VapeClub - Whiteout by Cloudmaker Tech- Who wants one?

ah ok , so in your opinion for first time temp control buyer ? SX is tried and tested , DNA is upgradeable etc ?

You most certainly not be disappointed with the SX board. Its another reason that i will opt for the DNA 200, because i already have the SX. You could always start off with the SX and then buy the Dna 200 at a later stage and install it into your mod.

I guess thats the beauty of the cloudmaker :D

You most certainly not be disappointed with the SX board. Its another reason that i will opt for the DNA 200, because i already have the SX. You could always start off with the SX and then buy the Dna 200 at a later stage and install it into your mod.

I guess thats the beauty of the cloudmaker :D
I am not so sure about the lipo batteries, think shall go with the tried and tested SX for the start.Takes 2 x 18650 batteries, in parallel I presume?

I am not so sure about the lipo batteries, think shall go with the tried and tested SX for the start.Takes 2 x 18650 batteries, in parallel I presume?

I am also having my doubts about the lipo battery. I am sure the device could run dual 18650's at the cost of limiting it to 150w which i have no issue with at all. Im sure very few people vape at 200W.

SX setup is definitely the safest bet.

All the high wattage devices (100w and more) use dual batteries in series.

Think I'll be holding out for the BF upgrade with temp sensing board absolute the best of all worlds

Thats the beauty of it. You buy the mod, and later buy the BF kit and install it.

I did not even know bf was on the cards. Thanks. Looking better and better.

Yup. When they were on the plumes of hazard, ep 71 I believe, They said a BF mod will be one of the things they work on after release.

If I were looking for a new monster mod I would lean towards the DNA200 version.

Ok, we are almost set to go. BTW the DNA version runs a 1000mAh 3S 11.1V LiPo pack which I guess makes sense for 200W devices. That's three batteries in series ..

Ok, we are almost set to go. BTW the DNA version runs a 1000mAh 3S 11.1V LiPo pack which I guess makes sense for 200W devices. That's three batteries in series ..

@JakesSA , is that 1000 mah in total or 1000 mah per cell?

@JakesSA - dumb question : Is there any way the DNA 200 variant could run dual 18650's? Im just thinking from a long term perspective if the LIPO stops working and they're not easily available.

The thing to watch out for is it's 1000mAH @ 11-12V, so vaping between 3.7-5V etc it will probably last a bit longer than a dual 18650 setup. So I've heard anyway :)

I would assume in total "and" for each cell.

The reason for my assumption:
In series you increase the voltage but the current capacity stays the same. In parallel the voltage will stay the same but your current capacity will increase. Seeing they state 3's lipo its normally the capacity of the pack (from my RC flying days).

@Dirge I would agree with you on that

Last edited:
The thing to watch out for is it's 1000mAH @ 11-12V, so vaping between 3.7-5V etc it will probably last a bit longer than a dual 18650 setup. So I've heard anyway :)
I would assume in total "and" for each cell.

The reason for my assumption:
In series you increase the voltage but the current capacity stays the same. In parallel the voltage will stay the same but your current capacity will increase. Seeing they state 3's lipo its normally the capacity of the pack (from my RC flying days).

@Dirge I would agree with you on that
Unless you are able to connect the 18650s in parallel? Wonder if their modularity will allow for that.

Unless you are able to connect the 18650s in parallel? Wonder if their modularity will allow for that.

I don't think so, only thing I heard was that they would increase it to 1300mAH at some stage. But these are different batteries and from what I've seen and heard will generally last as long or longer than what we're use to. The Evic VT has a 3 cell LiPo pack, I'm almost 100% sure, and if you calculate it correctly it works out to 5000mAH roughly, but they only have 900mAH cells or something like that. Don't take my word for it :)

Think you need to be more concerned with Watt-Hours than mAH with the LiPo's

Keep in mind that the batteries for the LiPo pack is only 1000Mah but 11.something volts. With the battery voltage being higher the current draw is less and 'power consumption' thus also less on the battery.

Keep in mind that the batteries for the LiPo pack is only 1000Mah but 11.something volts. With the battery voltage being higher the current draw is less and 'power consumption' thus also less on the battery.
We need a treatise for Dummies on the difference in batts between the DNA and YiHi!

Back