Introduce Yourselves:

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to @Dew Drop Vaping_Roxy and @Tashreeq14
Nice setup you have there @Dew Drop Vaping_Roxy Most of us started on the old Twisp device before we "saw the light" and received advice from the "learned ones" on this amazing forum.
Well Done to you @Tashreeq14 A month and a half of the stinkies, great achievement, as I stated above, you will learn a great deal from the members here, I still am, welcome to the vaping life and I wish you all the success in your new life-style choice.

@DarkSide thanx alot I really feel that the choice I made is going to be a great 1... dont stink around other people anymore and dont have to worry about my smelly clothes because of the stinkies... and now all you smell in me is the clouds that I have been blowing its amazing thanx

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

hi guys... im officially a month and 2 weeks off the stinkies and im telling you it is an amazing feeling and I will not by any chance go back to it... thanks to all on here... just by reading all the motivation it clicked to me that I need to stop aswell so thanx to all even though you guys never new but use are inspiring thanx you

Welcome @Tashreeq14
Great going and congrats on the month and 2 weeks!
You are right, the great people on this forum play a major motivating role in helping new vapers to stop smoking.
All the best for your journey!

Hello all. I am new to the vaping scene and funny thing is i don't even smoke. I was introduced to vaping by my brother (hands) to it over my holiday period when i visited him. I must say from a non smoker perspective. The taste of a vape is a lot better than the occasional hookah that i was offered by a friend. And the clouds are just amazing. Now as you have read above i am a non smoker that is new to this vape scene. What would you recommend for me to use as an occasional vape would be enjoyed. I have R1000 to spend and would like to maybe slowly build up to a fully customizable unit in the future. And also to self made juices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all. I am new to the vaping scene and funny thing is i don't even smoke. I was introduced to vaping by my brother (hands) to it over my holiday period when i visited him. I must say from a non smoker perspective. The taste of a vape is a lot better than the occasional hookah that i was offered by a friend. And the clouds are just amazing. Now as you have read above i am a non smoker that is new to this vape scene. What would you recommend for me to use as an occasional vape would be enjoyed. I have R1000 to spend and would like to maybe slowly build up to a fully customizable unit in the future. And also to self made juices.

And a very warm welcome to the site @antonherbst! Enjoy your vaping journey! :b1:

Hi @antonherbst , welcome.

Your brother is a talented genius!

Now onto your situation. Vaping is no doubt great and can be a wonderful hobby. For those that dont smoke or vape, taking up vaping I think is miles better than taking up smoking.

But, if you are not a smoker, i would suggest you consider not starting with vaping at all. What for? Its not like you need to use vaping to give up smoking.

If you do want to give it a go, my advice would be to stay on zero nicotine juices.

Hi @antonherbst , welcome.

Your brother is a talented genius!

Now onto your situation. Vaping is no doubt great and can be a wonderful hobby. For those that dont smoke or vape, taking up vaping I think is miles better than taking up smoking.

But, if you are not a smoker, i would suggest you consider not starting with vaping at all. What for? Its not like you need to use vaping to give up smoking.

If you do want to give it a go, my advice would be to stay on zero nicotine juices.

Thanks for the warm welcome and yes i would definitely look at the 0% juices. But as you say why start at all? It would definitely be more of a casual enjoyment on the odd occasion than to break the habit of cigarette smoking.

A warm welcome to you @antonherbst
This is a really great community and the folks here are truly amazing.
Wishing you well on your vaping journey.

From one non-smoker to another - Welcome! I have found vaping zero-nic juices to be a very social activity, and I'm sure you will too. (These ex-smokers just don't understand :D)

Check out the beginner section for good advice on what you can get started on. I started on an iJust 2 last year, so the current iteration would be the iJust S, I guess. Be warned though - mods are as addictive as the nicotine these guys vape (I've spent more money than I care to admit on devices this past year). ;)

As for flavours, you are gonna have a hoot. The local scene is full of good quality juices, and a HUGE range of flavours (until you start DIY, which is another ball game). I tend to go for the dessert juices myself, as my current diet frowns on actually eating them... but you'll find your own in time. Don't be afraid to try out flavours just because they sound weird - some of the best flavours I have just don't seem right when you read the flavour profile.

That's it then! Have fun, and again, welcome to the world of vaping!

Hi

Yaz here from Cape Town.

Been off the stinkies for just over a month now and been vaping for just over a month too! :) So very much a beginner, but absolutely loving it!

I'm currently using an iJust S purchased from Vape Cartel, which is great! My current selection of juice includes Paulie's Coffee Cake, Sugar Cone's Hazelnut, Milk and Honey, E-Liquid Project's General Custerd and E-Liquid Project's Cowboys Apple Pie (been through close on 150ml of this already :D)

I'm desperately seeking a backup/upgrade device, as a I dread ANYTHING happening to current device (I DO NOT intend having another stinky!) and I'm also keen on chasing some clouds! I'll start a new thread regarding this though :)

Great forum this is! Been doing lots of reading so far!

Welcome @antonherbst as a good start I would recomend a Eleaf Pico starter kit and it fall right in you price range R600 to R1000 depending which vendor you buy from. The melo 3 tank is awesome and easy to maintain.

The fun thing is its a 75 W setup that you can build on, well fit any 510 tank or any of the other acronyms(rba,rda, rta rbdta) to.

