The perfect Reo build?

Baie Baie dankie Ω @johan!!! Done exactly what you recommended and I'm really happy to say that the issue has been resolved. Air hole is lining up perfectly now. Really appreciated! Thanks!!! No w I am a happy chappie :D

That doesn't sound right @Imthiaz Khan , the airhole should line up with the coil. If you do not come right with swinging the deck around, I will be more than happy to send you another Reomizer cap with no holes in it and you can drill a hole at exactly the right spot and diameter you like.

:clap: round of applause for ohm @johan !!! Expert knowledge from a REO expert!

Thank you for the advise @Yiannaki! Is this now much better?

View attachment 11882
its my understanding that with a paracoil build you should never let the wires cross over. thats including the legs that fir into the posts.
im not sure if the cross over will affect the coil build negatively but all the videos ive seen says do not overlap the wires.
and if Rip Trippers says so i believe...

its my understanding that with a paracoil build you should never let the wires cross over. thats including the legs that fir into the posts.
im not sure if the cross over will affect the coil build negatively but all the videos ive seen says do not overlap the wires.

but its a very well built coil as it is. nice bro!

with the first few parallel coils i built , my wires crossed too. I can't say ive noticed a difference in the vape between one with crossed wire and the others running side by side.

That being said, im a little ocd about the aesthetics of my coils and now that i have the hang of the parallel build, i'll toss it out if its not perfect. lol

@Imthiaz Khan , practice makes perfect but you're off to a super start :)

with the first few parallel coils i built , my wires crossed too. I can't say ive noticed a difference in the vape between one with crossed wire and the others running side by side.

That being said, im a little ocd about the aesthetics of my coils and now that i have the hang of the parallel build, i'll toss it out if its not perfect. lol

@Imthiaz Khan , practice makes perfect but you're off to a super start :)
totally agree with you. my OCD wouldnt allow anything other than how its meant to be done. takes quiet a few tries to get it as it should be but as @Yiannaki said. practice makes perfect

Thanks @Yiannaki and @Marzuq, most of the time I struggle with the para coils but i get it right sometimes. I chucked the para coil out because I felt the atty was getting too hot and I wasn't enjoying the vape as well. Went back to my normal 8 wraps on a 1.4mm ID which comes out to about 0.9Ω. I think this is where my sweet spot is.

@Imthiaz Khan it takes a few coil builds to figure what works for you.
at the moment my favourite coil is a twisted kanthal 28g with 2mm ID and 7 wraps. takes me to around the 0.72 - 0.74ohm mark.
ths setup works beautifully in my atomic. i have the same setup in my RM2 but the flavour and cloud production is completely different.
you may want to try a different atty too jst to see if your sweet spot varies.

Part of the fun is playing around with many different coils and positions, eventually you will start to find that, which is right for you.

i am easy, 26G 1.5mm or 2mm ID - 7 to 8 wraps, easy peasy.

but i must say that is a good looking paracoil - mine always looks like franken coils... lol

Thanks @Alex, @Marzuq, @PeterHarris! Appreciate your advise! I have been playing around a bit (time for playing is always an issue) with different coils and setups but more on the dripper attys that I have. Still got a lot to learn though ;)

i am easy, 26G 1.5mm or 2mm ID - 7 to 8 wraps, easy peasy.

but i must say that is a good looking paracoil - mine always looks like franken coils... lol

Simple, yet awesome! I have a 26G, 2mm ID, 7 wrap in my atomic and im loving it

So this thread has been dead a while. Thought I'd try and resurrect it.

Currently on 1.5mm ID 28g 14 wraps. Pretty good so far but she goes dry quick...

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

So this thread has been dead a while. Thought I'd try and resurrect it.

Currently on 1.5mm ID 28g 14 wraps. Pretty good so far but she goes dry quick...

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force
Ohms, wicking material?

Tried a micro coil (8 wraps 28G // 1.4mm ID with Rayon) past Sunday, unfortunately it doesn't do it for me and I am back to trusted 4 "ugly"/spaced wraps Kanthal Ribbon (0.9 x 0.1mm) on 2mm Ekowool, placing 1.4mm mandrel inside Ekowool while wrapping.

Tried a micro coil (8 wraps 28G // 1.4mm ID with Rayon) past Sunday, unfortunately it doesn't do it for me and I am back to trusted 4 "ugly"/spaced wraps Kanthal Ribbon (0.9 x 0.1mm) on 2mm Ekowool, placing 1.4mm mandrel inside Ekowool while wrapping.
Tried to get a 3mm ceramic wick through a 2.5mm ID micro coil, but without success. Then decided not to waste the coil and wicked with Rayon, very thick and tight wick. Vaping Frenilla on it. Actually not bad - far superior to cotton imo.

Quick and ugly coils with ekowool are all I do on my Reomizers ;)

Back