Introduce Yourselves:

@Andre is correct, I over-looked that, you don't want the subtank nano (smallest, only takes commercial coils), if you go that route you want the Subtank or Toptank MINI, as that has commercial coils that you can buy, and then a rebuildable deck for when you start to feel brave!

I think i'll start at the bottom like Drake LOL...and work work work work work my way up
lol no problem with that...I did the same...started with an ijust and not too long after upped that to an evic...now I have am smpl sitting on the shelf as well and am currently shopping around trying to decide on a noisy cricket (which scars the balls off of me) and the rx 200 or possibly both.

Hi all
I was a smoker for about 40 years, 40 a day at least, probably more on a night out and never tried giving up.
I must admit I did quite a bit of investigations into "this whole vaping thing" before finally taking the plunge and buying some new toys.
Stepped into a vape shop at the end of Feb this year and bought a Cuboid with a Cubis tank. I wanted that MTL hit.
Some 6mg juice (which I thought would not be strong enough) and I was on my way.
That did it for me, have not had a smoke (ok sorry stinkie) since.
What surprises me though is that I have not missed smoking at all, in fact I still have a packet of smokes in my car. I did have a drag of one a few weeks ago, just to check, and it tasted terrible.

Needless to say things progress quite quickly once you get into it.
Needed a smaller unit for when I am out and about - bought an iJust2 battery (Cubis sits quite nice on it)
Dont want to run out of battery power - bought another iJust2 battery and another Cubis tank.
Find myself doing more direct lung hits now - bought some 0.5 coils for the tank.
Looking for more flavour - bought a Uwell Crown tank
Need to try all these new juice flavours, different coil builds - RBA on it's way
and so it goes........

Yup I am hooked and enjoying every moment

Hey ya'll,
I'm a forum lurker who finally decided to create an account. I am a graphic designer, a casual vaper and a games enthusiast. Virtual high-fives to you all :)

Hi all
I was a smoker for about 40 years, 40 a day at least, probably more on a night out and never tried giving up.
I must admit I did quite a bit of investigations into "this whole vaping thing" before finally taking the plunge and buying some new toys.
Stepped into a vape shop at the end of Feb this year and bought a Cuboid with a Cubis tank. I wanted that MTL hit.
Some 6mg juice (which I thought would not be strong enough) and I was on my way.
What surprises me though is that I have not missed smoking at all, in fact I still have a packet of smokes in my car. I did have a drag of one a few weeks ago, just to check, and it tasted terrible.

Needed a smaller unit for when I am out and about - bought an iJust2 battery (Cubis sits quite nice on it)
Dont want to run out of battery power - bought another iJust2 battery and another Cubis tank.
Find myself doing more direct lung hits now - bought some 0.5 coils for the tank.
Need to try all these new juice flavours, different coil builds - RBA on it's way
and so it goes........

Way to go @GregF ! I find it strange how vaping sticks to some and not others! I think it has to do with getting the right setup and advice (which is obviously something this forum is great for), but there definitely seems to be something else involved! My best mate really wants to stop smoking. Hooked him up with great kit, an infinite supply of juices, and he just wasn't set on it.

Glad to have you on board, and well done for kicking the habit!

Hey ya'll,
I'm a forum lurker who finally decided to create an account. I am a graphic designer, a casual vaper and a games enthusiast. Virtual high-fives to you all :)
Welcome @Dominica ! A fellow gamer is always appreciated on the forums! You say casual vaper... Do you smoke / used to smoke? Or just vape for the taste?

Glad you decided to set up an account!

Hi all

and so it goes........

Nice man...I hope I have similar or better results in dropping the stinkies

Welcome @Dominica ! A fellow gamer is always appreciated on the forums! You say casual vaper... Do you smoke / used to smoke? Or just vape for the taste?

Glad you decided to set up an account!

