Top Vendor 2014 (Proposition)

Top Vendor Poll: Is it a good idea to do this?

• Yes

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
@KieranD its vaping dude not gaping lol.
Im all with @BigGuy on this...
I agree.It creates a great platform for us to sit back and see what we are doing right and what we can do to improve :)
End of the day we are in the business of improving peoples lives through gaping as well as providing the service they expect

I like the idea, pending vendors are happy to be "judged", but like me some people on holiday are only on Tapatalk, so can't vote.

This is why I recommended this run into early/mid January...I just wanted to get the ball rolling since there are some "logistical" issues :D

@Oliver Barry HA HA HA nah if we are there then we are there but if not its because we are doing something wrong, I would much rather know if we are doing something wrong and find a remedy than plod along and end up closing if you get what i am saying. I have no problem with negative criticism if its valid. But for us to be successful and for us to add value to our customers its in our best interests to actually know our faults.

Spoken like a true leader Bro!

IMO all our local vendors are awesome when it comes to personal service, some of them just more emotional than the others. What about a poll with certain categories; i.e: pricing, variety, friendliness, after sales service etc. Points are given on a scale of 1 to 5, tallied, and the category winners announced?

IMO all our local vendors are awesome when it comes to personal service, some of them just more emotional than the others. What about a poll with certain categories; i.e: pricing, variety, friendliness, after sales service etc. Points are given on a scale of 1 to 5, tallied, and the category winners announced?

Absolutely, I'm just curious as to how this would be implemented on the forum? Maybe we could create a survey instead (on one of those survey sites) and simply link to it from the forum and then post the results here?

My Suggestion is have 3 elements or 3 separate polls 1 for service 1 for price and 1 for products (products Juice/mods etc) this would also make it possible for the various vendors to see where they fall down, they might be brilliant at service but suck at price or products lol And then based on where the vendors fit into each category they get allocated a score eg 1st place is 10 points 5th place is 2 points and the total score between the 3 polls is added and you have the vendor of the year with the highest score. simple and easy to do.

My Suggestion is have 3 elements or 3 separate polls 1 for service 1 for price and 1 for products (products Juice/mods etc) this would also make it possible for the various vendors to see where they fall down, they might be brilliant at service but suck at price or products lol And then based on where the vendors fit into each category they get allocated a score eg 1st place is 10 points 5th place is 2 points and the total score between the 3 polls is added and you have the vendor of the year with the highest score. simple and easy to do.

Very very clever - and a great idea :D

I also believe and i speak for Hugo (HOBBIT) here that winning isn't the goal here its to find out where you stand in the community and as well as how to adapt to get to the top space for next year. Some people might think its about the prestige and that is the wrong way to look at it in my opinion, from the vendors perspective its about how to add more value to you the customer which in turn obviously adds value and credibility to us the vendors.

I also believe and i speak for Hugo (HOBBIT) here that winning isn't the goal here its to find out where you stand in the community and as well as how to adapt to get to the top space for next year. Some people might think its about the prestige and that is the wrong way to look at it in my opinion, from the vendors perspective its about how to add more value to you the customer which in turn obviously adds value and credibility to us the vendors.

That is a great way of looking at it and definitely expresses what I would like from this, a way for the vendors to get something back, whether it be feedback on where they can improve or praise for where they shine.

Fully agree with @johan.

As I have said before, if we as consumers are civil about it, there's nothing wrong with "calling" a vendor on something. If they are willing to do business on a public forum, then they should be grown up and handle any "critisim".

So for example - I am never willing to pay more than something is worth. Because of my line of work, knowing pricing on products comes with the territory. And since I take this seriously, I pay attention to this subject.

If a vendor knows their pricing is off, they "should" go back to the supplier and say if they can't be at price point X, then don't bother. Nobody expects vendors to sell at no profit.

Or it could be quality of the product is off and so on...

So if a vendor knows where it may be lacking, it could only benefit all.

So in conclusion, @johan's poll idea in categories is great imo.

@r0gue z0mbie Fully agree dude, just one point though and i say this with respect. It is very hard to go back to a distributor on price especially from little old South Africa when you ordering like 500 bottles of juice for example. Where they are used to selling 1000's of bottles to the big boys. The difference is though when you land the bottle here is how much we as vendors put on as a mark up to keep it competitive and affordable to you the consumer.

I think that the best way of dealing with prices you are not willing to pay is to not pay it and move on.

Competition (which is fierce in this sector :D) will sort out any heavily overpriced issues. Slight variances does not bother me at all and I will (and have) ordered something at a higher price from one vendor even though it was slightly cheaper at another - usually because I want other stuff from the first, or I've had great service. Also, not all vendors operate the same way and they do have varying amounts of overhead, so that should be taken into account. And finally, good service at a slight premium is something I gladly pay for...otherwise I might as well do all my shopping on Fasttech and the start praying that I actually get my stuff :D

i think we are going off subject here.

I do.

But what does that fix in the big picture? Nothing.

I will import or buy something else, and the vendor will be none the wiser.

I understand, but I want this to be about positive re-enforcement...not a place for people to vent their frustrations. That's what the vendor section and normal forum is for.

I understand, but I want this to be about positive re-enforcement...not a place for people to vent their frustrations. That's what the vendor section and normal forum is for.

No I think I was misunderstood.

All I was elaborating on is - knowledge is power.

Soooo if a vendor scores 0 on category X, maybe they'll look at it.

I'm not saying 'gloves off and lets go.'

No I think I was misunderstood.

All I was elaborating on is - knowledge is power.

Soooo if a vendor scores 0 on category X, maybe they'll look at it.

I'm not saying 'gloves off and lets go.'

Sure thing, I did not mean to say you were implying this or that you would be doing this - just wanted to clearly state the intention again for future readers :D

We need a member with Admin and/or Mederator power to setup the various Pole Categories, where nobody has any power to post comments - all members can only cast a vote: (0 to 5). This will eliminate any vendor and/or member getting emotional or upset.

Back