Subbox reading .0 ohms?

Eddio

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys, hope your vaping lives are moving along as smoothly as a good cloud.

I'm currently having what could be a problem with my Kangertech subbox mod. Currently, I have my iJust 2 tank connected to it and for the most part it runs like a dream, good clouds, great flavour, no spitting, etc, etc.

But over the last few days I noticed that when i screwed in my .3 prebuild, the ohms and voltage will read as 0.0 and the vape just won't fire. So I put in a new coil from the same pack and it worked until yesterday, where I encountered the same problem. I noticed that when i unscrew it to about halfway it will then read the coil correctly at .3 and work. Then, strangely, i decided to fully screw in the first coil that read as 0.0 and now it reads and functions correctly.

I'm worried that this issue will worsen and that the mod might eventually short out completely, if it isn't already just about there. Is there some kind of connector that isn't aligned in my mod or could it be that I just received a bad batch of coils?

Some help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Last edited:
Contact issues.

Disassemble everything, give it a bit of a clean up and reassemble

Dude, different for sure. Is your 510 conector making proper contact? That in the past has given me wrong readings.
Also make sure your ijust2 coils are screwed into the base of your tank. I know simple answers but it can help narrow down faults

Hmm, already gave every component I could disassemble by hand a good clean and wipe with cotton. As for the 510 connector, is that the stud at the bottom of the tank that screws into the mod? Or is it inside of the mod itself? In case I run into this problem again, what can I do with the 510 connector to try and give it a fix?

Hmm, already gave every component I could disassemble by hand a good clean and wipe with cotton. As for the 510 connector, is that the stud at the bottom of the tank that screws into the mod? Or is it inside of the mod itself? In case I run into this problem again, what can I do with the 510 connector to try and give it a fix?
Yes in theory its the stub, make sure the male,(the stub) is clean and the female, on the mod is clean and dry and both make a solid connection.

Correct me if I'm wrong....The centre pin is not spring loaded?....And that's why i stay clear of mods with fixed centre pins...Had enough of those 10/20 eleaf's giving hassles with the centre pin :whip:

The subox centre pin aint the best when it comes to accommodating a variety of tanks. I read somewhere that it was designed to only be used with the subtank mini hence the contact issue with other tanks that don't have adjustable pins.

If you are willing to open up your device , you can remove the inner plastic part from the metal casing & use your finger to gently pop the pin higher up. I've done it a few times when using the Evod tank but don't suggest doing it too often as you risk the contact wire breaking off

Back