Two Fishbone heads smashed in 3 days: vent

Waine

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
This is more of a vent and a lesson for me at the same time. Last week my favourite and first RDA, the short, stubby, simple glass dome with 3 posts and super screw heads, broke. What a great hitter! I really liked the little midget

It was on my SMPL Mod next to a SMAKAROON juice bottle on my desk when I bumped a wooden tissue box off my pc onto the unit. Glass Smashed!

No worries. They give you two Pyrex glass covers for idiots like me. I replaced it. Two days later the cleaner lady at the office accidentally knocked something over on my desk and a tiny ugly spider Web crack appeared.

I stripped it. Cleaned it and packed it away. No more! It was a sign...lol...

I only drip in my office and hence have a huge place for dripping in my regime. Fortunately I have 2 more RDA'S.

Lesson learned....no more glass mouthpieces for me. I'm far too clumsy. I need metal!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Unlucky...I have been lucky, run a fishbone and trinty...touch wood, haven't dropped them yet

I break tanks and drippers all of the time... Just ask @Rowan Francis

If it's not cracking the glass, stripping threads, snapping posts, smashing the metal casing my new favorite misshapen is melting the positive post insulators!

BUT !!! By far my most cringeworthy damages are my rolo smashing into my iPhone screen. 3 replacements later before I learnt that they should always be arms length away

I break tanks and drippers all of the time... Just ask @Rowan Francis

If it's not cracking the glass, stripping threads, snapping posts, smashing the metal casing my new favorite misshapen is melting the positive post insulators!

BUT !!! By far my most cringeworthy damages are my rolo smashing into my iPhone screen. 3 replacements later before I learnt that they should always be arms length away
Have you looked into tempered glass screen protectors?
I had one on my note 4. Payed R700 for it and my wife thought I was crazy.

A few months passed and my son was 2 and a half. Found my phone, ran and before I could catch him he threw it.

Needless to say upon inspection I was gutters. Screen was shattered.

I decided to take the tempered glass off to assess the damage further and lo and behold it was the tempered glass only and the screen was 100%.

Bought another tempered glass screen protector the next day for R300.

Better than 10k for a new phone!

Have you looked into tempered glass screen protectors?
I had one on my note 4. Payed R700 for it and my wife thought I was crazy.

A few months passed and my son was 2 and a half. Found my phone, ran and before I could catch him he threw it.

Needless to say upon inspection I was gutters. Screen was shattered.

I decided to take the tempered glass off to assess the damage further and lo and behold it was the tempered glass only and the screen was 100%.

Bought another tempered glass screen protector the next day for R300.

Better than 10k for a new phone!

Glass screen protector broke a few days prior and before I could replace it the rolo cracked the screen. Once it was replaced the glass protector was kinda useless as it would have these air bubbles.

Currently the phone is back at the istore, my previous iPhone battery blew up ! So I'm using the previous previous iPhone. Yesterday I dropped it and the back glass cracked!

In general I need a tin can with a string....

Glass screen protector broke a few days prior and before I could replace it the rolo cracked the screen. Once it was replaced the glass protector was kinda useless as it would have these air bubbles.

Currently the phone is back at the istore, my previous iPhone battery blew up ! So I'm using the previous previous iPhone. Yesterday I dropped it and the back glass cracked!

Another bonus of the tempered glass is that is about 1mm thick so it doesn't bend like most plastic screen protectors and it leaves no bubble. Think of it as laying a piece of cling wrap vs a piece of cardboard.

I use a UAG cover (urban assault gear) and even though it bulks things up a bit, I believe they are military drop test grade.

Not that we know what that means but I can vouch for them being decent protectors as my phone has been dropped, thrown and even gone bouncing down 2 flights if stairs with no visible damage.

I also have one on my ipad which my son threw down the stairs and the ipad is still tip top!

Your iPhone battery vented on you?! Well then I guess you have proven that mods are safer than phones. Sheeez. Hope you did not get hurt when this happened!!!

Your iPhone battery vented on you?! Well then I guess you have proven that mods are safer than phones. Sheeez. Hope you did not get hurt when this happened!!!

The battery expanded and the case split open from the inside out. Not much of an explosion but I'm guessing it was because it wasn't on charge.

The battery expanded and the case split open from the inside out. Not much of an explosion but I'm guessing it was because it wasn't on charge.
I have seen pics of that on the web. It is what scares me with the mods that have LiPo built-in. Good to know it wasn't too serious mate.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Update:

With the Fishbone RDA, you get two glass tubes. So I bought another Fishbone just so that I can replace the other glass. Now I have two Fishbone drippers in my rotation, each running on a SMPL mod. It was really worth it as personally, I thing the Fishbone is a fantastic, simple RDA. However, I also have each glass tube covered with two of those plastic protector rings, you know the ones with the little vape related sayings on? I have resolved to be more careful with these two units now.

Back