The Doggy RBA by Atmistique for the BB

Ash

My Hobby
LV

Awards
Seeing as there are going to be a few of these around, might as well start the thread for it. So I decided the first thing on my list this morning was to try out the doggy. For me thus far the Exocet has been a killer RBA for the BB. Flavour is outstanding. So In comes the Doggy.

Priced at 73 euros, almost half the price of the exocet. So how does this compare to the exocet. Lets find out.

doggy.png

Very similar to the exocet in terms of post design however I like the fact the 1 hole is slightly higher than than the other. Makes building easier. Juice Hole is a bit bigger I would think. The con though is the bloody tiny screws. A Pain to secure tightly and does come loose if you play with the coil a bit. However I see they do sell another style screw for it that u can tighten with your fingers which should be easier (Don't understand why they didn't ship with that in the first place).

Doggy_screws.jpg

Another issue, there is no 510 connection, for now but there is an adaptor for it. So for me in the meantime the coil master tab was a solution just to get coil burning correctly as well as checking ohms. Simple 3mm ID Clapton coil (I know the coil looks terrible, but was too eager to try it out that I didn't care 1 bit).

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

From the reviews a good amount of cotton went in and just like the Exocet cut and fluff to block holes.

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

In the boro tank it goes filled and primed with some thug juice, and wow. Airflow is amazing compared to exocet. A lot more open and the flavour for me is just as good as the exocet. Still on my first tank more than 3/4 empty and no leaks which is a good thing so far.

IMG_1795.JPG

I would say for the money, it is well worth it, seeing also that the exocets are hard to come by. Also there are other options like different screws and also a MTL option chimney. I am enjoying this RBA so far. You do need the 510 Adaptor, so when buying add that on as it will make your life a lot easier. Another good thing is that spares are easily available through Atmistique. The more I vape on the doggy the more I am enjoying it.

IMG_1796.JPG

Thanks for the writeup @Ash - and the lovely photos!
Great to hear

The doggy is in town - hehe

Oh WOW @Ash that's great news... good flavour like the Exocet but with more airflow? This could be a real winner... my Doggy should be here on Tuesday! Boom!

Both accessories were ordered so I should be good to go!
Doggy_510.jpg Doggy_screws.jpg

Seeing as there are going to be a few of these around, might as well start the thread for it. So I decided the first thing on my list this morning was to try out the doggy. For me thus far the Exocet has been a killer RBA for the BB. Flavour is outstanding. So In comes the Doggy.

Priced at 73 euros, almost half the price of the exocet. So how does this compare to the exocet. Lets find out.

View attachment 93001

Very similar to the exocet in terms of post design however I like the fact the 1 hole is slightly higher than than the other. Makes building easier. Juice Hole is a bit bigger I would think. The con though is the bloody tiny screws. A Pain to secure tightly and does come loose if you play with the coil a bit. However I see they do sell another style screw for it that u can tighten with your fingers which should be easier (Don't understand why they didn't ship with that in the first place).

View attachment 93003

Another issue, there is no 510 connection, for now but there is an adaptor for it. So for me in the meantime the coil master tab was a solution just to get coil burning correctly as well as checking ohms. Simple 3mm ID Clapton coil (I know the coil looks terrible, but was too eager to try it out that I didn't care 1 bit).

View attachment 93004

View attachment 93005

From the reviews a good amount of cotton went in and just like the Exocet cut and fluff to block holes.

View attachment 93006

View attachment 93007

In the boro tank it goes filled and primed with some thug juice, and wow. Airflow is amazing compared to exocet. A lot more open and the flavour for me is just as good as the exocet. Still on my first tank more than 3/4 empty and no leaks which is a good thing so far.

View attachment 93008

I would say for the money, it is well worth it, seeing also that the exocets are hard to come by. Also there are other options like different screws and also a MTL option chimney. I am enjoying this RBA so far. You do need the 510 Adaptor, so when buying add that on as it will make your life a lot easier. Another good thing is that spares are easily available through Atmistique. The more I vape on the doggy the more I am enjoying it.

