The underrated Fuji GTA RTA -- a mini review

So after reading @Waines review I bit the bullet and ordered me the Fuji Son GTA.
Thanks for the FOMO @Waine! With it's smaller tank size I'm hoping this tank is good on flavour :D
Geekvape-digiflavor-fuji-son-gta-tank.jpg
Got to love these under the Radar tanks that blows your mind. Order placed as well....

Got to love these under the Radar tanks that blows your mind. Order placed as well....

Did you go for the Fuji Son too @Daniel?
I saw someone post it here but can't remember who, I went on a hunt for it after reading @Waine review.
I wasn't keen on the single coil version and the Fuji Son has both Single and Dual #Winner

Did you go for the Fuji Son too @Daniel?
I saw someone post it here but can't remember who, I went on a hunt for it after reading @Waine review.
I wasn't keen on the single coil version and the Fuji Son has both Single and Dual #Winner
Yes pre-order in at one of the slow boat stores. Think it was me more of a MTL guy myself so this should be good....

Yes pre-order in at one of the slow boat stores. Think it was me more of a MTL guy myself so this should be good....

In fact it might well have been you! I also did a pre-order, hopefully it ships on Dec 13th as stated.... Fingers crossed I'll have it by Feb :rofl:
Who did you order through?

In fact it might well have been you! I also did a pre-order, hopefully it ships on Dec 13th as stated.... Fingers crossed I'll have it by Feb :rofl:
Who did you order through?
Think from Hemel Geskenkies not sure but I'm a patient man....

Damn you guys are giving me so much fomo with this one... wasn't planning on buying a new atty this month and now I'm considering both this one and the Limitless Classic.

No @Sprint I haven't... buying each device that comes out is proving to be a little costly... but I will be selling my Fuji GTA shortly and may be tempted to try the Sapor... but frankly the Serpent Mini 25 still rules the roost and I'm not sure the Sapor will beat it... it may well equal it but then that's not a win...
Rob im not sure if you tried the Sapor already. But you should really look into the OBS engine. Its the best flavour tank i think. Even over the SM25. I have tried the Sapor and the engine hits it right out the park. Its also got a nice 5.2ml tank. I have been surprised not many people on the forum have tried this tank.

Damn you guys are giving me so much fomo with this one... wasn't planning on buying a new atty this month and now I'm considering both this one and the Limitless Classic.

@JB1987 The Fuji GTA is on special at Sir Vape. Check out their site. Fantastic price. This makes the deal so much sweeter. If I could afford it I would have 5. RTA of 2016 for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob im not sure if you tried the Sapor already. But you should really look into the OBS engine. Its the best flavour tank i think. Even over the SM25. I have tried the Sapor and the engine hits it right out the park. Its also got a nice 5.2ml tank. I have been surprised not many people on the forum have tried this tank.

A 5.2ml flavour tank really perks my interest! I have nearly bought one a few times... will see if there is one at the vape meet. ;-)

A 5.2ml flavour tank really perks my interest! I have nearly bought one a few times... will see if there is one at the vape meet. ;-)
I really hope so, would love your opinion on it compared to the Fuji and SM25 in terms of flavour! :D

I shall be checking in with you at the vape meet> If you find one I expect you to set it up at the vape meet too.
Heck, I could even build the coils and wick it for you :p haha

Last edited:
I coiled and wicked mine yesterday. First tank with horizontal coils I have come across that is able to wick properly with ceramic wicks (the Fuji failed that test). With cotton it should be amazing - shall try that next. Flavour is excellent. Best of all - not a drop of moisture anywhere. I just cannot leak with the top airflow. Of course with the airflow at the top, it justifies the engine name. Filling is a breeze - I do not even have to unscrew anything. For the volume of juice it takes, it is nice and compact. Really liking this tank so far.

I coiled and wicked mine yesterday. First tank with horizontal coils I have come across that is able to wick properly with ceramic wicks (the Fuji failed that test). With cotton it should be amazing - shall try that next. Flavour is excellent. Best of all - not a drop of moisture anywhere. I just cannot leak with the top airflow. Of course with the airflow at the top, it justifies the engine name. Filling is a breeze - I do not even have to unscrew anything. For the volume of juice it takes, it is nice and compact. Really liking this tank so far.

Hi Andre, so in your opinion, what would you recommend, the Fugi or OBS? Especially when it comes to a leakproof design and ease of wicking? (I know completely leakproof is nearly impossible).

