Vaping and fitness

Jengz

Hier Kom a ding!
LV

Awards
Sup vapers of the world,

So today I completed my first 10km run since I’m off the stinkies. I have gained a lot of weight since my last race and didn’t have enough time to prepare for this one.

Just a bit of background, I use to participate in the 2 ocean half marathon, did the Vaal marathon, a few other half marathons and use to train quite often.

For all those who run you should know that at some point in the race your heart rate stabilizes, breathing becomes less hasty and you find an easy rhythm. While on the stinkies it use to kick in about 7-9 JMS into a race and the first 7-9 kms were my the worst.

This being my only race I can compare to the past, I’ve noticed that I reached this point of equilibrium significantly faster and even though I gained a whopping 30kgs since my last race I did not struggle during the first few kms as much as I use to.

I can’t say that vaping is good for you but it sure as hell does not have the impact on your body as smokes do. Yes my legs are killing me but my breathing etc was a lot easier despite my heavy weight I was lugging around.

I am so motivated to get back into running and drop this excess person I’ve gained and wish that I can compare my times of next years 2 oceans half marathon to what I’ve done in the past.

Just my take on how vaping has helped me

Last edited:
What I've found is that I've cut down on my sugar intake since I started vaping, whenever I feel for something sweet I just grab my mod and I'm good.

What I've found is that I've cut down on my sugar intake since I started vaping, whenever I feel for something sweet I just grab my mod and I'm good.
I need to do the same but the problem is that I married a pastry! Life is good but yoh it’s hard to lose weight like this

I need to do the same but the problem is that I married a pastry! Life is good but yoh it’s hard to lose weight like this
Oh I know the feeling, my girlfriend is currently in her final year of culinary school and twice a week she comes home with a box of goodies.

Sup vapers of the world,

So today I completed my first 10km run since I’m off the stinkies. I have gained a lot of weight since my last race and didn’t have enough time to prepare for this one.

Just a bit of background, I use to participate in the 2 ocean half marathon, did the Vaal marathon, a few other half marathons and use to train quite often.

For all those who run you should know that at some point in the race your heart rate stabilizes, breathing becomes less hasty and you find an easy rhythm. While on the stinkies it use to kick in about 7-9 JMS into a race and the first 7-9 kms were my the worst.

This being my only race I can compare to the past, I’ve noticed that I reached this point of equilibrium significantly faster and even though I gained a whopping 30kgs since my last race I did not struggle during the first few kms as much as I use to.

I can’t say that vaping is good for you but it sure as hell does not have the impact on your body as smokes do. Yes my legs are killing me but my breathing etc was a lot easier despite my heavy weight I was lugging around.

I am so motivated to get back into running and drop this excess person I’ve gained and wish that I can compare my times of next years 2 oceans half marathon to what I’ve done in the past.

Congrats @Jengz
Great to hear
All the best for your next race and may you be successful in shedding the excess kilos
Vaping for the win! (Versus smoking, that is)

I also use to smoke stinkies for almost 10 years and decided to quit and start vaping..vaping for around 2 to 3 years and my oh my have i seen a huge difference in my health..i dnt get sick as often as i used to..my chest doesnt burn when i play soccer..my breathing and my fitness is soo much better. Breath doesnt stink...my best friend use to say im mad whenever i met him and always had a different setup..about 3 months ago he msgd and told me he wants to start vaping..so took him to a vape shop, got him a mod and borrowed him a tank..he started out with 3mg nic and suprisingly from then till now..his already on 0mg and he also says he notices a huge difference in his breathing ect sinve he started vaping...he doesnt smoke anymore but still vapes...

Sup vapers of the world,

Hi brother
If you need any help to burn some of that weight off let me know a friend of mine shared me a link in Feb and within 2 months dropped 10kg and i didnt have to starve myself.

Its a training and diet program but you get a video a day for 8 weeks which really helps motivate you.

As the old saying
But what you put in , is what you get out.

Well done @Jengz! I commend your efforts and definitely agree that vaping (although not healthy) is much better than smoking in this regard.
I find that vaping has little to no effect on my breathing and lung capacity. I managed to hit my running goals this year whilst vaping up a storm.

