DOVPO Topside 90W Top Fill Squonk MOD

Thanks for the review @Timwis
Very insightful and interesting

And thanks for all the follow up comments. Great to see discussions on these various mods and comparisons

Am reading with interest to decide on my first entry point into a regulated squonker -
Been using the Reos (mechanical) for years but want to try a regulated.

I like the look of this Topside

Just a question, how easy is it to change the bottles? Reason I ask is that on the Reo, its a quick few second procedure. And I have several bottles for different flavour profiles. I like to change the bottle when vaping a totally different flavour

What have your experiences been? And to the guys that have used the Delta too?

@Silver

Just check my reply to @Puff the Magic Dragon . The delta in my mind is better than the topside. Especially because it's extremely hard to over squonk.

Biggest problem is capacity if that's what your are looking for as in my case.

The windows which aren't as bad as some reviewers make it out to be, unless you sit in the dark the whole day and night. What I have also done is just put a piece of white paper inbetween the tank and body of the mod to increase light reflected back out and it does help if that is a concern to you.

For you in terms of wanting to swop out flavours. The topside would suit your purpose as the delta only has one tank and even if you manged to get more tanks for it. There is no sealing system so wouldn't work out. I have also tried to install the tank filled, not the best idea as when you install it the pressure it makes when sealing forces it to squonk at the same time.

Yes in an earlier post in the thread i said exactly the same apart from build quality i would say both devices are top notch just the Delta has more weight to it but that doesn't mean the Topside is worse build quality just different materials used.

Correct. My choice of words was probably not the best. What I should have said IMO is that the delta feels more luxurious. Both are built very well.

Correct. My choice of words was probably not the best. What I should have said IMO is that the delta feels more luxurious. Both are built very well.
When it comes to mainstream regulated squonking devices in my opinion we are comparing the best two devices. I'm in an unusual position of prefering the Delta yet actually think the Topside is the slightly better device. For me the Rage is number 3

Go check out the Grimm greens video where he compares the 2 devices on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have checked it out thanks. Pretty much over researched this subject. Now if only I could get paid to do it.

Grimm Green also struggles to make a choice on it, but chooses the topside in the end where as @Timwis chooses the Delta. It all boils down to preference in the end I guess.

I have checked it out thanks. Pretty much over researched this subject. Now if only I could get paid to do it.

Grimm Green also struggles to make a choice on it, but chooses the topside in the end where as @Timwis chooses the Delta. It all boils down to preference in the end I guess.
Yeah definately a preference thing, IMO the Delta was ultimately to busy looking for me, the Topside is a little more of a classy device and feels so great in the hand
3be87b44f85e53e445b379b53e125559.jpg

One thing that everyone can agree on is both put the Advken CP squonker to shame, what a piece of **** that device is, i did review it but it really isn't even worth a read.

Yeah definately a preference thing, IMO the Delta was ultimately to busy looking for me, the Topside is a little more of a classy device and feels so great in the hand
3be87b44f85e53e445b379b53e125559.jpg

Nice pic.

One thing to note about delta is that images on the net don't do it justice. Seeing it in person and feeling it you'd change your mind about it being too busy. Alot of people say it looks plasticy, but it is far from that. Especially in the red as the panels are far more subdued than the rainbow which all reviewers got.

Nice pic.

One thing to note about delta is that images on the net don't do it justice. Seeing it in person and feeling it you'd change your mind about it being too busy. Alot of people say it looks plasticy, but it is far from that. Especially in the red as the panels are far more subdued than the rainbow which all reviewers got.
Well I have felt it and used it, my friend got one from vape King 2 weeks ago, and yes it was the rainbow , it is a nice device I must admit but again it's solely a personal preference thing. Post some pics when you get the new baby. You should go for the Vape King special, the mod, battery and an RDA for R1200, that's a steal, the Topside from vapers corner is at R1490, mod only, delta a much better deal

Nice pic.

Agreed, i get that quite often when devices look cheap going by the pictures on the web yet when i receive them they look fantastic, i also sometimes get the reverse.

@Spink .

I agree about the 6ml "issue" with the Delta. Another way of looking at it is that you get to change your juice earlier if you are getting tired of the flavour. And filling is so easy that I guess I do it in about ten seconds or less.

I agree with @Timwis and @CashKat88 that ultimately it is a personal choice. What is "classy" to me may not be the same for you. I won the rainbow version which I would never have chosen. In the week that I have had it, it seems to bother me less and less.

