Subtank Mini (as RBA) - Workaround for those tiny channels :)

Dassie

cause it's friggin awesome!
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
I think I have reshaped or hacked something off every tank I have bought so far, so this might just be one of those things, but it has made this tank even better for me. I love this tank. I just couldn't get it to work with the rebuildable bit. Got all kinds of advice and read the forums but no luck. Might also just be the way I like to use it. Have a parallel 0.5 on here (5 wraps 28g around a 2.4mm shaft) at 30w and the flavour is amazing, but it would run dry.

So i did this:
IMG_20150208_170214.jpg
What you are looking at is the metal sleeve with 2 pieces grinded out exactly where the chanels are. It could have been neater but I was experimenting a bit to see how much I needed. The depth is just a tad deeper than where the thread ends.

Assembled it looks like this:
IMG_20150208_170614.jpg

Not pretty but pretty awesome results :rock:

Last edited:
Another awesome @Dassie hack :rock:

Well done bud!

Doesn't it flood? Or do you just use a bunch of cotton to compensate?
Weirdly enough it doesn't flood and I used very little cotton. I think the seal at the top creates some form of pressure that keeps it from flooding.

Weirdly enough it doesn't flood and I used very little cotton. I think the seal at the top creates some form of pressure that keeps it from flooding.

Brilliant :rock:

In that case you should forward these pictures to KangerTech so they can release an add-on RBA for thicker juices/heavier coils :D

This reminds me of my Taifun and if it does leak you can probably fix that by having the wicks come out through those holes :nerd:

Brilliant :rock:

In that case you should forward these pictures to KangerTech so they can release an add-on RBA for thicker juices/heavier coils :D

This reminds me of my Taifun and if it does leak you can probably fix that by having the wicks come out through those holes :nerd:
Hehe, I think they will come up with an update soon. Lots of complaints about this with the thicker juice. In the mean time I will keep loving this tank and try to earn her forgiveness for doing this to her :oops:

Hehe, I think they will come up with an update soon. Lots of complaints about this with the thicker juice. In the mean time I will keep loving this tank and try to earn her forgiveness for doing this to her :oops:

I think maybe she liked being drilled :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do think the SubTank Mini v2.0 will hit soon too ;)

@Dassie awesome little workaround there. How were the threads after cutting the chimney base like that?

I think maybe she liked being drilled :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do think the SubTank Mini v2.0 will hit soon too ;)
She definitely puts out way too easily and way too much for a girl who doesn't like it a bit rough.. :rolleyes:

@Dassie awesome little workaround there. How were the threads after cutting the chimney base like that?
@Ricgt, they are all good. I was careful though . That sleave is made quite well and the treads are not flimsy. I went in phases to test things like the threads. If I had to do this again it would be a lot neater and the cutouts would be much narrower, but I didn't know where I was heading when I started out :)

@Ricgt, they are all good. I was careful though . That sleave is made quite well and the treads are not flimsy. I went in phases to test things like the threads. If I had to do this again it would be a lot neater and the cutouts would be much narrower, but I didn't know where I was heading when I started out :)

Nice one, will give it a crack one day when I want to run some heavy VG juice.

Nice one, will give it a crack one day when I want to run some heavy VG juice.
Please let me know how it went. I will be using this tank with this little hack for years to come :)

Back