Velocity RDA- Horizontal or Vertical

HalfLifeZA

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I saw a picture of a vertical coil build on a Velocity and just wanted to know if that is any better than a horizontal one?
I'd be concerned that only 1 side of the wick is in the juice, but it does look like an easier way to do the coils.

Can anyone clarify the better way please?

I prefer them vertical on the Velocity.

And there's no problems with only one side of the cotton in the juice. It wicks properly. I have both my rda' that way. With my Derringer the coils are at 45 degrees, so also only the bottom of the wick lying on the deck. Works a charm

Check. The deck is now completely dry, but the remaining juice is all wicked up properly...
cc13fe8b26d96f9be598e2d9bb7588a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not before.

I pinch the tip to push the cotton through till I can grab it with a tweezer. Then I pull it out the side of the atty, so I can pull it completely through and trim the pinched part off and push the wick back in the atty.

I use 24 guage Kanthal though, so you can be a bit rough with it. It's so thick it doesn't move.

So if you're using thinner wire, just be gentle

I concur with everything @r0gue z0mbie has said here. I also build dual 24g vertical coils on my Velocity and there's no spitback and a far better vaping experience in my opinion

I prefer them vertical on the Velocity.

And there's no problems with only one side of the cotton in the juice. It wicks properly. I have both my rda' that way. With my Derringer the coils are at 45 degrees, so also only the bottom of the wick lying on the deck. Works a charm

Did you cut the top wick or bend it over the other side ?

Did you cut the top wick or bend it over the other side ?
I've done the loop through so its only 1 piece of cotton. Honest opinion is it doesn't make a difference in the velocity

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I've done the loop through so its only 1 piece of cotton. Honest opinion is it doesn't make a difference in the velocity

You mean like from 1 coil into the other ?

Man I've only ever seen it done with the cotton wrapped around the coils, so that's the reason I never tried it.
Oh I see what ur saying, kinda like the Kangertech Vertical OCC coils?

Im not sure exactly how you would achieve that but it might work nicely

I tried the vertical build last night and its cool, but I find the vapour way too hot.
I have a feeling I under-wicked. Should I be using a lot of cotton? I want to get the verticals working coz they look cool:)

I tried the vertical build last night and its cool, but I find the vapour way too hot.
I have a feeling I under-wicked. Should I be using a lot of cotton? I want to get the verticals working coz they look cool:)
Yes get that cotton through the coils nice and tight

Now I have to try as well, looks easy enough other than the wicking. But practice makes perfect I guess ;p

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Also, push the coils closer to the airholes, than it is to the posts.

I was finding the throat-hit was too much with the coils closer to the posts. So possibly, it could help with the temp. of the vapour. I think.

Back