Twisp Review ( Clearo And Liquid )

It has now been just over a month since I kicked the stinkies, in turn for the greener pastures that are the world of vaping. Although I have made leaps and bounds in the increase of my vape collection since my first purchase of the Twisp Clearos, these are after all the devices that popped my vape "cherry", and opened my eyes to other possibilities.

1. Packaging

This is in my opinion, one of the areas where Twisp have hit the nail on the head. The packing is superb - along the lines of the iPhone packaging. Super high quality printing and matt -white base gives a real premium feel. Everything is secure and well presented.

(cat for scale)
DSC_0479 (Custom).JPG DSC_0480 (Custom).JPG DSC_0481 (Custom).JPG

2. Contents
The picture tells it all. Instruction manual, usb charger and wall-adaptor, 5ml bottle of Tobacco #1 juice, 2x30ml bottles of Tobacco#1 and Rebel juices, 2 x clearo atties, 2x batteries with LED indicators, pleather pouch, 7 spare coils.

DSC_0484 (Custom).JPG

3. Performance
Coming from the stinkies, my first frustration with the twisps was the lack of vapor production. I used to puff and puff until the attie was too hot to handle, trying to regain that feeling of a thick cloud entering the lungs. With a bit of defined technique, one is able to get quite a fair amount of vapor from these little guys even on the standard twisp juices, however, I still wanted MOAR. My next gripe was due to the inconsistency at which these devices perform - one hit you will get a lovely thick cloud, and then the next will be thin laced with occasional spits of liquid from the coil. I have since learned that these atties don't like to lie down on the side for extended periods, and keeping them upright sorted out the flooding issue for the most part. One thing that keep me using these little guys even today, is the durability of the build. I have dropped, stepped and sat on my twisps in varying degrees of severity, and never had any sort of breakage. I always have a twisp in my pocket now for those emergency situations where I can't carry by bigger devices.

4. Conclusion
Although Twisps are considered by a lot of members as noob devices (which I do agree with as there is so much for to the world of vaping), I do feel that they still have a very firm place in my daily usage collection. They are well-built, reliable for the most part, and parts can be found pretty much everywhere. Also, as they are the little guys that got me off the stinkies to start with, I will always have a soft spot for them.

Happy vaping,
Audio

I started with a twisp clearo pack for myself and the wife, got extra batteries and so on, It definitely works, that is how I got of the stinkies, but ever since then I discovered so much more, and the "real" world of vaping, that costs me more now than it did with the twisp, hehe... Still, I love vapeing and thank the inventors thereof allot for this great invention.. and we are in the center of all the new technology and innovations as new improved devices spring up all around us with every passing day...

Quit the stinkies, that is the main thing, does not matter how you get there, hehe :)

Hi @audiophile011
Thanks for the great review and for sharing your thoughts and views
I have moved your post and the few after it to this thread to keep it all in one place

Hello fellow Twispers

I also started out with a Twisp (still using it right now) and just thought I would give a quick tip if ever you feel like changing the coil but you have some liquid left in the tank (hell this stuff works out to R10 000 a litre). It is quite simple really just remove your mouth piece take a piece of plastic and wrap it around it and insert it back into your device (the plastic must seal the bottom end of the piece opposite of where your mouth would go) now you can turn the device around and unscrew the Clearomiser and replace the coil. I use the original packaging to keep the device upright while i am replacing the coil. Reassemble the device and turn it back around and unscrew the mouthpiece a bit and screw it back (to allow the liquid trapped above the seal formed by the clearomiser to get back into the tank), remove the mouthpiece and take off the plastic, there will be some liquid at the top of the device below the mouthpiece but you can either clean this out, with some tissue paper, or pour it back into the device if you feel it necessary.

Hope this helps

Colleague came to me yesterday ... twisp battery piping hot, and on closer inspection I noticed that the casing is starting to split ... looks like the battery inside is busy venting and expanding
20150408_142749.jpg

No offence but if Twisp was the only device on the market I'd rather smoke. I hated the device, all the leaking, spitting and pathetic battery life. Not to mention the poor vapor production. It is way, way too expensive for what it is. For a tiny bit more you can get a real device like the iStick with a Nautilus Mini. I don't know what it is like to vape Chanel No 5 but their Tobacco No 1 must be close. Hate everything about Twisp.

I was actually quite impressed with the Twisp in comparison with my Evod, and I only had a few toots on one after owning a Reo ;).

No offence but if Twisp was the only device on the market I'd rather smoke. I hated the device, all the leaking, spitting and pathetic battery life. Not to mention the poor vapor production. It is way, way too expensive for what it is. For a tiny bit more you can get a real device like the iStick with a Nautilus Mini. I don't know what it is like to vape Chanel No 5 but their Tobacco No 1 must be close. Hate everything about Twisp.

Hate is a strong word. I find the battery to last me an entire day the leaking problem was addressed once it became apparent that it is an issue and as for getting a "real" device yes it might not be the best gear out there but it is the easiest rather good quality piece to come by and therefore attracts a lot of new vapers like myself.

Hate is a strong word. I find the battery to last me an entire day the leaking problem was addressed once it became apparent that it is an issue and as for getting a "real" device yes it might not be the best gear out there but it is the easiest rather good quality piece to come by and therefore attracts a lot of new vapers like myself.
In two weeks time you will change your mind. Using a twisp i don't really call vaping i have to triple pull to sort of feel satisfied.

When you ever decide to upgrade just get yourself a Reo with a Rm2 and you will never look back. I spend thousands and thousands on vape gear and always comes back to the all mighty Reo mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree...Twisp is great and we veteran vapers tend to forget how good they are when starting out :D

Anything that helps people get off the cigs is a bloody brilliant product - end of story :rock:

I think if I didn't discover this forum I would still happily be tooting on my Twisp... or be back on the stinkies.
It was a good stepping stone though.

I mostly agree with you. The one, and probably only good thing about Twisp is that they are very visible and create an awareness that there is an alternative to smoking. I can't speak for others but in my circle of friends and family there are many examples of people who tried Twisp and because of the bad experience decided vaping as a whole is not for them and carried on smoking. I managed to convert most of them by exposing them to other devices and making them realize there is life after Twisp. Also quite a few dual users who after experiencing better devices switched to vaping exclusively. Unfortunately there are many who don't get to that point and choose to rather remain smokers. So there is a place for Twisp in the sun but I get really cranky when I see what the charge for a device that really shouldn't cost as much as it does. And also the price of their juices that cost more than proper juices from the likes of Nicoticket. Absurd.

Took me 9days or so to quit stinkies completely with Twisp
I loved my Twisps
I continued vaping Twisp exclusively for about 2 months until I switched to a mini Protank 2
But it worked for me - with a bit of willpower

I think the product needs to be upgraded though to keep up with other similarly priced products
And I think their juices need to come down in price
Perhaps with more competition, this will happen

Back