Wismec Predator 228 510 Issue

Saw this last night on GrimmGreen's channel and decided I would ignore it. But now I can't, as at seems to be happening a lot to this great device.
Sigh. They just can't get it right, can they?

I'm wondering now what the recourse would be with vendors..

More reading:

Last edited:
I haven't seen the clip, but I have tried most of my attys out on the Predator with no issues. In fact the 510 pin is much more springy and stronger that the RX 2/3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the clip, but I have tried most of my attys out on the Predator with no issues. In fact the 510 pin is much more springy and stronger that the RX 2/3.

The pin actually isn't the issue, the comments about the pin are a bit of misnomer, it's the threads that detach if you apply (too much) torque to it - or upward force too apparently if I look at the video properly.

Also just got 1 a week ago. Fml:WINKINGFACE:

Interesting to get some vendors feedback on this regarding what would happen should one of us experience this

My 2c

For the price point you are still getting a good device. You cant compare a Kia with a Mercedes, on the other hand i dont think anyone would mind paying another R100 for a rock solid 510

Alien vs Predator? More like Paint vs 510

Last edited:
I'm very happy with mine. If it does come out eventually I'll just use some Pratley Steel and sort it.
:flamethrower2:

This would be a deal breaker on an otherwise cool mod.The bushing should have been threaded especially after prior issues.What the hell is it with Wismec and 510s?

Last edited:
This may just be a batch issue. I've had no issues with mine, gave it a few good wiggles and so far it's solid. Under normal use I don't think most people will even notice a problem, if you are someone who likes to hold their devices by the tank and wave it around then this issue may reveal itself sooner rather than later.

Very sad
And this was supposed to be a great mod
I was keen on getting one at some point

From an engineering standpoint, the design is ridiculous. You dont press fit a component that is load bearing without a support i.e. it should have been inserted from the inside with a flange against the housing to take the load.

They probably did it like that for production simplification. The more they can get out the door in the shortest time, the better.

I'm on the road a lot and get in the car with mod in my jeans pocket, few times a day while driving I grab it by the tank and pull it out my jeans pocket (With safety belt on) so it takes some strain - So far no issues. I'm still happy with it. :--)

Some people on Reddit and Facebook are complaining about running into this issue by simply removing topcaps and/or driptips from RDA's/RTA's while screwed onto the mod.

I really thought after the issues with the Rolos they would have figured out how to at least get the 510 right on their later mods!

:eek:

Ok, so having learned this, fortunately my Predator is for office use only. The so called "Desk mod".

Luckily it's my home "desk mod", but having read this I'm being extra careful with it.

I really thought after the issues with the Rolos they would have figured out how to at least get the 510 right on their later mods!

What I don't get is how Wismec can be essentially the same company as Eleaf, there are no problems with Eleaf 510s, and yet Wismec can't (or won't) use the same 510s as Eleaf. How hard can it be? They have a working model within the same umbrella company structure.

Back