
The cotton shredding juice goes in here.
3x28 awg Ni80 claptoned with 38Awg Ni80. 2.5mm ID if anyone was wondering.20180507_233932.jpg

Something else that seems to be a by product of mesh wicks is no oversquonking.
You squonk your bottle and the juice gets sucked back in effortelessly.
My biggest leaking issue isn't really squonking juice out the holes but when there is excess juice that heats up and falls out when the atty is tilted to ones mouth and the viscosity of the juice changes.

This is a juice that tastes nasty after 4ml as the wick needs rewicking as the coil is gunked beyond recognition after 4ml.

Frankly I'm shocked you can still see the coil composition after 16ml.
20180508_185806.jpg

I tried this almost five years ago. From what I remember, stainless steel wicks (like ceramic) do not like bends. Maybe try a slanted coil in the Narda?

As I was reading I was thinking the same thing and was going to finish reading before I said something to @Christos about the bends.
I did some experimenting with SS cable a while back for mtl vaping.

Back