E-cigarette advice

I think what he means is that the stock coils on most (some pen style devices handle 70%VG juice - like the iJust2) pen style devices will not be able to correctly wick 70%VG juices. This is because 70%VG juices are quite thick and the wicking holes on pen style stock coils are too small to allow fast enough wicking.
Makes sense.

With AIO i bought my gf i took hazeworks scream that has 70VG/30PG and the vape is awesome.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

Makes sense.

With AIO i bought my gf i took hazeworks scream that has 70VG/30PG and the vape is awesome.

The AIO has a Cubis style tank section. I have a Cubis tank of my own and while it can handle 70/30 using the .5 coil it works even better when "modded" ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The AIO has a Cubis style tank section. I have a Cubis tank of my own and while it can handle 70/30 using the .5 coil it works even better when "modded" ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
What do you mean by modded?

What do you mean by modded?

Knowing @Greyz he's put black rims on his tank! :D He has probably drilled out the juice intake holes to be a bit bigger.

Can you please explain "pen style devices will struggle with anything higher than 70 % VG juices"

Thanks

With pen style devices you probably won't have enough power and or wicking holes that are too small... The pen style devices generally don't have huge stock coils that's built lower than 0.4ohm. So the wicking holes (where the juice comes into contact with the cotton) aren't huge, as it doesn't have to suck up large amounts of juice into a big coil that's firing at 100W to produce vapour. If that doesn't make sense, don't stress too much, that's just some background.

The higher the VG content is, the thicker the juice becomes.

This is what happens if you have a tank that has a similar coil/juice hole size as a pen style device sitting on a reg mod:

If the wicking holes are small, the cotton struggles to get saturated properly and fast enough if the juice is too thick. So to get the saturating speed to coincide with the heat from the coil you'll have to play around with the wattage until they are in harmony. If you've got too little power, you'll get poor vapour prodution, a gurgling sound and quite possibly a mouth full of juice every time you draw. If you've got too much power, the small wicking holes will cause the cotton to run dry as the juice can't get to the coil fast enough through the small holes and then you get the infamous dry hit, which is absolutely horrid!!

If the juice is thicker, you need coils that can handle it (saturation wise) and a power device that can be adjusted to get the sweet spot.

You probably won't have this type of variables with a pen style device.

My opinion anyway.

Sorry for going a bit off from the original topic here.

Im looking to get a decent setup. Im fairly new to vaping. I was set on the iStick Pico with Melo 3 mini tank but ive got an oppurtunity now to buy a Kanger Dripbox.

Just wanted know some pros and cons of the dripbox if possible

Thanks @Greyz

A special thanks to @theyettie for a detailed explanation that added to my understanding of the whole process.

You folks are awesome.

Sorry for going a bit off from the original topic here.

Im looking to get a decent setup. Im fairly new to vaping. I was set on the iStick Pico with Melo 3 mini tank but ive got an oppurtunity now to buy a Kanger Dripbox.

Just wanted know some pros and cons of the dripbox if possible

I wouldn't be of much help here. The last kangertech device I had was a subtank and that was quite a while ago and I haven't had experience with the Melo either. Sorry mate.

Okay no problem

Me again with some more questions.
On the thread mentioned above by @Lingogrey, both @Ernest and @BumbleBee mention that the spiral mouthpiece (which I assume is also called the drip tip - correct me if I'm wrong) becomes very hot when chain vaping.
Got my eGo All In One on Tuesday and loved it from the start. It's a nice small, compact device that looks great with it's colored lights and glass drip tips. I prefer the spare drip tip that comes with it to the spiraled one, maybe because it's slightly longer. I found the spiral one gets a bit hot when chain vaping.
I've been using my AIO for 2 days, what an amazing little device! I got 5ml worth of vape time out of the factory charge. It took 2:45 hours to charge to full after that. I had it on a 3A USB charger and the device draws 0.58A while charging. I'm on my 4th refill and so far it's going strong, no fireworks but for what it is it is performing surprisingly well.