@JB1987 The Fuji GTA is on special at Sir Vape. Check out their site. Fantastic price. This makes the deal so much sweeter. If I could afford it I would have 5. RTA of 2016 for me!

Hi Wayne

Do you have any problems vaping the tank till empty with the wicks positioned in the middle? I have both the Avo and Limitless Plus so quite familiar with the RDTA setup. Also, any leaking issues? I'm struggling to find reviews on YouTube for this tank.

Thanks.

Hi Andre, so in your opinion, what would you recommend, the Fugi or OBS? Especially when it comes to a leakproof design and ease of wicking? (I know completely leakproof is nearly impossible).
Too early to give a definitive opinion. The single coil and very easy wicking of the Fuji attracts me. Flavourwise they are on par with each other. However, I hate and detest the slightest bit of moisture on my tanks, even if due to my bad coiling/wicking. On that alone I will probably go with the Engine. Mini Merlin still to be tested.

Sorry @Waine to talk about other tanks in your thread, but knowing you I do not think you would mind a bit of an honest debate around different tanks.

I cant say anything about the fuji as i dont own it. But if you want a tank with smooth airflow. Great flavour and big cloud production and leak proof then that is the one. The obs is leak proof. it can still flood obviously if not wicked right but the liquid wont leak out the tank unless you turn it upside down while its flooding.

I cant say anything about the fuji as i dont own it. But if you want a tank with smooth airflow. Great flavour and big cloud production and leak proof then that is the one. The obs is leak proof. it can still flood obviously if not wicked right but the liquid wont leak out the tank unless you turn it upside down while its flooding.

So I caved and just went out and bought the OBS... will give it a go tonight, if it's as good as it sounds I'll have 2 rta's on the classifieds next week. Thanks for the advice :)

P.S. sorry for derailing the thread a bit.

Hi Wayne

Do you have any problems vaping the tank till empty with the wicks positioned in the middle? I have both the Avo and Limitless Plus so quite familiar with the RDTA setup. Also, any leaking issues? I'm struggling to find reviews on YouTube for this tank.

Thanks.

@JB1987 The Fuji GTA needs to be wicked all the way to the bottom. I find the Scottish wicking technique allows for great cappilary flow to the coil. Again, the coil must be K 20GA 4ID 5 and a half wraps or K 22GA 4ID 6 and a half wraps. This tank was built for big coils. Never had a drop of leakage with this build, especially the former.

No props hijacking the thread chaps, we are all here to share and learn.

Just to add. You can fill this tank without closing the airflow ring. No leaks.

Seeing as you hijacked the thread it's only fitting you do a review on the OBS

Thanks so much for this, I read it, and again, Im excited to be meeting someone to get it second hand :D it was barely used by them;;

My main reason for posting: I have an avo, 24mm, and the center pin - negative - which is loose on the Avo sucks :( I want to buy a new one, so please; don't do yourself any favours of buying a second hand avocado; New will be your best friend. I love this tank, even in it's most broken of situations. Always usually just takes a little screw drive fiddling to fix, but today I was like nah.. this is so not worth the maintenance. I

Im going to put in some SS claptons into the Fuji Dual Coil version this evening :D :D tell yous about it tomorrow :D

OK the excitement was all too much and I broke out the toolkit and did a build... the first thing is you wind the coil clockwise (opposite to the SM25)... but no issue I have a spare coil form the SM25... wow this is an easy build... so much space and great grub screws (well it seems like it so far).

This is a BIG TANK... but that is what I was looking for... lots of juice in da tank! :b1:

I never read any instructions and just built it similar to the way I do the Serpents except the tails are considerably longer of course... so far the flavour is excellent but let's see how we go over the day and how well my wick wicks... will take two Athena Prides out and about today... one with the SM25 and one with the Fuji GTA... report back tonight...

Many thanks to @Waine for highlighting this tank! :campeon:

View attachment 75614 View attachment 75615
Thanks, for this I have a little bit of juice squeaking past outside the bottom airy air vents; how thick were your wicks for the juice channels? :D Massive? :?

This tank-- magnificent. I have not felt like there is a better tank I have built on. 6 rep claptons, and this beauty produces. I did think of rather using 5 for after. BUT maybe all i need is a thicker wick. Man who sold it to me, did recommend leaving some edges - 3-4mm of wick - which i did, but i think it might not serve its full purpose if not being the full juice channel. as a result I don't fill the tank, I go half way, and can still enjoy for a 9 hour work day :D

This tank LOVES juice. Maketh the poppacorno inside that middle chamber .

Beast of the best.

Back