Whats A Good Multimeter To Buy?

Perfect! That sounds perfect for me! I have just emailed them because I can't register unless I'm in the USA! :-(

Thanks Johan!

If you don't come right then just be patient, I can do an accurate ohm meter where you use your battery voltmeter (MDS Collivery hasn't collect yours yet BTW) as display :giggle:.

If you don't come right then just be patient, I can do an accurate ohm meter where you use your battery voltmeter (MDS Collivery hasn't collect yours yet BTW) as display :giggle:.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :rock:

Oh and is it too late to get one of those voltmeters? Seeing that u say i might need it as a display for the ohm meter

@johan if u do get in the ohm meters plees put me on the list thanx

I'm not getting in any Ω-meters Wazeer, just in case Rob doesn't come right with the USA manufacturer, I will make an adapter to be used with the existing voltmeter for use as an accurate Ω-meter.

I'm not getting in any Ω-meters Wazeer, just in case Rob doesn't come right with the USA manufacturer, I will make an adapter to be used with the existing voltmeter for use as an accurate Ω-meter.

He will only ship to SA on Qty's of 50. :eek: :-(

I will see if I can get a mate to order me one and send it out to me.

Ooooh k.... so if u do make the adapter what would it cost with the voltmeter?

Ooooh k.... so if u do make the adapter what would it cost with the voltmeter?

No idea, haven't sit down with calculations, component costing etc. but should be less than R70. The battery voltmeter worked out a couple of cents below R50 (although that was a friendly at cost without any profit). I guess and don't hold me to it, but something complete will work out round the R150 mark. PS. It can unfortunately not happen within the next month as I'm snowed under with other non-vape related design projects.

How to measure voltage drop of your mech with the battery voltmeter (obviously the lower the voltage drop, the harder your mech will "hit"):

Step 1: Measure your battery voltage after a full recharge (ie. 4.15V for illustration purposes only)

BattVM01.png

Step 2: Place battery in mech and connect RDA/RTA with coil & wick on mech. Moisten your wick with e-liquid. Connect battery voltmeter to the coil posts and press firing button (ie. 3.95V for illustration purposes only)

BattVM02.png

Step 3: Deduct the reading in Step 2 from the reading in Step 1; 4.15V - 3.95V = 0.2V, thus the voltage drop of the mech is 0.2V (or 200mV).

Note: The quality of battery as well as the resistance of the coil will have an influence on accuracy, e.g: a very low Ω coil and/or bad quality battery will give false readings and accordingly indicate a huge voltage drop.

Forgot to mention; if you accidentally connect the probes wrong (red on negative & black on positive) nothing will happen to the battery voltmeter and just won't display - it has built in protection against reverse polarity.

Dankie Ohm

ysyha6us.jpg

Thank you @johan, got my meter today and it works perfectly

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Thank you so much @johan

Got the multimeter yesterday evening and man it works like a treat.

Very happy chappy here.

received mine also last night, thanks Ω

Waiting for someone to do some good photos so i can be more envious. :)

does your guys' hickey also flash intermittently once it gives the reading?

Back