SX Mini M Class upgrade file available

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
A reliable source on ECF says:

Folks a final version for the M Class software will be released very shortly. You can pick Ni200, Ti, or set your own wire TCR and use say SS. Then when you synch your coil you have an option to set a temp offset in degrees C ...

Amazing... Now all I have to do is figure out how to do an update. :CHALLENGEFAILED:

Thanks @Andre

Managed to get it going with the help of Phil Busardo.

And here is a link to the upgrade file: http://www.yihisxmini.com/Upgrade-Firmware-page18.html

This file (last one on the list): Upgrade-Firmware-for-M-Class-75W-English-V2.32-TCR&OFFSET-20151010

Mine upgraded:

4avSHA3.jpg

I have also upgraded mine just now.

So does anyone know how to use this and how to configure this?

Is there any info on how to configure and use this new function?

I have also upgraded mine just now.

So does anyone know how to use this and how to configure this?

Is there any info on how to configure and use this new function?
Not any official info that I know of.

From "Manual TCR", if you select the down button it takes you to the "TCR Setting", which you can set according to the wire you used for your coil. See picture below.

The new temperature feature I still need to figure out, but this is what an ECF member says:

The "Compensate Temp" feature will let you select a value from 0-50ºC. So this seems to be the ambient temperature, not some kind of offset/delta from room temperature (20ºC). If you set a 10ºC lower value than actual temperature, this should be the same as increasing the temp limit by 10ºC. However, if you want a stronger/warmer vape, increase the temperature limit instead. The idea behind this new feature (as I understand it) is to easily compensate for different ambient temperature during calibration, without the need to fiddle with the temperature limit. Source.

G0zX6g7.jpg

Thanks for the info @Andre

So before these settings I only got a dry coil error on my SS coil.

I have a Uwell Crown tank on my SX.

So I have set the settings as follows:

35J, TCR settings at 0.000700.That is the highest I could go.

Temp at 210c and I have set the Compensate temp at 36c.

Vape is excellent and smooth.I am sure one can still play around with these settings but it seems to work for me.

I think the guys are going to miss their SX minis.All the people that sold theirs recently.

I like the idea that I can run my SS coils now in temp mode.

Morning

Tell me, is anyone else experiencing problems with their SX mini M when trying to connect it with the SXi software to update? Mine just shuts down completely when I turn "Link" On & then I have to remove the USB cable and the battery, reinstall the battery, hold the "Fire" button & the "Down" button simultaneously for a few seconds till it displays the Firmware version, then wait for that to go off & only then am I able to turn it back on - it's a mind f*** of note. I have been in contact with Yihi customer services but they seem stomped as well but as of yet I have not bothered poor @KieranD until I'm convinced my SX Mini is faulty. I'm afraid I'm going to end up with an expensive paper weight as I've been toiling with this endlessly for 3 days now.
Anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks.

It is suppose to switch off when you turn on the link.

Does the software pick up the device when you click connect?

Are you using the USB cable that came with the sx?

Morning

Tell me, is anyone else experiencing problems with their SX mini M when trying to connect it with the SXi software to update? Mine just shuts down completely when I turn "Link" On & then I have to remove the USB cable and the battery, reinstall the battery, hold the "Fire" button & the "Down" button simultaneously for a few seconds till it displays the Firmware version, then wait for that to go off & only then am I able to turn it back on - it's a mind f*** of note. I have been in contact with Yihi customer services but they seem stomped as well but as of yet I have not bothered poor @KieranD until I'm convinced my SX Mini is faulty. I'm afraid I'm going to end up with an expensive paper weight as I've been toiling with this endlessly for 3 days now.
Anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks.
I followed the instructions here and had no problems. Mine also turned off when I enabled the link as they say in point 7 of the linked document.

Yip I'm using the cable that came with it. No - that software doesn't pick the unit up when I click connect. I'l give I another go later when I get home.

Thanks for now with your input, I'll give feedback later.

Ok detailed update

When I put "Link On", the screen goes blank, the SX mini freezes up (driver is installed) that part I managed to get right days back), after that I go to upgrade as per the link @Andre posted above, I select the firmware file, that's fine but it won't let me run the upgrade as it states I must connect the device as it's not connected
IMG_1495.JPG IMG_1496.JPG IMG_1497.JPG

All the above happens after I put Link On. Even Yihi has stopped answering my mails. Oh well I'll wait till other reputable Mod manufacturers start supporting S/Steel wire. Thanks for your help guys.

Ok detailed update

When I put "Link On", the screen goes blank, the SX mini freezes up (driver is installed) that part I managed to get right days back), after that I go to upgrade as per the link @Andre posted above, I select the firmware file, that's fine but it won't let me run the upgrade as it states I must connect the device as it's not connected
View attachment 37159 View attachment 37160 View attachment 37162

All the above happens after I put Link On. Even Yihi has stopped answering my mails. Oh well I'll wait till other reputable Mod manufacturers start supporting S/Steel wire. Thanks for your help guys.
Try it without the battery in the SX.

Try it without the battery in the SX.
I've tried that @Andre, it was the first instruction I got from Yihi, won't even turn on when there's no battery so no way forward from there .. But thanks. I'm just going to leave it at that, leave it on my desk as a reminder not to buy fancy mods without local support but rather go cheap because if there's a problem the resulting paper weight didn't cost a fortune. Just waiting for @KieranD to get stock of the iStick 100w - plain VW dual battery mod from a reliable name.

Last edited:
on the sxi software program , click connection , then click install drivers , then turn on the link function on the sx mini , click connect on the sxi , then click upgrade , open file then select the rar file that you extracted , then click upgrade.

what does tcr actually do ?
If you look at one of my posts above, you will see TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance) values for different types of wire. For example, for Stainless Steel 304 the TCR value is 0.00105. When you build a coil with this wire you select TCR on the SX Mini and set it to said value. I am currently using this wire and it works perfectly.

So, with TCR you can use any wire that you know the TCR value of. In addition, you can tweak the value to your personal preference. You do not even need to set the SX Mini to Ni or Ti if you use such wire, you can just input the TCR value (and tweak it if you want).

All TC mods should have this functionality.

I actually agree with @shabbar. I still get dry hits
If you look at one of my posts above, you will see TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance) values for different types of wire. For example, for Stainless Steel 304 the TCR value is 0.00105. When you build a coil with this wire you select TCR on the SX Mini and set it to said value. I am currently using this wire and it works perfectly.

So, with TCR you can use any wire that you know the TCR value of. In addition, you can tweak the value to your personal preference. You do not even need to set the SX Mini to Ni or Ti if you use such wire, you can just input the TCR value (and tweak it if you want).

All TC mods should have this functionality.
I hear what you are saying & fully understand the logic and the reasoning, but ... in my opinion, and this is strictly my view on TC, to me TC is still deep in it's infancy. One should only have to set the wire type, then the unit should automatically lock the coil resistance, know the temp coefficient of that wire you set, all one should have to adjust is the temp. I'm often having to adjust Joules because I'm all of a sudden getting dry hits & burnt coils and more often than not I might as well be vaping VW because the joules and temp are so low to avoid these things. Remember that's my experience and I'm a retard.

Back