Hi @Stosta ! Yes, when I say casual vaper I mean I never smoked cigs beyond social smoking. I enjoyed it but hated the taste and the way it makes your breath smell. :MEEH: So when I found out about vaping I picked up a Subox Mini, which I just recently replaced with a Koopor Plus and Griffin. And also by casual vaping I mean a 30ml will last me 2-3 weeks, so I don't vape much, just for the enjoyment of the juice :)

Hi @Stosta ! Yes, when I say casual vaper I mean I never smoked cigs beyond social smoking. I enjoyed it but hated the taste and the way it makes your breath smell. :MEEH: So when I found out about vaping I picked up a Subox Mini, which I just recently replaced with a Koopor Plus and Griffin. And also by casual vaping I mean a 30ml will last me 2-3 weeks, so I don't vape much, just for the enjoyment of the juice :)
The thing that always bugged me with smoking was the way my tongue felt after a night out, love the smell, after a year of smoking I couldn't taste so I can't comment on that! :rofl:

30ml used to last me ages, then I was introduced to XXX and I'm going through it at a rate! Nice kit though, what have been some of your favourite juices so far?

Nice man...I hope I have similar or better results in dropping the stinkies

My son has not had as much success as I have. He bought a Kangertech Subvod when I bought the Cuboid and he is still smoking. I have given him the Cuboid to try for a while now and it seems to be going a lot better for him.

I think you just need to find what works for you.
A box mod is great because there are a whole lot of things you can tweak (and play with) to keep you amused and trying different things.

My son has not had as much success as I have. He bought a Kangertech Subvod when I bought the Cuboid and he is still smoking. I have given him the Cuboid to try for a while now and it seems to be going a lot better for him.

I think you just need to find what works for you.
A box mod is great because there are a whole lot of things you can tweak (and play with) to keep you amused and trying different things.
I think if he got the Subvod at the same time, he probably saw the clouds you were getting out of the Cuboid and threw in the towel! But I agree, it does seem that those prepared to get into it in terms of a hobby as well as to get off the stinkies seem to have a higher success rate.

Hey ya'll,
you sound like the perfect gf...she is into vaping...gaming...and pc stuff:icon_pc: lol....

warm welcome to you Miss D...

all I can say is...shite..i wish my 30ml could last that long lol...

The thing that always bugged me with smoking was the way my tongue felt after a night out, love the smell, after a year of smoking I couldn't taste so I can't comment on that! :rofl:

30ml used to last me ages, then I was introduced to XXX and I'm going through it at a rate! Nice kit though, what have been some of your favourite juices so far?

Ha! On my subox 30ml often lasted 2 months :rofl: Going down to 2 weeks on the Griffin is quite jarring in comparison. I think the mod bug has bit me though. Got the Koopor Plus barely a month ago and I'm already looking to buy either the Snow Wolf mini (soo pretty) or the Minikin (soo small!). :O

I haven't heard of XXX juice, is it local? My favourite so far as definitely been Hazework's Scream. Still gotta get round to trying different brands, like I said I go through juice like a snail :)

Ha! On my subox 30ml often lasted 2 months :rofl: Going down to 2 weeks on the Griffin is quite jarring in comparison. I think the mod bug has bit me though. Got the Koopor Plus barely a month ago and I'm already looking to buy either the Snow Wolf mini (soo pretty) or the Minikin (soo small!). :O

I haven't heard of XXX juice, is it local? My favourite so far as definitely been Hazework's Scream. Still gotta get round to try different brands, like I said I go through juice like a snail :)
Yeah the FOMO runs through the veins of even a casual vaper! From what I've heard you won't go wrong with either of those two devices!

XXX is found here...

http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/30ml-eliquids/vapour-mountain-premium-e-liquid-30ml-x-x-x/

So it is indeed local, made by the awesome @Oupa . Its sort of a summer punch kinda vibe with a hint of menthol. I love it, bust I was smoking over a pack of menthol a day!