View attachment 93009
Thanks very much @Ash

I thought this was going to be a winner.

Excellent review.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.I also think one will be able to do bigger coils than exocet.

Glad I ordered all the extras for it.

Konstantinos from Atmistique told me it is a great atty and that I should try it.He didn't want to elaborate to much between the exocet and the doggy and I understand why.

But I am sure it will be a winner.

No leaking etc yet?

My stuff from Atmistique is actually in Durban but due to stinking holidays will only get it on Tuesday.
Capture.JPG

Thanks very much @Ash

I thought this was going to be a winner.

Excellent review.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.I also think one will be able to do bigger coils than exocet.

Glad I ordered all the extras for it.

Konstantinos from Atmistique told me it is a great atty and that I should try it.He didn't want to elaborate to much between the exocet and the doggy and I understand why.

But I am sure it will be a winner.

No leaking etc yet?

No Leaking yet. The biggest coil I could put on the exocet was 2.5mm and here with 3mm on the doggy is just amazing. Lots of airflow. I believe the reason for more airflow is the fact that are no 510 threads which leaves the space for the bigger holes. But with the adapter u can still build easily.

No leaking is a good thing but also NO DRY HITS too. Another positive for this RBA

This is now how far I got on my first tank with it needing to be refilled. Performs just like an exocet in terms of wicking.

IMG_1797.JPG

Coil was easy to install (once I replaced the very tiny grub screws with the extras I bought with knurling)... the wick was a hassle compared to the exocet but still do'able. Luckily I had the adapter so burning in the coil and giving it attention was no issue at all. Doggy is all ready to go but I have to shoot out to fetch my daughter at the airport... will install it in the boro later for the test when I get back.

Doggy1.jpg Doggy2.jpg Doggy3.jpg Doggy4.jpg Doggy5.jpg Doggy6.jpg

Mmmm.......looks a bit....um "Doggy" to me :p

OK my wife is taking her time getting ready so I installed the Doggy in the Boro Tank and it's not as simple as the Exocet but again do'able... initial reaction is the air flow is better than the Exocet (if you want more air) and that's a good thing... only took a few puffs before being hailed to more later...

DoggyBoro2.jpg DoggyBoro3.jpg

Two Boro's ready to rock and roll when my new BB's arrive on Wednesday! ;-)
DoggyBoro4.jpg

Rob, i hope the doggy is good for you

Lol, that sounds bad...

OK my wife is taking her time getting ready so I installed the Doggy in the Boro Tank and it's not as simple as the Exocet but again do'able... initial reaction is the air flow is better than the Exocet (if you want more air) and that's a good thing... only took a few puffs before being hailed to more later...

View attachment 93243 View attachment 93244

Two Boro's ready to rock and roll when my new BB's arrive on Wednesday! ;-)
View attachment 93245

Nice, but how did you get your adaptor on a holiday? Anycase I hope u have had more time to compare, but I really like it. Its a good alternative to the exocet. Flavour for me is just about the same. You right about the wicking, a real pain in the butt but can be done.

Nice, but how did you get your adaptor on a holiday? Anycase I hope u have had more time to compare, but I really like it. Its a good alternative to the exocet. Flavour for me is just about the same. You right about the wicking, a real pain in the butt but can be done.

No idea how DHL delivered on a holiday? It was a complete surprise for me too!

The vape is a little different for me... very close and certainly an option and the fact that stock seems to be a lot easier to get as well and cheaper... more side by side testing needed but right now (and it may be in my mind) the Exocet is better for me.

Rob, i hope the doggy is good for you

Lol, that sounds bad...

So far so good Hi Ho @Silver! It's interesting... I always thought I wanted more airflow than I got from my Exocet... but now that I am getting more airflow from the Doggy I'm not so sure anymore... :confused:

View attachment 93001

View attachment 93003

View attachment 93004

View attachment 93005

View attachment 93006

View attachment 93007

View attachment 93008

View attachment 93009
Very nice.The B.B. is so interesting, I would love to try it.I think it,'d pay for itself with the juice saved.

Back