The top cap gets very hot! But I've learnt how to vape this device, multiple short MTL draws seem to do the trick.
Now as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I am a chain vaper. So how can I avoid the problem of overheating ???
Thanks

Me again with some more questions.
On the thread mentioned above by @Lingogrey, both @Ernest and @BumbleBee mention that the spiral mouthpiece (which I assume is also called the drip tip - correct me if I'm wrong) becomes very hot when chain vaping.

Now as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I am a chain vaper. So how can I avoid the problem of overheating ???
Thanks

Like I said in the post, use the spare drip tip that comes with it, or you could just use one of your own. Delrin, acrylic, wood etc. will not get that hot.

Thanks @Ernest
As you may have noticed from this thread, I am a complete newbie (only joined yesterday) so your and everyone else's advice is much appreciated.

@ddk1979 - I just saw in the "Who has stock" thread that you have posted that Vape Cartel Cape Town indicated that they do have stock, but that they do not have demo models to try and I know (as you indicated in that post also) that it's important for you to 'test drive' before buying.

Where in Cape Town are you located? I'll be in the general area from 27 - 29 May, but I'll unfortunately be quite restricted in movement (timewise) to the Stellenbosch area. You're welcome to try mine then (I can get a 1 ohm coil before then as well), but I really don't know if the drive will be worth it for you (unless you are incidentally in the area over the weekend) and I also think that it's too long from now to wait?

A better, easier and quicker suggestion perhaps - Are there any members in the Northern / Southern Suburbs (depending on where @ddk1979 indicates that he is situated) that own an AIO and who is willing to let him try it?

@Lingogrey -
You have really been a STAR with all the great advice. I think others will direct newcomers to the world of vaping, to the great articles you have posted on this thread.

Then you even go the extra mile offering to let me try out your own device - simply amazing !!! THANKS AGAIN.

Fortunately I have been able to make contact with Vapour Mountain and they have a device that I can try out. I will be visiting them within the next 2 days.

I am amazed that I found such a wonderful site with so many people offering to help.

Thanks again to you and all the others (especially @theyettie) for an awesome learning experience.

@Lingogrey -
You have really been a STAR with all the great advice. I think others will direct newcomers to the world of vaping, to the great articles you have posted on this thread.

Then you even go the extra mile offering to let me try out your own device - simply amazing !!! THANKS AGAIN.

Fortunately I have been able to make contact with Vapour Mountain and they have a device that I can try out. I will be visiting them within the next 2 days.

I am amazed that I found such a wonderful site with so many people offering to help.

Thanks again to you and all the others (especially @theyettie) for an awesome learning experience.

Only a pleasure bud. All of the best on your journey into the vaping underworld.... hehe

As in the matrix, you are about to take the blue pill... You will now start to see how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Last edited:
@Lingogrey -

Thanks very much @ddk1979 ! That's what we're here for and I think that each one of us active on this forum (usually I would never be so presumptive to speak on behalf of others, but I think that there are very few people that would disagree from me on this point) have benefited so much more from it than we ever imagined we would when we joined and it's a privilege to 'pay forward' just a little bit of the advice and kindness shown to us. I have certainly met some awesome people and have rarely seen such a great bunch of (very diverse, but with one common interest and goal) people grouped together as on this forum!

Please do us a favor and let us know how everything goes (and stay active on the site - it makes the vaping journey so much more pleasurable and exciting and one doesn't have to be a "master vaper", as you called it in your first post, to enjoy it or to make a contribution here - I know that I am certainly very far from one and I still find this forum very valuable)

@theyettie and @Lingogrey - I'll definitely follow your example and try to 'pay it forward' as well, although with me a little knowledge is a dangerous thing - lol.

I will keep everyone posted regarding my test-drive of the AIO and my vaping experience.

Every comment I've read regarding using other juices in a Twisp seems to indicate it does not work too great. So if all goes well with the demo and I buy the AIO, I am hoping to pick up some great juices from them as well - will let you guys know about that too.

What is pay it forward?

Paying it forward is doing something for someone else and expecting nothing in return :)
Oh okay.. Just when i thought this forum couldnt get any better.. Im browing almost whole day everyday

Browsing*

Back