I haven't heard of XXX juice, is it local? My favourite so far as definitely been Hazework's Scream. Still gotta get round to trying different brands, like I said I go through juice like a snail :)
The Minikin is A1....not so small but such a beast with great battery life

Good day vapesters,

vaped twisp style ecigs for two years with no success of kicking stinkies,three months ago i did a little google-fu and was amazed to see how far vape gear has progressed and decided to dive deep, got a RX200, TFV4 and 6 batteries, my wallet quickly took strain (coils and juice) so the tinkerer in me came out, now im wrapping coils and messing with DIY juice . . . finally free from analogs, well almost, admittedly i drop the ball from time to time when liquor gets involved :O

Awesome site

We
Good day vapesters,

vaped twisp style ecigs for two years with no success of kicking stinkies,three months ago i did a little google-fu and was amazed to see how far vape gear has progressed and decided to dive deep, got a RX200, TFV4 and 6 batteries, my wallet quickly took strain (coils and juice) so the tinkerer in me came out, now im wrapping coils and messing with DIY juice . . . finally free from analogs, well almost, admittedly i drop the ball from time to time when liquor gets involved :O

Awesome site
Welcome. Glad you here.

hey guys! my name is Jarred. I've been vaping for around a year now.

I got into vaping hard, fast and passionately. Even managed to score myself a job at a local vape shop!

i run quite a few setups,

1: (my stealth vape for great flavour) my eleaf 30watt with a nautilus mini on it.
2. a 80watt tc Tuglyf black with yellow splatter.
3. 75watt TC Smok TreeBox
4. Kooper Mini 60 watt tc (old software - ive heard that the software update fries the chip /: )
5: smok Gaurdian 3 pipe mod.
6. Ijust2 battery.
7: a Tug boat mech mod clone.

then i float around a Goliath V2, a Uwell crown, a Smok Ego Cloud Tank, a kangertech subtank mini, a velocity RDA, a Pie Squared RDA and the dripper from the TugLyfe regulated mod onto whichever mod im feeling like using that day.

Really awesome to be a part of a community like this!

I got into vaping hard, fast and passionately. Even managed to score myself a job at a local vape shop!

1: (my stealth vape for great flavour) my eleaf 30watt with a nautilus mini on it.
4. Kooper Mini 60 watt tc (old software - ive heard that the software update fries the chip /: )
6. Ijust2 battery.

then i float around a Goliath V2, a Uwell crown, a Smok Ego Cloud Tank, a kangertech subtank mini, a velocity RDA, a Pie Squared RDA and the dripper from the TugLyfe regulated mod onto whichever mod im feeling like using that day.

Welcome.
Looks like you all setup. Working in a vape shop helped.
Look forward to seeing your posts

Hi All, herb1 here.
Started vaping a while back, now want to get back onto the scene but the game's gotten bigger - wow!
Really want to start so I can kick the ciggies, so I need recommendations for a vape kit that gimme the same 'hit' as the ciggie would, then I think my cravings will be satisfied.

any recommendations?

Welcome to the forum @herb1
Great that you are getting back into vaping. Wish you all the best this time round.

The other guys have given great advice. I will also vouch for the subtank mini as a tank.
Just remember to select your nicotine strength carefully and get a high enough nic strength (even 12 or 18mg) in the beginning to help with the transition from the cigarettes.

All the best
Enjoy your stay

Hi all

and so it goes........

Welcome to he forum @GregF
Congrats on the vaping and giving up the stinkies. Marvellous achievement!
You described it so well. This vaping is an amazing and fantastic thing.
Never stops and has exciting surprises around every corner
All the best for your journey!

Hey ya'll,

Welcome @Dominica
Thanks for joining after being a lurker ;-)
Saw your post about the Snow Wolf versus the Minikin. Lovely thread. Thanks, was informative.
All the best. Enjoy your stay

Good day vapesters,

Awesome site

Welcome @Scissorhands - lol on your forum name - so appropriate to vaping.
I havent used scissors this much since school. Haha

Congrats on the vaping and getting a more powerful setup
Dont worry about the odd dropping of the ball from time to time.
I am sure you are smoking much less now than before. And your lungs are probably quite thankful
Enjoy the forum

6. Ijust2 battery.

Welcome @Jarred Karp
Great choices you have on a daily basis!
Enjoy your stay

Welcome to all the new members, hope you enjoy your stay.
@GregF it is wonderful to see a 40 year habit of 40 per day kick the dust, well done

Back