Introduce Yourselves:

Hello everyone

Been vaping for about 6 months now, after I switched over from twisp. Haven't smoked a cigarette in more that a year and very happy. Currently using a Kangertech topbox mini 75w black with the standard top fill tank it came with. Just having a lot of problems with it leaking and trying to sort it out. Kinda the reason I joined the forum.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Welcome @Mender31 !

I know this tank's older brother quite well. Are you using the pre-built coils? Or are you building your own?

Welcome to the forum @Mender31.

Enjoy your stay. And please ask away. There's a lot of very seasoned vapers here that will happily assist you.

My 2 cents. If you want, replace the Kangertech set with a new 4ml Eleaf Pico Mini 75w Kit. For around R800 you will get a great vaping experience.

Hello everyone

Been vaping for about 6 months now, after I switched over from twisp. Haven't smoked a cigarette in more that a year and very happy. Currently using a Kangertech topbox mini 75w black with the standard top fill tank it came with. Just having a lot of problems with it leaking and trying to sort it out. Kinda the reason I joined the forum.

Welcome @Mender31
Congrats on the year without stinkies. Great achievement!!
I also use the predecessor the Subtank Mini V2 (without topfill) and i use the RBA base with a custom coil and wick. Has been working so well for me for so long. No leaking whatsoever.

Maybe one of your o-rings is a bit loose or perished and you need to change it?
Let us know where its leaking from and maybe someone can advise you

Hahaha thanx so much everyone! I'm currently using prebuilt coils but I found some sort of fix on why they are causing the leak as the bottom part of the prebuilt is not entirely finished off so a part of the coil leg sticks out at the bottom.

However this is to what the internet has told me is causing the leak. But mine leaks even after I've applied the fix just much less. The tank has somehow leaked at the top as well by the part where I put juice in. I clean it thoroughly after filling so it shouldn't leak but it leaks by the afternoon after filling it that morning.

I tried the rba and it just lead to utter disappointment. Used Ka1 clapton wire and coil master cotton. Leaked all over the place and got mouthfulls of juice when it tried to hit...

Hahaha thanx so much everyone! I'm currently using prebuilt coils but I found some sort of fix on why they are causing the leak as the bottom part of the prebuilt is not entirely finished off so a part of the coil leg sticks out at the bottom.

However this is to what the internet has told me is causing the leak. But mine leaks even after I've applied the fix just much less. The tank has somehow leaked at the top as well by the part where I put juice in. I clean it thoroughly after filling so it shouldn't leak but it leaks by the afternoon after filling it that morning.

I tried the rba and it just lead to utter disappointment. Used Ka1 clapton wire and coil master cotton. Leaked all over the place and got mouthfulls of juice when it tried to hit...

I am not the best leak fixer @Mender31 but i can fully appreciate your frustration. Maybe check the o-rings or try replace them. Otherwise, feel free to start a thread in the following subforum and lets see if we can get the experts to help you out:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/need-vape-advice-expert/

If you do start a thread there, post a few close-up photos of the tank and the coil. That usually helps to uncover the problem

Hello everyone

Welcome @Mender31

I struggled with my Topbox for almost 7 months before I got it sorted, even after watching all the damn videos on youtube. My current solution which is working satisfactory:
I am assuming you are using the RBA base
1st I drilled the super-tiny juice-holes (in the coil chamber) to 3mm, just ask an engineering workshop to help out. HG Molenaar in Paarl should be able, I think...
2. I build a 7 wrap 28gauge SS coil 2.5mm, it comes to 0.6-0.7 ohm
3. Wicking: Put the wick through one of the juice-holes then through the coil then out the other juice-hole. Then put the coil-chamber in position. Pull the wick straight and fasten the chamber. Now thin out the protruding wick, a lot. snip the ends short.
4. I normally vape in TC 225 deg C.

