What are your plans?

What are your plans for this holiday season?

• Staying home

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Going away

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Working

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Anthea's family from Canada, UK and Ireland are descending on Durbs for my niece's wedding in Umhlanga (the niece from Ireland) so we are staying put this Xmas!
Xmas 011.JPG

Am staying put this Xmas
Hoping to have some relax and chill time

Interesting that so few people are going away!

And for the women out there whose husbands will be on leave, here's some advice:

Shopping with your husband.jpg

Last edited:
I have to work, but the office is going to be dead

I plan to use the time to do some proper pit stopping, right on my desk, between naps

Week 1 - sort out the house
Week 2 - Spend time visiting family
Week 3 - FISHING !!!! - New years next to the water is always a great time

Which city @Darius1332? I envy all the delicious food you'll be eating!

Going to Beijing for a few days and then rest of the time in Tianjin where her family lives. I am very much looking forward to the food, their cooking style is completely different and even familiar things taste very different.

Going to Beijing for a few days and then rest of the time in Tianjin where her family lives. I am very much looking forward to the food, their cooking style is completely different and even familiar things taste very different.

@Darius1332 Yep nothing to beat the real Chinese food. I lived in a few different places in China (neither Beijing nor Tianjin though) and the food is what I miss the most!!

Sadly I am working, except for Public Holidays and I have a few days off from the 31st of December and back on the 7th of January.

I have to work, but the office is going to be dead

I plan to use the time to do some proper pit stopping, right on my desk, between naps
It’s always a bonus when work becomes useful for a change

Last day of work for the year was on Friday. :eusa_dance: I was at the coast last month for a week, something about the sea air and the sound of the ocean really just takes any and all stress away! Wish I lived there!

I won’t be going away this December, just going to enjoy a much quieter Joburg and appreciate having some down time.

For those of you that are going away, be safe and have a wonderful time!

We normally only go on holiday from about the1st Jan to miss most of the rush. Booked again for that time a boat house through Airbnb, fully paid months ago. So on the 12th dec we get email sorry there is problem you cant come anymore, we will pay back your money, and to make it even more amazing Airbnb will give us a whopping R250 extra if we book something else.
So yes just sitting at home, worked Sat and Monday, and will probably do some work thursday and friday to.

WoW if I could afford it I would shack up with Rob and Choo , buy them beers and pizza till I understood the diff between dl, mtl and just sucking the hell out of a fun strawb ice cream .. a dream holiday ...

Back