Vaper's Onion Tongue Cure?

Rude Rudi

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
So, does anyone else experience a vaper's-tongue-like-effect after eating raw onion?

As I am a Banter (not the jump-on-the-bandwagon type - I've been Banting for just on 5 years) most lunches at work will be a salad with a meat of sorts. Every time I have raw onion in a meal, ie salad, my vape tastes terrible for about an hour... Thereafter, all goes back to normal and happy days - until I have onion! It is like the vape has a muted, flavourless taste with a bit of an onion after-taste!

Does anyone have the same "problem" and if so, have you found a "cure"? (not eating raw onion is not a cure, smart-ass!)

tongue-strawberry.jpeg

(not eating raw onion is not a cure, smart-ass!)

View attachment 74142

Have you tried not eating a onion? :-D

That happens to me also and also with Garlic it happens .
I think the taste is just so strong it sticks on your taste buds.
Ive tried a few things but only waiting it out seems to work.
Even took a shot of whisky and played around with it on my tongue but didnt work either.

Have you tried not eating a onion? :-D

That happens to me also and also with Garlic it happens .
I think the taste is just so strong it sticks on your taste buds.
Ive tried a few things but only waiting it out seems to work.
Even took a shot of whisky and played around with it on my tongue but didnt work either.
2 or more shots of whisky does it for me:p.

So, does anyone else experience a vaper's-tongue-like-effect after eating raw onion?

As I am a Banter (not the jump-on-the-bandwagon type - I've been Banting for just on 5 years) most lunches at work will be a salad with a meat of sorts. Every time I have raw onion in a meal, ie salad, my vape tastes terrible for about an hour... Thereafter, all goes back to normal and happy days - until I have onion! It is like the vape has a muted, flavourless taste with a bit of an onion after-taste!

Does anyone have the same "problem" and if so, have you found a "cure"? (not eating raw onion is not a cure, smart-ass!)

View attachment 74142

Have you tried lightly pickling your onion (Vinegar/salt/pepper and xylitol) Just 10 minutes and it kills that intense onion.

I'm so glad I've never had vaper's onion tongue :p

I do the whiskey or the lemon to reset the taste buds. Both work for me although the whiskey is more fun.

Back