Its a nice, small and comfy setup and if you just get the mod and a baby beast (tfv8) you'll be puffing like Thomas the train....

Happy vaping

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hi

Yaz here from Cape Town.

Been off the stinkies for just over a month now and been vaping for just over a month too! :) So very much a beginner, but absolutely loving it!

I'm currently using an iJust S purchased from Vape Cartel, which is great! My current selection of juice includes Paulie's Coffee Cake, Sugar Cone's Hazelnut, Milk and Honey, E-Liquid Project's General Custerd and E-Liquid Project's Cowboys Apple Pie (been through close on 150ml of this already :D)

I'm desperately seeking a backup/upgrade device, as a I dread ANYTHING happening to current device (I DO NOT intend having another stinky!) and I'm also keen on chasing some clouds! I'll start a new thread regarding this though :)

Great forum this is! Been doing lots of reading so far!

Welcome to the forum @EdeezaY
Congrats on the vaping! You doing a great thing.
Wishing you all the best for your vaping journey from here
Good idea to get a backup device - you definitely need one... or maybe a few.... ;-)

PS - Saw your other thread and have responded

Been lurking around a while but never did introduce myself.

I'm Wesley from a little town called Eshowe surrounding a Forrest and surrounded by farms. Been vaping for close to a year now. started on some Chinese egos (4 of them) then went on to build a basic VW Arduino mod. Earlier this year I went and picked up a RX200s and also jumped on the DIY mixing bandwagon.

Other than that photography, electronics, computers, a little coding, building things and studying are all (somehow) balanced between my spare time.

Welcome @tekk.ninja

Its really awesome how peeps around here make you feel welcome on the first day! Big ups and... welcome to the dark side! lol.

A sincere greeting to one and all - thank you Silver for your warm welcome on Sunday - live in Pinetown - age 53 - smoked since 9 years old - bombed the process cold turkey on 11/9/16 and onto 0mg eJuices. Daughter brought Eleaf iStick 40W and Kangertech Subtank Mini with 1 x Boss Reserve 3mg from USA last year for Christmas present - started playing with the process in June/July - researched market and was soon on my way into the vaping world and cheers to smoking - have been shopping up a storm and just received new eVic VTwo Mini and about to commission my Gemini 22mm RTA - Please can a fellow vaper confirm the configuration of the 2 x Clapton Coils supplied with the Tank Kit - with particular reference to the gauge of the wires used and the wire materials - thanks again and I will say - the service received from the various suppliers has been absolutely brilliant and totally totally AWESOME...

Greetings and a warm welcome to all the new members @antonherbst @EdeezaY @Max
I hope you enjoy your stay here, best forum to "hang-out in" and to learn, I am sure Big Tobacco is getting really worried....

Hi there,

My name is Kobus. I've been vaping for about 6 months, my Smok has been smok'in some serious clouds.

Juice I like: Mr. Hardwick Smacroon's, Mystic Nectar Silkworm, Hazework Scream

I've ventured into the DIY Juice and I'm loving it.

A sincere greeting to one and all - thank you Silver for your warm welcome on Sunday - live in Pinetown - age 53 - smoked since 9 years old - bombed the process cold turkey on 11/9/16 and onto 0mg eJuices. Daughter brought Eleaf iStick 40W and Kangertech Subtank Mini with 1 x Boss Reserve 3mg from USA last year for Christmas present - started playing with the process in June/July - researched market and was soon on my way into the vaping world and cheers to smoking - have been shopping up a storm and just received new eVic VTwo Mini and about to commission my Gemini 22mm RTA - Please can a fellow vaper confirm the configuration of the 2 x Clapton Coils supplied with the Tank Kit - with particular reference to the gauge of the wires used and the wire materials - thanks again and I will say - the service received from the various suppliers has been absolutely brilliant and totally totally AWESOME...

Great to hear @Max !
Wishing you all the best from here on.
I am not familiar with the Gemini tank but am sure some Gemini users will chime in...
Happy vaping

Hi there,

My name is Kobus. I've been vaping for about 6 months, my Smok has been smok'in some serious clouds.

Juice I like: Mr. Hardwick Smacroon's, Mystic Nectar Silkworm, Hazework Scream

I've ventured into the DIY Juice and I'm loving it.

Welcome to the forum @BaD Mountain
Congrats on the 6 months and the clouds!
Enjoy your stay

Hi all. Been vaping fornover a month. Cant get enough. Running tarrot 200w mod with mage rda. Loving it to bits. However one can always use with a good upgrade.
yes you definitely can... its never even to try out anything that you would want... it will either not be for you or it will... but its never a bad decision its only what you make of it... so good lucj with your next upgrade and keep blowing them

Fantastic to see you made it onto the forum. This place is dangerous and might just open up a hole in your wallet as it is packed full of vaping enthusiast.

Well i got my starter kit today and loving the flavor. If it does burn a hole in my pocket it would just add to the other many hobbies that is doing it already.

4115d1465c50e1af8d8a2f26f16c9e71.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, went from 50 camels a day (for the past 12 years) to vaping and only vaping. Haven't had a cigarette in 5 months but if I don't succeed in mixing my own juice I'm afraid I might just abandon vaping... Here mainly to get help with mixing!

Back