Introduce Yourselves:

Hey :)

I'm Liz and I live in Joburg. I started vaping a week ago on an Osiris. And I just upgraded to the eLeaf iStick 30w with a Aspire Nautilus Mini Atomiser currently vaping on the Vape King VK4 flavour. Planning on upgrading to the Kanger Tech Sub Tank Mini. Got in to vaping thanks to @Oliver Barry and @Puff_the_Dragon. Keen to join the forum :)
Most welcome and congrats on kicking the stinky sticks. Great current and future gear. Happy vaping.

Hello my name is Grant, I am from Johannesburg I started vaping just over a month ago...I have the sigelei 100 watt box mod with the Aspire Atlantis atomizer. I am very interested in learning more about vaping and learn about dripping as well.

Belated welcome @Crash
Nice gear you have for 1 month in!
Enjoy the forum and wishing you well for your vaping journey

Hi all.

Names Justin and been vaping for almost a year now. I started off with the Twisp and it really helped me with kicking the stinky analogues. I had no idea that vaping was so big here in SA, until recently when I was searching for some juice that was a little lighter on the pocket and came across this forum. So glad there is a forum where a person can get in touch with other vapers, vendors and get help/info anytime you need, such a considerate bunch you are :rofl:
Looking forward to joining the community and the journey!

Cheers

Belated welcome @Justink
Congrats on your vaping. Nearly a year is a great achievement. I am sure your lungs are thanking you big time!

Vaping is growing here in SA and our forum keeps us up to date with vaping matters.

Enjoy your stay and wishing you well on the vaping journey. Just shout if you have any questions.

Hey :)

I'm Liz and I live in Joburg. I started vaping a week ago on an Osiris. And I just upgraded to the eLeaf iStick 30w with a Aspire Nautilus Mini Atomiser currently vaping on the Vape King VK4 flavour. Planning on upgrading to the Kanger Tech Sub Tank Mini. Got in to vaping thanks to @Oliver Barry and @Puff_the_Dragon. Keen to join the forum :)

Welcome @Satans_Stick
You have some great gear there. Way to go
All the best for your vaping journey and enjoy the forum!

Thanks @free3dom.! Great to be here! Looking forward to my upgrade :D

Since you are new here, let me point you (and all other new members) at this fantastic offer running at SkyBlue Vaping right now :)

Basically, if you place an order with them during Feb 2015, they will give you a bottle of their new promotional Valentine's Day special juice for free. Now, I'm in no way affiliated with them, and I have no idea what the juice is like but they did a similar thing during December and the juice they gave out then (called Happy Holidays, which they sell now) is one of the best local juices I have tried. And not only that, the other juices they sell are fantastic as well - especially Melinda's 'Nilla Custard, which is one of the highest rated custard juices on this here forum :D

I'm just very excited about it and thought I'd share :p

welcome to the forum @Jakey.you are surtanley geared up for big fings.fantastic gear you have there buddy.keep on vaping up a storm and enjoy all that the forum has to offer.

Belated welcome @Crash
Nice gear you have for 1 month in!
Enjoy the forum and wishing you well for your vaping journey
Thanks @Silver , haha yeah started on the eleaf istick 20 watt device but after about 2 weeks or so I couldn't resist the sigelei:tearsofjoy: and loving it too much now...can't wait for dripping

Since you are new here, let me point you (and all other new members) at this fantastic offer running at SkyBlue Vaping right now :)

Basically, if you place an order with them during Feb 2015, they will give you a bottle of their new promotional Valentine's Day special juice for free. Now, I'm in no way affiliated with them, and I have no idea what the juice is like but they did a similar thing during December and the juice they gave out then (called Happy Holidays, which they sell now) is one of the best local juices I have tried. And not only that, the other juices they sell are fantastic as well - especially Melinda's 'Nilla Custard, which is one of the highest rated custard juices on this here forum :D

I'm just very excited about it and thought I'd share :p
Wow awesome @free3dom I tried the Happy Holidays and I really enjoyed it! Want to get my hands on it soon. :D thanks for the heads up :)

Hi Guys! :)

My name is Vino, I currently reside in Jhb, I am 21 and I smoke cigarettes... I have joined this forum because I had no idea that vaping was this big in SA or that there's such an awesome community :hi:. I do not own an e-cig but I would like to get started ASAP! All help would be appreciated as I am not familiar on the route to take :(

Welcome Vino (@Barnicle)

Vaping has indeed sprouted and grown into something massive locally, mostly thanks to the various brilliant vendors :D

You've come to the right place for getting the info you need since the industry has grown quite significantly and it can be quite daunting to pick a place to jump in. You have many choices available right now which range from easy and accessible to complex but rewarding. The main question would be what you are willing (or have available) to spend on starter gear?