I've attached a photo, sorry my tank is full. I'll post a pic later with the glass removed so you can see better.
20170302_073205.jpg

Hey I'm z3r0 just wanted to intro myself. Been vaping for 4 months now and I've been loving it.
I vape everyday and haven't stopped yet. Just happy to be apart of the community :D

Hey I'm z3r0 just wanted to intro myself. Been vaping for 4 months now and I've been loving it.
I vape everyday and haven't stopped yet. Just happy to be apart of the community :D
Welcome @z3r0 !

What kit are you using at the moment? And is your handle a nod to Borderlands? :-D

Welcome @z3r0 !

What kit are you using at the moment? And is your handle a nod to Borderlands? :-D
I'm using a starter kit, Eleaf iJust S. Its a great device only had problems with leakage through the air holes

I'm using a starter kit, Eleaf iJust S. Its a great device only had problems with leakage through the air holes
That is a great piece of kit, really user friendly! I think most tanks leak at some point in their lives.

That is a great piece of kit, really user friendly! I think most tanks leak at some point in their lives.
Yeah my friend, who introduced me to vaping, also told me about leakage problems but I got a bit curious as to why a new vape would leak after only being used for a month. I suspect the coils that are build for the iJust S are faulty or maybe its just me bad luck...... Oh and z3r0 is just a gaming name I use, nothing special.

I haven't tried cookie juice yet... maybe I should try that next!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi vapers. I am new to the forum. Just thought i would introduce myself. I stay in George in the hart of the Garden Route. Have been vaping now for about 3 years and a few months. Been through many mods in the last couple of years. And this is what i have been vaping on lately and am absolutly loving it. Eleaf Aster paired with the Vaporesso Target pro tank.
4d5bc17e9c8f47b77e89e27ac34b1f5b.jpg
Happy vaping and keep the clouds chuking

Hi @Fishvapes and welcome to the forum...

Hi Guys n gals, I'm Diether from Cape Town. Started vaping in May 2016, and have not smoked since. My favourite all-day device is the small iStick Pico with a Tugboat RDA, mostly puffing on 26/34 home-made clapton coils at about 0.6 Ohms at 55W. The e-juices I mix myself and am down to 2.5mg nic in 80/20 VG/PG.My favourite commercial juice is Orion The Belt.

Hi @Diether and welcome to the forum

Hi All

I started vaping about 6 weeks ago when I got myself the iStick Pico kit with the Melo III mini, and I've only smoked ciggies once since then. I'm Really enjoying it, just bought the Smok Baby Beast and V8 Baby RBA today, I'm planning on building my own coils soon.

Glad to be part of the "Vaping Community"

Hello @Kamogelo and welcome to the forum. Good luck with the building... It's a really fun pass time

Hi guys.

So as with most I am fairly new to vaping. Been vaping for around 2 months now, initially started to quit smoking and successfully did about 2 weeks ago. From 40 stinkies a day to 30ml a day sounds like a fair trade of. I have a ijusts, just sold my kangertech mini and recently bought a RX2/3 with a gemini. But still prefer the simplicity of the ijust for daily use. Love biscuits, custards and those type of juices

Only recently learned about the forum and hope to learn even more and hopefully at some stage in the future contribute in some way.

Hello @Cornelius and welcome to the forum. Pretty decent set up you got there... Enjoy the journey

Welcome to the forum
@Pozzi
@Mender31
@z3r0
Loving how busy you guys are so far.
Read this thread yesterday, 3 new members later and it takes an hour to get through all the new posts!
LOVE IT!!
You guys will fit right in.

PS- if you hate that your bank account is full, head over to the "vape mail" section. That'll fix your problem quickly

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Relatively new to the vape scene, I bought an evic vtc mini as my first mod last year, but it was too much of a hassle with all the settings and leaking so I gave it away

Now I have an ego one and really enjoying it! Haven't had a Marlboro in a week and already eyeing out the ijust s...

Hello @Pozzi and welcome to the forum. Keep it up buddy, stay strong... It will all pay off in the end

Hello everyone

Hello @Mender31 and welcome to the forum... This is most certainly the correct place to come with a pocket full of questions!! Good luck

Back