Which pastry did you marry?
A Punschkrapfen perhaps?
Punschkrapfen.jpg

:p lol

I play soccer twice a week and train every other day of the week. I'm an athlete... well currently recovering from a broken collar bone and laziness (that's a sickness too). Vaping has made this task a whole lot easier for me. I wake up feeling fresher, I longer smell like an ash tray... I taste food better and I dont have that nasty morning phlegm cough anymore

Well done @Jengz! I commend your efforts and definitely agree that vaping (although not healthy) is much better than smoking in this regard.
I find that vaping has little to no effect on my breathing and lung capacity. I managed to hit my running goals this year whilst vaping up a storm.

Which pastry did you marry?
A Punschkrapfen perhaps?
Punschkrapfen.jpg

:p lol
Aaaaahahahahaha I only seen this now! A pastry CHEF! But now why must you send pics when a man is dieting! Harsh

Hi brother
If you need any help to burn some of that weight off let me know a friend of mine shared me a link in Feb and within 2 months dropped 10kg and i didnt have to starve myself.

Its a training and diet program but you get a video a day for 8 weeks which really helps motivate you.

As the old saying
But what you put in , is what you get out.
Thanks for this! Can you pm me details... I’m actually a man who lacks self control some of the time, that’s why when I smoked stinkies i could not control myself, I tend to do that with food also.

My weight yo-yos up and down on average 30kgs up a year and 30 kgs down. That was due to the fact that yearly I tried quitting the smokes hence the enormous weight gains.

I’ve lost 3.7kgs this week! I’ve made up my own diets over the years which work for my body, so hoping that now with this training schedule and diet alongside the fact that stinkies is no longer an option, I drop the weight and maintain it.

Additional help is always welcome though so details would be appreciated thanks

I'm as close to marrying Simply Cannoli as a man can get. I'm 6'3" and weigh 70kg so dieting isn't really top of my priorities. I get plenty of exercise running around in the shower to get wet.

Thanks for this! Can you pm me details... I’m actually a man who lacks self control some of the time, that’s why when I smoked stinkies i could not control myself, I tend to do that with food also.

My weight yo-yos up and down on average 30kgs up a year and 30 kgs down. That was due to the fact that yearly I tried quitting the smokes hence the enormous weight gains.

I’ve lost 3.7kgs this week! I’ve made up my own diets over the years which work for my body, so hoping that now with this training schedule and diet alongside the fact that stinkies is no longer an option, I drop the weight and maintain it.

Additional help is always welcome though so details would be appreciated thanks

The main with thing weight is burning more calaries that what you consume.Also the most important factor is your diet..80% of your weight loss journey is about DIET DIET DIET...Stay away from artificial sugars..rice..patatoe..crisp..biscuits ect..eat more fruit and veggies..also try and get urself a good whey protien if you intend on hitting the gym with a good cardio workout plan..i lost 15kgs in just over 2 months...im no expert and my advice might not be that appealing but all i can say is it takes discipline and consistency...you see results...good luck bro

The main with thing weight is burning more calaries that what you consume.Also the most important factor is your diet..80% of your weight loss journey is about DIET DIET DIET...Stay away from artificial sugars..rice..patatoe..crisp..biscuits ect..eat more fruit and veggies..also try and get urself a good whey protien if you intend on hitting the gym with a good cardio workout plan..i lost 15kgs in just over 2 months...im no expert and my advice might not be that appealing but all i can say is it takes discipline and consistency...you see results...good luck bro
Thanks bro, ya in the past I trained quite consistently, I generally use Optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein, but with vaping the budget will not be able to afford such.

Gonna work on my eating habits till I drop about 10 then get into sweight training again, cardio is going good so far, will keep the progress updated, and send some motivational pics if there’s any other capers wanting to join me on this transformation

I'm as close to marrying Simply Cannoli as a man can get. I'm 6'3" and weigh 70kg so dieting isn't really top of my priorities. I get plenty of exercise running around in the shower to get wet.
What is this simply cannoli u speak of?

I tasted this when @Tanja made it ... a definite winner!
It is on my list for the next mixing session :D
Ooohhhh yes... that was very nice! Still in the steeping cupboard though...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The longer you leave it, the better it gets. I had some at four months once. Next level juice.

The longer you leave it, the better it gets. I had some at four months once. Next level juice.
I doubt I will be able to wait that long... will give it a month...

You're thinking about it the wrong way ... oh yes! I only need 4 of those concentrates! :D haha
Haha not when you already deciding what to drop for this months purchase because you are over budget

Haha not when you already deciding what to drop for this months purchase because you are over budget
Hahaha... the struggle is real!

Back