Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorina

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi everyone, Please excuse me as im a new. But I often get the liquid in my mouth which is horrible, Why is this happening.

Last edited:
agreed, also think it should be mouth hehehe, most welcome Sorina :) please let us know what setup you are running so we can help you out better :rock:

Hmmm that doesnt sound good :) Please tell us what setup you have, it could be one of a few things depending on what you have.

Your house? Did you mean your mouth?

What device are you using?
I am using the twisp clearo light, Also why does it make me cough every time I inhale. I have changed the fluid but still does it.

well the liquid leaking into the mouth is quite a common occurrence with the Twisp devices, @Silver wrote an excellent review on Twisp where he also gave some advice on preventing the leaking, i'll go see if i can find it for you :)

It will make you cough in the beginning, it doesnt happen to everyone but to some it does.

Check that your coil is screwed in correctly, also make sure that you are pouring the liquid down the sides of the clearo (I have never used a twisp myself but I suspect they have the coil in the center as most clearo's do) if you get liquid in the coil it will go into your mouth. I may be wrong though so Maybe @twispcig can shed some more light? Or @Silver

well the liquid leaking into the mouth is quite a common occurrence with the Twisp devices, @Silver wrote an excellent review on Twisp where he also gave some advice on preventing the leaking, i'll go see if i can find it for you :)
Why do i cough every when i use my device. is it the liquid, or just me

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/twisp-review-clearo-and-liquid.1584/

here's the review Silver wrote and if you follow the thread he also gives advice on how to help with the leaking,

the coughing, that might be attributed either to the strength of liquid you are using or due to the fact that you're system (lungs especially) are starting to heal themselves and they are getting rid of all the built up gunk of the stinkies... or it might be that you have a sensitivity to either the PG or VG (most likely the PG) in the juices :)

The twisp does that, the coughing is your body not use to vaping, it will disappear soon

Thank you every one for your help. Now i have less to stress about. But before I got. Is it true that smoking my twisp will cause liquid build up in the lungs, Excuse me if I sound stupid,

Thank you every one for your help. Now i have less to stress about. But before I got. Is it true that smoking my twisp will cause liquid build up in the lungs, Excuse me if I sound stupid,

No it wont, the liquid is water based so your body absorbs it quickly, that is the little bid that gets in you lungs

you should buy 0 mg juice :) its not so harsh on the throat ;)

I forgot about that, the twisp nic mg might be to strong for you, mix some of the 0nic into your tank with the normal liquid. That will bring your nic down and you wont cough.

I use to do that when I started on the twisp

Hi @Sorina I also had the same problem as you when I first got my Twisp. Liquid was getting into my mouth every time I pulled. I was advised when not using the Twisp to keep it in a upright position so that liquid does not leak into the mouthpiece. Its been a few months now that I have had the Twisp and I have no problem with it. I also agree with all the others, you need to get used to vaping then it will not have such a hard hit on the throat.

Hi @Sorina

Only saw this now. Good advice from the rest of the members

Yes, i found the Twisp does have a 'leaky' mouthpiece
What helps is to keep it in an upright position when you put it down and when you are vaping dont tilt it past the horizontal. What i mean is keep the mouthpiece slightly higher than the other side.
Also, once a day or more frequently, take off the mouthpiece and wipe off the buildup of fluid inside the metal catchcup.

As for the coughing, try another flavour and you can also get the Twisp zero strength homeopathic range. You can then mix half half with your current regular strength to reduce the nicotine strength. That should help as well.

All the best for your vaping!

You can also send a message to @twispcig - they are the official Twisp representatives on this forum

Hi there :) and welcome !

Maybe try out the twisp "pure" liquids as they do not contain any PG and will be lighter on your throat.

Don't give up and good luck on your vaping journey :D

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi there :) and welcome !

Maybe try out the twisp "pure" liquids as they do not contain any PG and will be lighter on your throat.

Don't give up and good luck on your vaping journey :D

Let us know how it goes.

Not so sure about the pure range containing no pg. I think they just brand it as pure because of the type of flavours (mostly fruity). I'm pretty sure even the pure range is a pg/vg mix.

But yes, sound advice from all, try some different juice. I personally started on twisp but after trying other juices found the twisp liquids to be harsh an not so great in terms of my own flavour palette. I've found that getting smoother vapour from a better quality device also helps to reduce irritation.

It's been mentioned in 1 or 2 other threads but just in case anyone is interested:

Twisp lists the nicotine content on the bottle as 0.9mg per drop. Not per ml. I believe this is roughly 18mg per ml.

Trying a juice with maybe 12mg or even 9mg might help with the cough. Unfortunately, twisp liquid is only available in 0.9mg/drop or 0mg (homeopathic). to reduce the nic content you will have to mix them yourself. Otherwise maybe a juice with higher vg content will help as you might be sensitive to the pg.

Not so sure about the pure range containing no pg. I think they just brand it as pure because of the type of flavours (mostly fruity). I'm pretty sure even the pure range is a pg/vg mix.

But yes, sound advice from all, try some different juice. I personally started on twisp but after trying other juices found the twisp liquids to be harsh an not so great in terms of my own flavour palette. I've found that getting smoother vapour from a better quality device also helps to reduce irritation.

It's been mentioned in 1 or 2 other threads but just in case anyone is interested:

Twisp lists the nicotine content on the bottle as 0.9mg per drop. Not per ml. I believe this is roughly 18mg per ml.

Trying a juice with maybe 12mg or even 9mg might help with the cough. Unfortunately, twisp liquid is only available in 0.9mg/drop or 0mg (homeopathic). to reduce the nic content you will have to mix them yourself. Otherwise maybe a juice with higher vg content will help as you might be sensitive to the pg.

I think you might be referring the the 'fresh' range.

According to the twisp website, pg is not listed as an ingredient in the 'pure' range. I also double checked this with an online sales person on the twisp site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back