Update to the SAPO strike (Important Warning)

Well this was a waste of time,
L53xIBH.jpg

Days later,
iXw8Obd.jpg

Result,
Godzilla-facepalm.png

Finally! Movement! Or at least receipt of parcel!

Destination Country - Tracking Consuming: 37877 ms
2014-11-22 07:53 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), Incomming International
Origin Country - Tracking Consuming: 1139 ms
2014-09-13 18:43 Despatched to overseas (Country code: ZA)
2014-09-10 03:19 Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)

Finally! Movement! Or at least receipt of parcel!

Destination Country - Tracking Consuming: 37877 ms
2014-11-22 07:53 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), Incomming International
Origin Country - Tracking Consuming: 1139 ms
2014-09-13 18:43 Despatched to overseas (Country code: ZA)
2014-09-10 03:19 Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)

JHB INT is the bottomless pit, i have some stuff there for almost a month now

2014/10/29 11:28 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

JHB INT is the bottomless pit, i have some stuff there for almost a month now

2014/10/29 11:28 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

Yeah I know what you mean, but at least I know the parcel is in Jhb. Before today, it was still departed from Singapore!

My package finally arrived today. The tracking status had not been updated in about a week, but I went to the post office anyways and...there it was, 2 month old vape mail :rock:

well , no joy my side still , JHB Int not answering phones , two packages since beginning Sept at JHB Int ....

Update:

Operations in Gauteng, Polokwane and Witbank are much better with Tshwane Mail and Witspos fully functional. This is important because they are the main sorting centres in Gauteng.

The Johannesburg International Mail Centre has 100% employee attendance today. We have also hired extra people to speed up the assessment of incoming parcels for customs duty – this has been a bad bottleneck. Other mail centres are helping to process international mail items and the backlog is much better.

More employees are returning to work. Absenteeism today was only 52% of the figure on Friday. Procedures to dismiss striking workers will begin tomorrow on employees who did not return to work today, 24 November.

15 post offices are still closed for repairs after severe damage by striking workers. They are all in the Johannesburg area.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/SouthAfricanPostOffice

My parcel left on the 28th September - judging by some of the parcels now showing movement, I might still see mine this year

"Absenteeism today was only 52% of the figure on Friday." - LOL that's %50 of your workforce , wow only hey .... I am amazed at Africa's optimism ....

Yeah just read that post, if it is to be believed this is the best news in months. I have a few items in my Fast(mule)tech cart and might just push the magic button :p

"Absenteeism today was only 52% of the figure on Friday." - LOL that's %50 of your workforce , wow only hey .... I am amazed at Africa's optimism ....

Think they're saying that it was half of the people who were absent on Friday, not that 52% of all their staff were absent :) I hope anyway...

Think they're saying that it was half of the people who were absent on Friday, not that 52% of all their staff were absent :) I hope anyway...

...ja very vague statement actually what was the figure on Friday ??? Anyway we know at best they running at 50% even at full capacity :p

Spoke to the dude at Cape Mail today. 2 of the 3 unions had accepted the wage offer. The 3rd one is holding out for 7.5%. They have apparently issued a warning that they would face the sack if they don't return to work.

Still no update on my EMS parcel, yesterday was it's one month anniversary :party:

Just checked my parcels after ignoring them for 2 months and 2 of them are confirmed being at JIMC today. Might still be a wait but nice to know where they are after being in transit since 22nd August

Still no update on my EMS parcel, yesterday was it's one month anniversary :party:

That's sad, considering what you paid for it, and it normally takes a week.
The backlog is so much now, it's all a mess,...if they work overtime on weekends, they would eventually clear the backlog - eventually. But will new incoming EMS parcels go to the front of the queue? Will the typical 3 weeks for ordinary airmail and USPS Priority now change to being 4 weeks?
i just can't see how they're going to sort it all out.
It reminds me that SAPO and ESKOM and so on used to be designated "key services" (or some term like that.)

Back