The Vape King price is amazingly low especially as it is for a kit. The RDA is not brilliant but not bad by any means. It is very usable.

I don't oversquonk with the press to squonk function as it sucks back very well. I have even tried the Hadaly on it which some believe is very easy to oversquonk on.

Where Revenant/TVL seem to have made a mistake is that very few reviewers received it. Many of the best reviewers haven't reviewed it. Perhaps they weren't paid enough. Distribution also seems limited. Many vendors don't stock it, both overseas and locally.

Well I have felt it and used it, my friend got one from vape King 2 weeks ago, and yes it was the rainbow , it is a nice device I must admit but again it's solely a personal preference thing. Post some pics when you get the new baby. You should go for the Vape King special, the mod, battery and an RDA for R1200, that's a steal, the Topside from vapers corner is at R1490, mod only, delta a much better deal

Unfortunately I got the delta a while ago before the special. So my hard luck. I agree the special is a great deal.

I wouldn't want to hijack this and post pictures of my delta on here as it is essentially a topside review thread. We are comparing the topside to other devices which is ok if you ask me, since it's still in the same vain. But posting a pic of another mod might be going overboard.

@Timwis not sure how you feel about that and how this discussion has been going on? I hope the discussion has been ok with you so far.

@Spink .

I agree about the 6ml "issue" with the Delta. Another way of looking at it is that you get to change your juice earlier if you are getting tired of the flavour. And filling is so easy that I guess I do it in about ten seconds or less.

I agree with @Timwis and @CashKat88 that ultimately it is a personal choice. What is "classy" to me may not be the same for you. I won the rainbow version which I would never have chosen. In the week that I have had it, it seems to bother me less and less.

The Vape King price is amazingly low especially as it is for a kit. The RDA is not brilliant but not bad by any means. It is very usable.

I don't oversquonk with the press to squonk function as it sucks back very well. I have even tried the Hadaly on it which some believe is very easy to oversquonk on.

Where Revenant/TVL seem to have made a mistake is that very few reviewers received it. Many of the best reviewers haven't reviewed it. Perhaps they weren't paid enough. Distribution also seems limited. Many vendors don't stock it, both overseas and locally.
Yes it's a strange one it's almost as if Revenant/TVL chose to have it more as a limited edition device. It was very poorly marketed and made in small numbers compared to other devices.

Yes it's a strange one it's almost as if Revenant/TVL chose to have it more as a limited edition device. It was very poorly marketed and made in small numbers compared to other devices.

It is strange as they must have known that they had a really good product. Perhaps they want to iron out any issues and return with a new product which incorporates the innovations. They also were crazy not to sell it as a stand-alone mod. Most experienced vapers avoid kits as they already own RDAs which they like.

@Timwis

Tell me - can you get through a full 10ml of juice on the Topside with a single 21700 battery?

@Timwis

Tell me - can you get through a full 10ml of juice on the Topside with a single 21700 battery?
Hey silver,
You definately can, I get about 1 and 3/4 of a bottle before I pop in a new battery although I run it at 60-65 watt on a single coil wasp nano @ 0.20ohm , I'm sure it would depend on the atty you're using and the resistance of the coil.

@Timwis

@Silver did you forget my totally unscientific test on juice per battery? On the 18650 batts I got 10-15ml juice whether on 0.3ohm on 40watts or 1ohm on 12watts, just the time frame differ. Even dual 18650 batts gave 26ml, so still 13ml per battery.
So Im sure a 21700 battery will easily get throught 10mm no matter what build or ohms, according to the unscientific test:talking:

@Silver did you forget my totally unscientific test on juice per battery? On the 18650 batts I got 10-15ml juice whether on 0.3ohm on 40watts or 1ohm on 12watts, just the time frame differ. Even dual 18650 batts gave 26ml, so still 13ml per battery.
So Im sure a 21700 battery will easily get throught 10mm no matter what build or ohms, according to the unscientific test:talking:

I hear you @Jean claude Vaaldamme
Thanks, forgot about your test

This is good news - change a battery after 10ml - sounds good

Lol you're telling me that's unscientific. My wife is just a tootle puffer at 8w a 18650 battery lasts her 4 days and she fills once a day. It's a 2ml tank but she is not filling when the tank is empty but when there is about 0.75ml left so she only gets through 5ml with a 18650, if she was using a 21700 that would up to approx 7ml. I test so many atty's any build in one atty at a set wattage can give totally different consumption than in another.

Back