Introduce Yourselves:

Yup.... as a woman I am so motivated to keep going mainly because of the stinky issues. Sound ridiculous but having hair, hands and clothes that still smell like shampoo and soap by the end of the day is such a reward.

One million percent!

I'm actually embarrassed thinking back about all the people I hugged and kissed when I was a stinking smoker! :eek:

There is absolutely no link between the strength of cigarette that you smoked and the nicotine content of juice best suited for you. I smoked the lightest cigarette on the market (albeit a lot of them), but started out at 36 mg nicotine. This thread is a must read for all beginner vapers: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/index.php?threads/what-to-expect-on-you-vaping-journey.813/
EDIT: @Silver1 has reported that Twisp had informed him that their juices are 18 mg.

Whoops I missed this thread when I started... too late now... 12mg and happy as Larry! ;)

Welcome to all the new vapours, do the research before you go out and spend your hard earned cash. Anything you need to know is either on this forum or one or more or the forumites will find out for you. There aint no friendlier bunch of lads n gals in SA.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Welcome, I'm sure you will feel right at home here, plenty of DIY flavour guys here

Yay you finally joined :) welcome brother bear in law :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Welcome there is loads of info on here and lots of really helpfull people.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Welcome Man! I am sure you will have hours and hours of fun here..

Hi everyone,
I haven't started vaping yet, but this forum has been instrumental in making up my mind. I am currently looking at picking up this kit: http://www.vapeking.co.za/electroni...s/Ego-CE4-V3-Electronic-Cigarette-Starter-Kit
It seems to cover most of the bases and will allow both myself and my wife to try it out since it has two complete eCigs.
Very pro-active, I like that. Most welcome. If you have any questions, please shoot - we are here to help and be helped. Best of luck on your vaping journey.

Thank you all for the welcome ;) Picked up the starter kit on Saturday thanks to Stroodlepuff graciously making time for us. I am mightily impressed. In comparison to my initial experiences with vaping, think it was a friends Lung Buddy, this is in a completely different league.

@thekeeperza I have taken you up on your offer, thanks :)

Wow... Thank You @Rob Fisher for taking the time to provide such a detailed response. Reading many of the posts about the "trials and tribulations" of eCigs - I see many regretted not taking the advice given or going straight to the better devices. With this in mind I intend to not make the same mistake!!
Another question - How does the Twisp Liquid (Tobacco flavour) compare in terms of strength to what you are using (12mg) and how would that compare to Styvesant Blue?

Belated welcome @Mornat, have seen your posts elsewhere on the forum. Best of luck for you and your husband. Quitting the stinkies is a great thing.

Just on your questions regarding Twisp and your husband finding it not strong enough. I also started on Twisp - for about a month or two - got me off real cigs. I also found I needed more. So I used to vape it a lot. Mostly two or three long drags in succession to get the kind of satisfaction I needed.

Twisp has a strange way of marking their nicotine strength. They say 0.9mg per drop. I asked one of their directors to explain this and how it relates to the strength of other juices, normally denoted as mg per millilitre (ml). He said that the Twisp regular strength juices are comparable to 18mg/ml juices since there are about 20 drops per millilitre.

What I would suggest is to try experiment with a few juices of high enough strength - say 18mg - and find a few flavours that he likes a lot. Quitting the stinkies is much easier if you really like the flavour. Getting more powerful kit as the other members have suggested is also a great suggestion, although some of the bigger gear is not easy to carry in the pocket.

Hi all,

Name is Quinton, stopped smoking about 4 years ago. I enjoy the occasional vape, love mixing my own flavours. I am an IT engineer, spend most of my time playing with high speed satellite internet.

Welcome Quinton, not sure but I think we may have met at that first Vape Meet. All the best

Thank you all for the welcome ;) Picked up the starter kit on Saturday thanks to Stroodlepuff graciously making time for us. I am mightily impressed. In comparison to my initial experiences with vaping, think it was a friends Lung Buddy, this is in a completely different league.

@thekeeperza I have taken you up on your offer, thanks :)

Welcome :) glad you're enjoying it :) Sorry about all the chaos when you were here :)

Back