Why Do You Vape?

rampokker

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
I know it might sound like a weird question on a forum dedicated to vaping but I was just wondering about this and thought why not ask the question. Sorry if there is another one of these polls already, I did a search but could not find any.
When I started vaping a little more than a month ago my reason for doing it was to quit smoking, and I told myself I would smoke electronic cigarettes and once Im of the normal cigs I will start vaping lower nicotine content e juice until I smoke 0 % and then I might just as well stop with the electronic cigarettes. Ha ha, man was I mistaken, if I look at the amount of juices and hardware I bought over the last month I am clearly not intending to stop doing this any time soon, I’ve got a MVP 2, Mini Protank 3, Aerotank, 2 x Iclear 16D’s, about 20 ml of VM4 juice, 3 bottles of juice from vapeking (the vanilla bbm is to die for) about 200ml of PG/VG base with some flavours and a whole array of flavoured juices, I’m not trying to brag about my collection, I’m sure I have a starter collection compared to some of the pro’s out there, I’m just trying to prove my point that if I told myself I will stop vaping once I’ve used all this up I still have at least 2 months’ supply left (btw I am waiting for more hardware that I ordered from fasttech)
Please don’t misunderstand me, this is not an attack on vaping and I’m not trying to convince anyone to stop vaping I was just interested in how many of you guys and gals was under the impression they would only do it for a while to break the smoking habit or whatever. And lets not make it a debate about it being better for you than smoking cigarettes or whatever. I think we will only know in a couple of years’ time if vaping was actually a good idea or not, but for now I feel better and smell better and I don’t have to go stand outside in the cold to get my fix.
Sorry for the long post

we were all in that same position @rampokker - start vaping to stop smoking

now that we stopped smoking and realized awesome vaping is, why would we want to stop doing it ? :D

and at the rate mods and juices are developing, im glad i not a smoker any more- otherwise id be missing out on all the fun.

It turned into more of a hobbie and because most of us are ex smokers we got all our taste and smell back. So now that we can actually taste something we want more of it.

I am 3months off the stinkies. And I can go a day without vaping. But its like sweeties without the fat included. If you want something sweet you vape vanilla, if you want something fruity you can vape most of the fruits out there.

Had a drag of a stinkie this morning and wanted to puke

I love smoking, I did when I was still on stinkies and I still do today while vaping.

I started out vaping because I hated the way my chest was feeling from normal cigarettes and wanted an alternative (other than hubbly) that would allow me to keep on with this habit without killing myself.

Tried vaping for the first time on an evod, liked the feel (as we all know it's close and if not more satisfiying than a stinky) and taste (Obvious plus there).
And presto, an instant vaper was born:dance:

I started vaping cause I thought I might as well give it a try as I have tried everything else to no effect. And to my utmost surprise it not only got me off the stinkies, but it was as easy as pie. Have halved my nic strength since I started and shall go down more.
Still vape for I think I shall go back to stinkies if I cannot.

Nice thread

I started vaping to see if I could cut down my 20-25 a day smoking habit
Within 9 days I had stopped stinkies altogether - and as @Andre mentioned above, it was not difficult - it just happened.
So mission accomplished. Over accomplished actually ;-) I really didnt think I would stop stinkies. I thought it would take months and lots of effort.

I didn't have a mission beyond that, so now I am vaping and enjoying it.

Will set another mission at some point... perhaps to drop nic content

A friend and I was discussing this late one night, you know how those nights go, the whole vaping, smoking, quitting smoking thing. And the conclusion we came up with was that vaping is the evolution of the nicotine addiction. Cigarettes tastes bad, smell bad, are expensive, you can’t do it in public, you feel guilty and whatever else, we’ve all tried quitting so most of us has a list as long as your arm about why it’s a bad idea. With vaping on the other hand Darren :) there is none of that, except for maybe not knowing the long term effects.

:smoke: I started smoking when i was 18, my old man and older brother are also heavy smokers so it was kinda 'natural' for me to become a heavy smoker too. when i was 25 i was smoking 2 packs a day till the age of the 32yrs. I always wanted to stop due to the cash being spent on killing myself slowly but knew i enjoyed smoking so much and couldn't build the will power to stop or slow down (it was just too convenient for me).
Then a friend, scratch that, an awesome being, let me in on how he stopped smoking using a vape pen. its been almost 3weeks and havent touched a stinky since :rock: I am done with smoking! i still have 3 sealed packs of luckies that sit above my work area, its time they too get sold for some ejuice hahahahaha

(ps - and all this 'Winning' on a Ego-CE4 starter kit and fake ass Liqua juices!o_O Now imagine i get my hands on a proper setup muhahahaha) :dance::rock:

Stay awesome peeps:);)8--)

I vape because I have no willpower....

