Subox Mini Feedback

MunG

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Guys,

It was a sad day, my subox mini kit out of the box vaped like machine
And the flavour is just soooo good.

But later the same day the 1.5 coil was tasting nasty, not dry just sies.
And i researched and pondered how i got that right, but after testing it, it comes in at 2 ohms.

So that is a huge bummer since i cant buy any more yet, of the bvc kind.

I almost thought something was wrong with the device.
Now i am using the 0.5 coil, and its back to full boost, at 40 watts no problem.

I wonder if anyone else has had failed coils out the box ?

Other than that, this device is just perfect.
What i have noticed is it also reads the ohms as the heat increases, and it is
Way more acurate than my i stick.

I will update some more again, but it is beautifull, and the best vape experiance i have had til date.

I would like to see some honest feedback on the evic too, i might get it still.
If it is going to make vaping a dificulty or not.

Now i need a white subox and more coils !!
Black and yellow would be awesome too.

Guys,

And i researched and pondered how i got that right, but after testing it, it comes in at 2 ohms.

Now i am using the 0.5 coil, and its back to full boost, at 40 watts no problem.

I will update some more again, but it is beautifull, and the best vape experiance i have had til date.

Pity about that coil but glad you're enjoying the new kit :)

I totally hear you on the yellow and black Subox :D

FYI, there will be a Subox Nano kit available around August, in purple and pink :p:rolleyes:

Pienk, nee nee

Maybe for the ladies, yes, who knows, my istick is red (pink)
It does not bother me, it looks nice with a black sleeve.

But....

If it could be dark iridacent colour, or metalic... Hell yes
Like midnight blue, or candy red

Nano would be cool aswell in a kit.

When will we get a vt device from them ?
Now that could be interesting.

Guys,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with that 1.5 ohm coil @MunG
I dont have a subox, nor the new subtank mini - so I cant advise you

But what I will say is that I have had many a dud commercial coil.

In fact, today, I was changing coils on my trusty Evod1 - and the coil I put in would not fire. I pressed both buttons on my MVP2 to measure the ohms and it said 4.8 ohms. I then pulled out my ohm meter and measured properly - 5 ohms! Hows that. So I put in another one. Measures 2 ohms. Much better.

Ive been quite lucky - probably only encountered about 1 in 5 duds across all the commercial coils Ive used. But they do exist - maybe your coil was just a dud?

I have a evic. It is a great device. (Currently puffing away on titanium coil using the temp control with strawberry and cream high vg) all nonsense aside it performs well .screen size is ideal for changing settings after a few beers.. I have had it. For about two weeks and had no problems and it has been stuck to my face the entire time. Saying that I have ordered a sub box as well. Just simply because I have to try it. You will only know you a true vaper if you have to buy everything. And then buy some more.. Even if it means having to buy ricoffee instead of Jacobs so you can afford some new vape mail..

I know of at least one other user who has had issues with the new coils (a 0.5 Ohm one) which only lasted a few days before it tasted terrible (according to him).

Seems commercial coil quality assurance still needs some work - hopefully the new coils will arrive shortly and we can start to get a feel for how common these duds are.

Use my 1.5 Ohm coil for little over a day (put around 3 tanks through it) and it was still perfect - I used it at max 20W, as these aren't intended for higher power.

What power were you putting through the 1.5 Ohm coil?

Thanks for the coil offer, but it is not a problem, i prefer the 0.5 ohm @Gert_Koen

@Silver i recon it was a dud only. But its nit a biggie, it did work for a few hours.

@free3dom i never pushed it above 18 watts and i also pre wicked it right in the shoo actually.

Its not changing anything, at least its only the coil.
0.5 is still going perfectly after about 5 tanks of juice.

I have had 1 issue with the 2nd coil i used on my subtank. From hit 1 it was burnt and tasted awful, replaced it with a new one, primed it and it lasted me 2 months. I have had the device since it was released and I am currently on my 5th coil (replaced on Monday). I have had duds in all makes of commercial coils but Kangertech coils seem to be outlasting and out performing all others I have had previously.