Right now I would recommend that you invest in slightly more powerful hardware than something like the Twisp. While these starter kits work just fine for getting off the smokes, it does eventually become limiting. I'm of the opinion that when starting out you should minimize the potential for relapse by investing in a "step up" of gear as opposed to these starter kits. This would be something like the iStick + Mini Aspire Nautilus tank. This is a tried and tested combination that will serve you well for quite some time.

One of the vendors on here (Vape Escape) sells this combination for R850 (which is cheaper than many starter kits) and you can find it here. Of course if you want to spend a little more then there are many many options (iStick 30W + SubTank Mini being my absolute favourite combination to recommend, and it's only slightly more expensive). Just let us know and there can be many more recommendations for gear.

Also, since you are in JHB, you can always pop around to Vape King, which has a few walk-in stores in Fourways and Parkwood (see here for the details). This would most likely be your best bet, to speak to someone in person and get some advice on what is what and how it all fits together.

The final, and largest piece, of the puzzle is of course the juices. This can be very intimidating at first as there are so many to choose from. You best bet would again be to go to a store and try some out, but if you can't do that then ordering online based on flavours that are familiar to you (and you enjoy) is a perfectly acceptable way to go.

Asking for more advice on here is also always welcome (create a thread and ask us anything) - there are many wonderful and helpful people on here :D

Best of luck on your vape journey - it is worth every penny and will definitely improve your life by ridding you of the cigarettes for good :rock:

Last edited:
welcome to the best forum in S.A @Satans_Stick.you are defiantly at right place.

Hi Guys! :)

My name is Vino, I currently reside in Jhb, I am 21 and I smoke cigarettes... I have joined this forum because I had no idea that vaping was this big in SA or that there's such an awesome community :hi:. I do not own an e-cig but I would like to get started ASAP! All help would be appreciated as I am not familiar on the route to take :(

Welcome @Barnicle
Congrats on finding the forum and wanting to start vaping
As @free3dom so excellently explained above, the choices are quite wide but i do agree with his recommendations 100%.

I would just add that in order to give up smoking effectively you need a backup. When the one device needs recharging which can take an hour or two, you can switch to the other. You also need backups of everything in case something goes wrong, which may take a day or two to replace or fix.

Regarding juice, many smokers start on juices with heavier nicotine content and work their way down accordiny to their taste and their power level of their gear. The higher the power the less nic you generally need.

Are you a heavy smoker? How many per day? And what cigarettes do you smoke?

Enjoy the forum and all the best for your vaping journey! Its great fun and very exciting

Hi @Silver :) I've received huge amounts of help from the guys in the community... Shaun, Dassie, free3dom and Ricardo at the puff station as well... I will be getting my first mod and meeting the awesome Shaun today . I have never been more excited to give up the habit. Thanks for the warm welcome bro.

welcome to the forum @Barnicle.thats owesome buddy.kicking the habbit is the best thing i did and now ive been vaping for over 7months.@Shaunnadan good on you for helping @Barnicle its truly owesome buddy.keep up the good work.injoy the rest of the forum buddy

Back to humble Shaun.... It's important we start expanding the Vaping community. One cloud at a time

@Silver I totally missed your questions bud... I smoke marlboro red and anything between 7 and 12 a day. When drinking... those numbers can tend to soar

happend with me aswell.if i was drinking then it turned into packets.glad i kicked the habbit.

welcome to the forum @Barnicle.thats owesome buddy.kicking the habbit is the best thing i did and now ive been vaping for over 7months.@Shaunnadan good on you for helping @Barnicle its truly owesome buddy.keep up the good work.injoy the rest of the forum buddy

Thanks @gripen :hi:... I joined yesterday and I just couldn't get off the forum. :dance:Well done to you for giving it up bro!8--)

plesure buddy,and thanks @Barnicle.hahaha jap i now how it goes this forum grabs you,but tons of fun and we all learn something new everyday.

Back