The Reomiser 2

So after an in depth discussion with @Silver at the meet I was inspired to build a parallel coil as he was really impressed with his. Thanks for the advice on keeping the fold on the kanthal and cutting it only after you've wrapped the coil.

Here it is. Parallel 28g, 2mm ID, 8 wraps, 0.67 Ω

255ae6fb144e0ecd97dd1589b33c5e90.jpg

8d732405410480f23baf226f56e3c2ca.jpg

Thanks @Yiannaki
Very good looking coil
Hows the vape?
How do you find the 2mm id?

@Silver I am really impressed with this setup. I've actually been vaping on it since last night.

The flavour is really nice and crsip!

So after an in depth discussion with @Silver at the meet I was inspired to build a parallel coil as he was really impressed with his. Thanks for the advice on keeping the fold on the kanthal and cutting it only after you've wrapped the coil.

awesome looking coil dude!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

That is a stunningly neat coil for parallel coiling! Please explain: "keeping the fold on the kanthal and cutting it only after you've wrapped the coil"?

That is a stunningly neat coil for parallel coiling! Please explain: "keeping the fold on the kanthal and cutting it only after you've wrapped the coil"?
Thanks @Andre :D so when building the coil, I took a long piece of kanthal and folded it in two. I used this folded side to wrap around the mandrel as it ensured I could easily control both strands. Once the coil was wrapped I cut that folded area to free the coils. @Silver recommended this.

PS does any of this make sense with how I've explained it?

Thanks @Andre :D so when building the coil, I took a long piece of kanthal and folded it in two. I used this folded side to wrap around the mandrel as it ensured I could easily control both strands. Once the coil was wrapped I cut that folded area to free the coils. @Silver recommended this.

PS does any of this make sense with how I've explained it?
Thanks, makes perfect sense....I now understand!

The reomiser thread seems to have slowed down a lot lately with all the other bf attys around :p

So the parallel coil I shared last, is a winner in my eyes and to this point my favourite coil on the reomiser to date.

Tonight I decided to build the same coil, but with a 1.4mm ID to see what difference the ID will have on the vaping experience.

Parallel 28G, 1.4mm ID, 8 wraps. 0.5Ω

I will share some feedback after trying it out for a few days.

In the meantime, here is a pic or two :)

a60b994f14f0c4d6c2e7eb17e50ed6e2.jpg

40dc7495811f85c9ca17da8782715375.jpg

I like the look of that

got a bit tired of the coil i had in the reo so decided to play with some of my twisted kanthal and made a 7 wrap triple twisted 26 gauge coil. vaping some vk pina colada on it right now, very tasty. coil takes a second to heat up but once it does, flavour and clouds are plentifull. not sure how to judge throat hit, by now pretty used to 12mg juice in the reomiser

DSC_0198.JPG DSC_0201.JPG DSC_0208.JPG DSC_0211.JPG DSC_0216.JPG

The reomiser thread seems to have slowed down a lot lately with all the other bf attys around :p

So the parallel coil I shared last, is a winner in my eyes and to this point my favourite coil on the reomiser to date.

Tonight I decided to build the same coil, but with a 1.4mm ID to see what difference the ID will have on the vaping experience.

Parallel 28G, 1.4mm ID, 8 wraps. 0.5Ω

I will share some feedback after trying it out for a few days.

In the meantime, here is a pic or two :)

a60b994f14f0c4d6c2e7eb17e50ed6e2.jpg

40dc7495811f85c9ca17da8782715375.jpg

Neat coil @Yiannaki despite you saying it was not very neat.

Am interested to hear your findings on the 1.4mm iD.
Some questions if I may:
- What were you comparing it to? 2mm?
- And how many wraps was the previous one?

I also noticed your coil seems quite near to the posts as opposed to near the edge.
- Is that where you like it?

got a bit tired of the coil i had in the reo so decided to play with some of my twisted kanthal and made a 7 wrap triple twisted 26 gauge coil. vaping some vk pina colada on it right now, very tasty. coil takes a second to heat up but once it does, flavour and clouds are plentifull. not sure how to judge throat hit, by now pretty used to 12mg juice in the reomiser

View attachment 11381 View attachment 11380 View attachment 11379 View attachment 11378 View attachment 11377

Super twisting and wrapping there @ET
And great photos!

Did you measure the resistance?
I would imagine its very low - like 0.5 or even lower?

Neat coil @Yiannaki despite you saying it was not very neat.

Am interested to hear your findings on the 1.4mm iD.
Some questions if I may:
- What were you comparing it to? 2mm?
- And how many wraps was the previous one?

I also noticed your coil seems quite near to the posts as opposed to near the edge.
- Is that where you like it?

Sorry I should have been more clear on what I was comparing it to :D

I was comparing it to a 2.0mm ID with the same number of wraps.(8) I wanted to test how the same wraps on a smaller mandrel would affect the experience.

- in regard to the coils position On the deck, I noticed the previous one was quite far from the edge, so I tried to replicate that in this one in order to keep them as similar as possible. Minus the ID of course.

I've been so distracted by the cyclones I haven't even had a proper chance to test this one out and compare it to the previous :p

Sorry I should have been more clear on what I was comparing it to :D

I was comparing it to a 2.0mm ID with the same number of wraps.(8) I wanted to test how the same wraps on a smaller mandrel would affect the experience.

- in regard to the coils position On the deck, I noticed the previous one was quite far from the edge, so I tried to replicate that in this one in order to keep them as similar as possible. Minus the ID of course.

I've been so distracted by the cyclones I haven't even had a proper chance to test this one out and compare it to the previous :p

Ok thanks - am curious to hear what your findings are.

I really appreciate what you are doing here @Yiannaki

With the same number of wraps there will have been a lot more wire in the 2mm ID coil, so the resistance would have been higher and power lower. Therefore my guess is you will probably find this current 1.4mm ID coil to be more flavoursome and throat hitting, just on the power alone.

I am interested also in the crispness of the vape and whether there is a change in "splutter" or wetness... See if you can pick up on those things - I will be glad.

Ok thanks - am curious to hear what your findings are.

I really appreciate what you are doing here @Yiannaki

With the same number of wraps there will have been a lot more wire in the 2mm ID coil, so the resistance would have been higher and power lower. Therefore my guess is you will probably find this current 1.4mm ID coil to be more flavoursome and throat hitting, just on the power alone.

I am interested also in the crispness of the vape and whether there is a change in "splutter" or wetness... See if you can pick up on those things - I will be glad.
It's all for the greater good of vaping :D :rock:

Will hopefully share some thoughts tomorrow :D

PS I will most definitely take those points into consideration :)

Shot dude. Looks like I might have to do a smaller I'D coil sometime to try that out. All mine are 2mm plus ones

View attachment 11381 View attachment 11380 View attachment 11379 View attachment 11378 View attachment 11377

Beautiful coiling there, deserving of a Coil Master award imo.

thanks @Andre , i like playing with kanthal. will try some fancy coils one of these days. but for now the previous coil was a bit warm so i grabbed another piece of twisted kanthal and made this one

DSC_0239.JPG DSC_0245.JPG DSC_0253.JPG

Back