For the NON-South African Forum members....

I haven't found an English word for 'sommer'.
As in "I will sommer moer you!!"
Or "put it sommer down over there'

There is no single word, but something like "might as well" or "because why" :) comes to mind.

@Neal , in Afrikaans we have 'nou-nou', which means in a little while, like you said.
I speak a little Tswana, @Clouder , but I wish I paid more attention in school. If you don't speak it regularly, you get rusty.

IT's a well known fact that Durbanite's are terrible at Afrikaans, but we. bruin owes, have our own Slang that comprises of a lot of Afrikaans words - some are sooooo far from the original meaning it can be deadly.

For instance, the gif (not no the moving pictures!): gif = poisonous

Yet if you ask Durban guy/gal "How was that quarter mutton?"
Typical response might be "It was gif" meaning it was good.

Offering an Afrikaaner a poisonous bunny chow I doubt they would be happy :p

IT's a well known fact that Durbanite's are terrible at Afrikaans, but we. bruin owes, have our own Slang that comprises of a lot of Afrikaans words - some are sooooo far from the original meaning it can be deadly.

For instance, the gif (not no the moving pictures!): gif = poisonous

Yet if you ask Durban guy/gal "How was that quarter mutton?"
Typical response might be "It was gif" meaning it was good.

Offering an Afrikaaner a poisonous bunny chow I doubt they would be happy :p
Thoroughly enjoyed this!:-D

Vapers laat die panties drop. :)

Firstly, sorry to derail...

@Ernest sorry bud (I am actually about to compliment you though), I've been biting my toungue (or fingers?) for a while now... but damn, you look exactly like Chuck Norris in your profile pic.

(Sho' ... weight of the world off my shoulders)

@Ernest sorry bud (I am actually about to compliment you though), I've been biting my toungue (or fingers?) for a while now... but damn, you look exactly like Chuck Norris in your profile pic.

download.jpg

Only on the photo, not in real life. It's an old Gravatar photo. My beard is much much greyer now.

I think I should take my profile pic down, before everyone asks "Why's @Ernest in your dp?"

Its been on my mind since Dec last year, but I was too bang to say anything in case it was a screen print from a "Walker Texas Ranger" episode that I'd missed.
Didnt want to get a "dumb" rating for jokes. :giggle:

Only on the photo, not in real life. It's an old Gravatar photo. My beard is much much greyer now.

Leave that pic there @Ernest... in case a few months down the line, someone reads my message after you've changed it and think I have lost my marbles! Thanks lol. Really glad you have a sense of humour and didnt kak me out from a dizzy height.

@Greyz ... Too Funny!!!

@blujeenz, I couldnt hold it in anymore.

Leave that pic there @Ernest... in case a few months down the line, someone reads my message after you've changed it and think I have lost my marbles! Thanks lol. Really glad you have a sense of humour and didnt kak me out from a dizzy height.

@Greyz ... Too Funny!!!

@blujeenz, I couldnt hold it in anymore.
@Cespian you must have some big ass brass balls - cause I also noticed the resemblence but I didnt have the ball-age to ask

@Cespian you must have some big ass brass balls - cause I also noticed the resemblence but I didnt have the ball-age to ask

Dude... "Big Ass Balls" can be interpreted in so many different ways. Balls on the ass... "Big Ass" being the adjective... Anyways. My intent is never malice hence I would never shy from saying whats on my mind, and make it known to be my weird and twisted opinion... Basically taking a page from @blujeenz 's book.

Damn it, I just realised that I'm in a thread exchanging words like "ass" and "balls" with the "Reading forum as a non-vaper" biggest contributers!

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Back