Seriously though. I had been looking into it for a while because of the whole harm reduction / cost benefit thing. I wanted to quit analogues not the nicotine. I like nicotine.

What sold me was sitting at a local pub chatting with a 68 year old man who was vaping. After a 50 year, up to 30 a day habit, he had switched completely in a matter of two weeks. He was totally stoked that after ten days, he had feeling in his legs again and a month after that he could climb the stairs in his garden without being out of breath.
In my personal experience after two months, my morning cough disappeared. I most definitely have a sense of smell again and I can paddle to back-line without being as winded as before. It will be interesting to see my lung function results when I go for my diving medical in November.

The cost benefit has been a lie so far but I am working on that ;)

My end game is zero nic. however I have just switched from 18mg to 12mg and get edgy at times. So it may be a long road. I'm in no hurry.

I started vaping because my doctor refused to prescribe me chronic asthma meds until I stopped smoking, now i dont need them.
also because of a promise I made to my gran, who after years of begging me to stop, died struggling for air on a respirator.

I was sitting in a never-ending finance meeting, dying for a smoke....when suddenly the MD pulled something out of his pocket, took a nice long puff and casually slipped it back into his pocket...I was mesmerized!... that evening I google'd this whole mysterious "electronic sigarette" issue and wha-la ! I was totally in awe! 2 Days later I purchased my first Twisp and was also convinced that this will be the way to quit smoking (once again...) But alas, I am totally hooked ! I have spent close to R2k on more equipment, juices etc etc in the last 2 months...waiting for my Vision Spinner to be delivered tomorrow :p I was stunned when I discovered how many vapers there are out there....and I have converted quite a few smokers at work !!

I vape because it tastes so dddddaaaammmmn good!!! Didn't do it to quit stinkies but it has converted me. I want to also thank this forum for taking my vaping to the next level.

Oh and breaking my bank balance stukkend!!

Thank god for credit

I want to also thank this forum for taking my vaping to the next level.
Truer words have never been spoken,this forum is 50% the reason i stopped smoking,ecigs helped,but the support and general amazing spirit of the forum carried me through,not to mention the extra tapatalk entry keeping my fingers busy when i would have normally been smoking

This might sound like a silly reason, and probably not as nobel as "my health" or "to quit":
but I had air-cons installed;
Which presented an issue that I quickly got tired of having to choose between keeping in the warmth or opening windows to let smoke out
(and turning the AC off to spare stinking up the filters)
... or the even more absurd: going outside every 20min for a smoke.

Now my house smells like candy, which I can live with. And dimming the down lights make awesome beams through the clouds that gives it a great club atmosphere. :dance:

Like most i am vaping to try stop smoking, its a health thing. I hate a congested chest and all that phlem. SIES!

It was time to replace my hubbly for a fresh one and the tobacco I used to smoke became more and more difficult to get. Could not find more flavours I could smoke so I decided to smoke what I have left and stop all together. Then @ZortEd started vaping and it all went downhill from there :p

sent from my telegraph machine using Tapalalk stop

I vape because I like a flavour... Weird I know. I thought vape is doff before I got into it. Now it's a addiction. Better mod better juice better coil build.
Added bonus is stinkies taste terrible now so vape on vape on

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I will revisit this one

I vape primarily to stay off stinkies
But now I am enjoying the juice journey so flavours are making it fun
And the whole thing combined with this forum is an amazing experience

I started by lying to my wife saying it will take me off the stinkies completely. Little did I know it wasn't a lie. Within two days I gave all my remaining stinkies away and haven't touched one ever since.
Flavours are awesome, clouds are awesome and ecigssa is freaken awesome... so VAPE ON!!:rock:

I was lucky enough to have a good friend over for coffee who gave me a "drag" on his "eGo". And the next day together with my older son, went in search of one. The intention in my mind was not to stop smoking, but rather just to cut down from the 40+ a day habit.

To my amazement, the following day was the last time I had a smoke. And that was six months ago now.

I never hated smoking, in fact I loved it, so much so that I never even tried to quit. Okay, there was that one time. But that was the worst 2hours of my life.

Vaping has afforded me the pleasures of smoking, without all the obvious harms. And made for a much happier wife and kids. Not to mention myself.

Last edited:
Back