You are lucky. I cant seem to go any higher than 22 watts, and ive tried 3 different coil builds and rewicked about 7 times now, I get dry hits if I vape above 22watts. And my fire button gets stuck every now and then. Im vaping a 0.5 parallel 28g with jap cotton. And if I let it stand for over an hour without vaping,it just leaks. I can get 2 nice drags on 22 watts then its just dry hits. No matter how I wick it. IMG_20150701_200417.jpg

You are lucky. I cant seem to go any higher than 22 watts, and ive tried 3 different coil builds and rewicked about 7 times now, I get dry hits if I vape above 22watts. And my fire button gets stuck every now and then. Im vaping a 0.5 parallel 28g with jap cotton. And if I let it stand for over an hour without vaping,it just leaks. I can get 2 nice drags on 22 watts then its just dry hits. No matter how I wick it. View attachment 30496

I got mine this morning and i am SUPER impressed. I own and have owned a very broad spectrum of devices and this by far outweighs any other device i have. Looks, feels and vapes exceptionally. Looking at your build i have a suggestion. When wicking pull the cotton through the holes on each side and when its time to snip off the excess trim it with about 1mm away from the outside of the RBA. After trimming fluff up the wick sticking out. Watch this ->

I know its not an OCC in your pick but the effect is the same.

You are lucky. I cant seem to go any higher than 22 watts, and ive tried 3 different coil builds and rewicked about 7 times now, I get dry hits if I vape above 22watts. And my fire button gets stuck every now and then. Im vaping a 0.5 parallel 28g with jap cotton. And if I let it stand for over an hour without vaping,it just leaks. I can get 2 nice drags on 22 watts then its just dry hits. No matter how I wick it. View attachment 30496

IMG_20150613_095937.JPG

No leaking, handles up to 50W and high VG with ease. But dude, looking at your coil there, it's too small. As in you need to increase the coils inner diameter. You don't need to flirt with danger like me but a 3mm ID coil will sit in there happily i think. You will have more wick to keep you from getting dry hits and more wick to properly block the juice feeder holes. Oh yeah and check to make sure the rba section is properly screwed into the base

May I add that a drop test has been done by my mother in law. ..1.5m straight onto concrete...and it is still going shatered glass and all!!

The whole mod..Tank and kbox..I do agree with you @GerharddP..my battery door has two smal chips on the corners but that was before the fall..no new marks.Its made from Zink alloy wich is a biatch for paint to sit vas..Im getting a I stick 30watt silicone cover..it is almost size..Ill retro fit and post pics..Second thought was mat vynal.I wrapped my KUI in Vynal last week because it is also Zink alloy and have tryd plenty times to repaint..it just flakes off.

Also a bit worried about the paint wearing off. Let us know if you manage to sort the istick sleeve on there

The whole mod..Tank and kbox..I do agree with you @GerharddP..my battery door has two smal chips on the corners but that was before the fall..no new marks.Its made from Zink alloy wich is a biatch for paint to sit vas..Im getting a I stick 30watt silicone cover..it is almost size..Ill retro fit and post pics..Second thought was mat vynal.I wrapped my KUI in Vynal last week because it is also Zink alloy and have tryd plenty times to repaint..it just flakes off.

Ja nee, if you get it sorted let us know. I have other mods to use during the day but would you leave your baby at home all alone?

We'll according to the vendors online and my limited knowledge on coatings it would make sense. Zinc is a biatch to paint hence the reason why you have to remove galvanizing before you can paint it. I have just tested on the bottom of the mod and could not with any reasonable force scratch the coating.

Anyone else experiencing about a second delay firing their subox? Running an efest 2500mah 35a battery.

Thanks

Anyone fire button get stuck? Mine get stuck occasionally and I have to get unstuck by using tweezers. Also when I press the fire button, the battery meter sometimes drop to 1 bar,until I unpress the fire button then it shows full battery again.

Back