Update to the SAPO strike (Important Warning)

That's sad, considering what you paid for it, and it normally takes a week.
The backlog is so much now, it's all a mess,...if they work overtime on weekends, they would eventually clear the backlog - eventually. But will new incoming EMS parcels go to the front of the queue? Will the typical 3 weeks for ordinary airmail and USPS Priority now change to being 4 weeks?
i just can't see how they're going to sort it all out.
It reminds me that SAPO and ESKOM and so on used to be designated "key services" (or some term like that.)

Yup, I'm really quite pissed off, paid for the 'best' service but still waiting. The only way they have any hopes to clear this backlog is to have 200-300% the normal amount of staff active till the backlog is cleared, I doubt it's a very complicated job, can't be too hard to find temps.

Hazza, so maybe some day next year they will clear the backlog and EMS packages will not take 1 month anymore.

The priority mail package which updated on 14 November, said it is in Cape Town, zero update since then. Tried calling SAPO they just say wait, at which point I'm like I'VE WAITED TWO :censored: MONTHS!

my packages are MIA since beginning of september :(

Guys, does the below mean it's on it's way to Cape Mail Hub? Or is it just floating around in Jhb..

2014-11-27 14:20 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), In transit
2014-11-22 07:53 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), Incomming International

Guys, does the below mean it's on it's way to Cape Mail Hub? Or is it just floating around in Jhb..

Could mean 1 of 2 things, either its going through custom checks or it is on its way to capemail hub
Most likely it is on its way to capemail hub

Could mean 1 of 2 things, either its going through custom checks or it is on its way to capemail hub
Most likely it is on its way to capemail hub

The very first notification I received when it scanned, it was at customs... Then that info disappeared and just the above info is available.

i still cannot get the local tracking numbers for my parcels :tmi:

This could be anything. This is my status of one of my orders. Still waiting

Scan Type Branch Info Trace Info Date Time Branch Comments

In transit 2014/09/16 08:57 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)
To Customs 2014/09/12 08:38 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)
Incomming International 2014/09/12 08:37 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)
From Customs 2014/09/12 06:37 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

:tmi: Ai ya... gotta just hope for the best..

i still cannot get the local tracking numbers for my parcels :tmi:

Hopefully you will soon. I waited over 2 months for anything, then all of a sudden, getting quite a few updates in a matter of days..

Looks like this is being held, call them with your tracking number and ask if you can collect from hub.

So did my daily check on my package and I get this strange update, I called USPS about 2 weeks ago and they told me the package left the country long ago and was prolly in SA customs.USPS pulling SAPO tricks or is this SAPO sorcery:eek:

3NgNwAK.jpg

Last edited:
just saw that one of my parcels is slated aas 'incoming'!!! movement at last! since 9 of September been MIA

Oh yeah!

2014-12-02 08:27 CAPEMAIL (HUB), In transit

Whoop whoop my parcel is finally here. Nom nom

meh , still waiting for my two .... Jhb Int Customs do not answer their phones also it seems ...

Sigh was just on the phone with DURMAIL. They say that update shows that it is now in JHB and they are clearing a backlog of 15k EMS parcels and it will take +- 3 weeks for all parcels to be cleared :sweating:;(;(

I have been waiting for almost 3 months for some of the bits & pieces I've ordered from overseas (mostly hobby parts and some LED lights) and my EVOD starter kit that I ordered on the 18th Aug only arrived on 20th Nov. Unfortunately there very little you can do but wait and hope!! The Pro's & Cons of living in a beautiful, but mostly 3rd world country LOL

Back