EVL Reaper V2

Hi
Dont see shipping to south Africa

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

how are u enjoying this so far compared to skyline. Any leaking issues

how are u enjoying this so far compared to skyline. Any leaking issues

It's a brilliant tank for flavour... it needs to be wicked right otherwise it leaks when refilling it... it needs more wick than I'm used to but since wicking it right it has been a dream. Compared to the Skyline... The Reaper is more of a raw flavour and Skyline refined flavour if that makes any sense... That being said I have not put down the Reaper since I got it... at £79 the Stainless Steel version is a fantastic buy. The Titanium version is a lot more expensive (obviously) at around the £199 mark but I don't know if it's my imagination but I do prefer it over the SS version...

Both the Skyline and the Reaper will remain in my arsenal because they are both class RTA's.
SkylineReaper 001.JPG

@Rob Fisher my bank account does not like you or @Takie. Lol. Why would there be a difference in flavour between ss & Ti.

It's time to install the tall tank for the Reaper Ti!

And wicked this time with Muji Cotton as recommended by EVL and so far it's awesome!
ReaperTall 001.JPG ReaperTall 002.JPG ReaperTall 005.JPG ReaperTall 006.JPG

I seem to have solved the leak on fill issue thanks to help from the mod maker himself... lots more cotton needed.

3mm Fused Clapton. Used half a pad (will use a quarter next time as he suggested) and it looks like I have way too much cotton... but let's give it a whirl.. the draw is quite a bit tighter with the massive amount of cotton but the flavour is just perfect... will play side by side with my Reapers and report back later.
ReaperBuild01.jpg ReaperBuild02.jpg ReaperBuild03.jpg ReaperBuild04.jpg ReaperBuild05.jpg ReaperBuild06.jpg ReaperBuild07.jpg ReaperBuild08.jpg ReaperBuild09.jpg ReaperBuild10.jpg ReaperBuild11.jpg ReaperBuild12.jpg ReaperBuild13.jpg ReaperBuild14.jpg

Still getting a bit of leaking on the refill. The suggestion is to lengthen the wicks a little... tails right down to the peak... will try again later when the tank needs filling again. Honestly I can live with the leak on the refill because the flavour of this RTA is unparalleled. I have a little ritual for filling and am used to it now.

Could this be the Grim Reaper:eek: The extra glass tank I got saw its a**e on first assembly.First attempt at building and wicking..........eish it leaks all over the place so its not going on the mod I had earmarked for it yet.Second attempt better,flavour is very very good.When Telkom issues are resolved an emergency Skype call will be needed with @Rob Fisher to help me sort this out:):)
IMG_2378.jpg

Could this be the Grim Reaper:eek: The extra glass tank I got saw its a**e on first assembly.First attempt at building and wicking..........eish it leaks all over the place so its not going on the mod I had earmarked for it yet.Second attempt better,flavour is very very good.When Telkom issues are resolved an emergency Skype call will be needed with @Rob Fisher to help me sort this out:):)
View attachment 100824

More wicking @Genosmate! More than you think you need. ;-)

View attachment 100824

Did it leak constantly or only after filling ?

Sounds really strange as I get maybe a drops worth of leaking after every second fill and nothing major.

My build and the amount of leaking I get just after filling up was on the old V2 deck. Still need to test the new deck

70be55f387a8d54930d9278ad1d3c102.jpg

35cbe49427d931c73eccb69c531a976d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I get a flooded chamber which causes a leak when filling... I know I could probably put in more wick and I did try that but I think the flavour was muted with tons of cotton... so I take the tank off when filling... wrap the base in bog roll... open the top and fill then close... then I blow into the tank to clear the slight flooding and wipe the tank clean and pop it back on the mod. It never ever leaks once on the mod. Normally a hassle like this would cause me to head to the balcony and the gorge but the flavour and the extended tank is just marvellous... I do in fact use my Ti Reaper more than any other thank.

I get a flooded chamber which causes a leak when filling... I know I could probably put in more wick and I did try that but I think the flavour was muted with tons of cotton... so I take the tank off when filling... wrap the base in bog roll... open the top and fill then close... then I blow into the tank to clear the slight flooding and wipe the tank clean and pop it back on the mod. It never ever leaks once on the mod. Normally a hassle like this would cause me to head to the balcony and the gorge but the flavour and the extended tank is just marvellous... I do in fact use my Ti Reaper more than any other thank.

Do you use less cotton than me vs photo. That's about 1/8 of a panel I used?

I use about the same but maybe not as long and into the juice channels...

I only have a thin strand of cotton on/ in my juice well. Thinned it out and cut a chunk off.

Helps with the flooding and doesn't impact the flavor

Ok, new V2 built and wicked.

3 wicking attempts later and i have no leaks.

Will leave feedback over the next few days.

Somehow the airflow feels better.

Back