Tinnitus and vaping

In similar fashion to previous posts I have had tinnitus for years. No change in 3 years of vaping. Having spent hundreds of hours over the years playing gigs in small venues through a cranked up Marshall stack it is surprising I have any hearing left at all.

I had tinnitus before I started vaping. But I did notice an increase in intensity a few weeks after I started vaping, not sure if it was just a coincidence. I read an article that juices that are higher in PG can aggravate tinnitus symptoms.

The increased intensity subsided after a few weeks and life was back to the standard mind-numbing ringing, albeit a little softer.

Reviving an old post. :)

I started developing tinnitus after doing national service in 1985/86. When I did my first flight medical in 1987, I was a little apprehensive about the outcome, but all was okay. The doctor told me that it is normally caused by very loud noises.

I have more tinnitus in my left ear. I am pretty sure it is due to my buddy with his R4 on my left side that caused the tinnitus because his rifle's breach/cartridge ejection was close to my left ear constantly. Poor guy on my right hand side got the same treatment from my R4. Guy on his right......... etc.

Being a gunner with the big G5 guns probably also didn't help. ;)

I started developing tinnitus after doing national service in 1985/86. When I did my first flight medical in 1987, I was a little apprehensive about the outcome, but all was okay. The doctor told me that it is normally caused by very loud noises.

I have more tinnitus in my left ear. I am pretty sure it is due to my buddy with his R4 on my left side that caused the tinnitus because his rifle's breach/cartridge ejection was close to my left ear constantly. Poor guy on my right hand side got the same treatment from my R4. Guy on his right......... etc.

Nope, it was definitely vaping that caused it. No doubt in my mind...

Jokes aside, how are you not deaf?

it may be the nicotine that causes tinnitus, nicotine causes the constriction of blood vessels to the organ (ear)

I'm hoping it's a CO incidence. I guess I'll never really know, because I don't intend quitting vaping in the near future. But if I do, and the tinnitus disappears, I will post feedback on this thread.

I'm learning to live with it though.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I am also ex-sadf. I also have hearing issues which I am convinced are from back then.

Tinnitus I have had in both ears from those days.

Sometimes bad sometimes not.

But yes, all those noises back then and you never knew when it was going to hit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have a friend, did military service SADF in the eightees. He has tinnitus to this day. He spoke of border duties and swears that his tinnitus is from a "contact", the sound of bombs and also from an R4 rattling off next to his head.

Tinnitus really sucks.

Last edited:
No symptoms in ~6 months of vaping from me... Although I did install a banging sound system in my car so it might come around soon...

I have a friend, did military service SADF in the eightees. He has tinnitus to this day. He spoke of border duties and swears that his tinnitus is from a "contact", the sound of bombs and also from an R4 rattling off next to his head.

Tinnitus really sucks.

Christmas beetles we used to call it. Still chuckle when in the movies the good guys have a casual chat in the middle of a shootout. You fire a firearm indoors without ear protection you are not going to be speaking normally for a while. And yes, the effects can be long term.

Regards

Christmas beetles we used to call it. Still chuckle when in the movies the good guys have a casual chat in the middle of a shootout. You fire a firearm indoors without ear protection you are not going to be speaking normally for a while. And yes, the effects can be long term.

Regards
Raindance... That's it. Mine sounds just like the Cicada Beatles in the sweltering Durban December heat.

Back