The underrated Fuji GTA RTA -- a mini review

I thought I would try an Alien coil (0.34Ω) in the Fuji GTA today and pump up the wattage to 60 watts... not lekker at all... will rip it out and give up on fancy coils and return to Ni80 24g. Got menthol only in the set up and almost no Litchi... and for some reason got a cotton taste from the Cotton BAcon... maybe because it needs so much wicking... but with my normal Ni 80 build I don't get that horrible cotton taste... maybe it's these cheap chinese coils?
FujiAlien1.jpg FujiAlien2.jpg FujiAlien3.jpg

I thought I would try an Alien coil (0.34Ω) in the Fuji GTA today and pump up the wattage to 60 watts... not lekker at all... will rip it out and give up on fancy coils and return to Ni80 24g. Got menthol only in the set up and almost no Litchi... and for some reason got a cotton taste from the Cotton BAcon... maybe because it needs so much wicking... but with my normal Ni 80 build I don't get that horrible cotton taste... maybe it's these cheap chinese coils?
View attachment 75870 View attachment 75871 View attachment 75872
Is that the demon killer alien ?

You dont need no Siren... The Mage GTA is what you need. Trust me... im a doctor. Ok, im not really a doctor but still.... its aMAGEing

Nope just bottom airflow. That top airflow is just silly because it simply dilutes the Vapour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Rob Fisher have you tried the Sapor RTA yet?.

No @Sprint I haven't... buying each device that comes out is proving to be a little costly... but I will be selling my Fuji GTA shortly and may be tempted to try the Sapor... but frankly the Serpent Mini 25 still rules the roost and I'm not sure the Sapor will beat it... it may well equal it but then that's not a win...

The best builds on the Fuji GTA are with 20Ga Kanthal, 5 wraps or 22 Ga Kanthal 6 wraps. Gives you about 0.36 Ohms. For some reason this RTA loves thick wire. If you check out Big Guy's demo clip he uses 22GA.

9e34295f548285afef61604e85a67372.jpg

I tried a Sapor RTA, although to be honest it was just a few puffs and I was not impressed with it at all.
I also felt as if the guy had a build which was too big for it or the wattage too high. It was fine then suddenly BOOM, waaay too hot for my liking. Flavour was.... meh.

Pay day is Vape Day...I bought 2 new Fuji GTA RTA's. No pics, no bumpety bump...
Good Lord, I have found my perfect RTA, and I cannot have enough. I cleaned them and did my ultimate build: Kanthal, 20Ga, 4ID, 5 and a half wraps giving me 29 - 30 Ohms. Im sure it is the Scottish wrap that gives the wick an effective capillary action and the way it is constructed that makes this my number one. We are all on a quest to find the best builds and wicks on our tanks -- this is my Utopia.

If you have one, don't use any Clapton, fused, twisted, Demon Killing, angel embracing coils. Try this build. Its so simple! I just had to share my awesome experience again with this marvellous tank, as well as a winning build. It would be a crying shame to keep it to myself. All my other RTA's pale into oblivion in comparison. Just how they managed to design a single coil atomiser with such huge output befuddles any mind.

Edit: Oh yes!, In my briefcase on the way home, no leaks! Not one drop! Thats a huge boner for me!

I am staving off the desire to buy just one more.

Last edited:
Do not have hanger wire (20G Kanthal) @Waine :). Thickest I have is 24G. 5/6 wraps, 3.5mm ID got me to 0.62 ohms. Slapped a Cotton Bacon wick on there and Bob is your uncle. Easiest installation and easiest wicking ever. No thinning, or combing or fluffing or positioning. Tried it on my as new Hohm Slice on which I was able to set it via Kanthal TC to get the flavour of one of a well known to me juice exactly as I like it.

Early days yet, but so far the Fuji Digiflavor (single coil) is winner, winner for me. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Do not have hanger wire (20G Kanthal) @Waine :). Thickest I have is 24G. 5/6 wraps, 3.5mm ID got me to 0.62 ohms. Slapped a Cotton Bacon wick on there and Bob is your uncle. Easiest installation and easiest wicking ever. No thinning, or combing or fluffing or positioning. Tried it on my as new Hohm Slice on which I was able to set it via Kanthal TC to get the flavour of one of a well known to me juice exactly as I like it.

Early days yet, but so far the Fuji Digiflavor (single coil) is winner, winner for me. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

@Andre Good stuff mate. Whatever works for you. We all have to find our happy place. You can throw just about any reasonably big coil ID on the deck and I think it will perform well. Would love to hear more feedback. With three in my rotation I am over the moon. First RTA that has no condensation or leaking issues. Did you also pick that up?

Have a suspicious some SM25s going up for sale soon.....

@Andre Good stuff mate. Whatever works for you. We all have to find our happy place. You can throw just about any reasonably big coil ID on the deck and I think it will perform well. Would love to hear more feedback. With three in my rotation I am over the moon. First RTA that has no condensation or leaking issues. Did you also pick that up?
I have actually had a bit of juice at the bottom of the 510 connection and some on my mod's 510 pin. Shall keep an eye on it.

@Andre. When you re fill, make sure you close the bottom air feed slots. Then open when the top cap is screwed back on. Also, keep your coil as close to the chimney as possible when building.

@Andre. When you re fill, make sure you close the bottom air feed slots. Then open when the top cap is screwed back on. Also, keep your coil as close to the chimney as possible when building.

Always a bloody trick to these things... Can we not just have a tank that you can in a drunken state wick refill piss on the lawn while filling and vape on???!! Is it too much to ask??!!

So after reading @Waines review I bit the bullet and ordered me the Fuji Son GTA.
Thanks for the FOMO @Waine! With it's smaller tank size I'm hoping this tank is good on flavour :D
Geekvape-digiflavor-fuji-son-gta-tank.jpg

Back