The 3D Mech Squonker Thread

I don't put them on the website as they are not around long enough. Generally they sell the same day and also have people pay even before they land.
Let's wait until @Silver confirms

Thanks @Zeki Hilmi

Just to clarify, vendors are not allowed to post pics of things they sell in the general threads of the forum, whether requested by members or not.

@Zeki Hilmi , rather open a new thread in your subforum and show all the pictures you need and all the discussions there. And feel free to tag the interested members in that thread so they know you have posted it there.

That full white one is boss!!!
White and 3d printing don't get along @Amir.. I was plating with a white phantom squonk yesterday with stab wood doors but it gets dirty to quickly... stick with molly and u'll be happy

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

White and 3d printing don't get along @Amir.. I was plating with a white phantom squonk yesterday with stab wood doors but it gets dirty to quickly... stick with molly and u'll be happy

Generally the white is an issue but these are nylon sls not abs

So along with my MaTo, my buddy purchased a second hand Simplicity BF squonk mod, the door was a little tired though and was a tiny bit thicker than it should be to sit flush, naturally being a perfectionist, I was given the task of giving it a new finish.
BeforeIMG_20170928_222704.png
The depth of the engraving was about the thickness that was protruding so I sanded it flat with some 600grit wet paper till the engraving was gone, gave it a coat of automotive primer, a fresh silver coat with blue splatters and a nice glossy clear coat.
I'm really pleased with the end resultIMG_20170928_220716.jpg

So along with my MaTo, my buddy purchased a second hand Simplicity BF squonk mod, the door was a little tired though and was a tiny bit thicker than it should be to sit flush, naturally being a perfectionist, I was given the task of giving it a new finish.
BeforeView attachment 108542
The depth of the engraving was about the thickness that was protruding so I sanded it flat with some 600grit wet paper till the engraving was gone, gave it a coat of automotive primer, a fresh silver coat with blue splatters and a nice glossy clear coat.
I'm really pleased with the end resultView attachment 108543

Fantastic revival. Nice choice of colors... well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeforeView attachment 108542
I'm really pleased with the end resultView attachment 108543
Looks very very nice. Is there a reason that the door on R2500 mod would not sit flush? Due to the printing process or just crappy finishing?
Looks much better than the original door.

Looks very very nice. Is there a reason that the door on R2500 mod would not sit flush? Due to the printing process or just crappy finishing?
Looks much better than the original door.
No idea hey bud, I wouldn't even say it was a noticeable protrusion, I'm just a very pedantic person, if I run my finger over and feel the slightest imperfection it's enough for me to do something. The protrusion was honestly less than a mm

No idea hey bud, I wouldn't even say it was a noticeable protrusion, I'm just a very pedantic person, if I run my finger over and feel the slightest imperfection it's enough for me to do something. The protrusion was honestly less than a mm
Ok kewl. Nice work though

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Squonk squad
232d8e46a3f0bcfaa949c373d08edf40.jpg

Silver contacts vs. alumni vs. 3d box vs. perfection equals..... Runt Mod. This is just a perfect setup.DSC_0970.JPG DSC_0971.JPG DSC_0969.JPG

Back