Battery Wraps - Installing without Heat Gun?

I was thinking more along the lines of a fan assisted heater, aka a hair dryer on multivitamins as apposed a heat gun, which is more like a hair dryer on steroids :think:
Jus' grab a cheapie disposable lighter from your local, and hold your newly wrapped battery about a centimeter above the flame tip ;) ... I've taken cells up to a little over 80 deg C when testing them, and you'll be letting goa cell waaaaay before 80 degrees, so "moenie worry" about it blowing up in your hand.
As a Gauteng resident, you surely have a heater? I would caution against using steam and a heat gun (mine can remove your skin in seconds). Instead, get yourself a small travel hairdryer or a good old Bic lighter. Just make sure to keep the battery out of the flame.

Last edited:
As a Gauteng resident, you surely have a heater? I would caution against using steam and a heat gun (mine can remove your skin in seconds). Instead, get yourself a small travel hairdryer or a good old Bic lighter. Just make sure to keep the battery out of the flame.
Alternatively ... an Air Fryer might do the job :rolleyes: particularly so if powered by an erm ... flux capacitor :--P

Back