Introduce Yourselves:

Hi All,

Quit cigarettes on 4 July and went on to vaping on a Twisp Clearo for two weeks. Got the Smok AIO shortly after that then a friend gave me an iStick Pico shortly after that.

Bought a RTA about two weeks ago and economically building my own coils now. Started DIY as well with the juice (Even though I am all about supporting local juice vendors and still buy juice 50% of the time, it gets heavy on the pocket).

Got a few flavor concentrates today and mixed up 4x recipes earlier this evening, can't wait to try them.

What I like about vaping:

- The taste. 10x better than cigarettes
- Experimenting - DIY juice, coil building, different tanks and MOD's etc. Can be costly but it's like any other hobby.
- Millions of flavors and recipes. Big variety
- Healthier (Probably debatable but from many articles I've read it seems current research proves it's healthier)

What I am concerned about:

- Diactyl
- Acetyl Propionyl
- Acetoin
- I love dessert creamy flavours and am always looking for alternatives to flavour concentrates that contain any of the above
- I know that popcorn lung only affected a few of the factory workers in the research that warns vapers about Diacetyl, but I can't help always wondering about it. I just wish credible research can prove and be published internationally with the acceptance of all parties that we do not have to fear it
- Long term health effects - Same as above. Want my mind at ease that I am not doing any harm to myself
- With that being said - we harm ourselves in many ways. Drinking alcohol, eating unhealthy food, not exercising regularly etc

All and all, I love vaping. I am always surrounded by clouds and really enjoy it. The vaping community is friendly and uplifting. Great forum and a lot to be learnt on here. Thanks for that!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum @Wimmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, names Mike :)

Third times the charm I hope with vaping :D

Threw away my last packet of smokes a week ago and haven't been tempted to go back ( thanks joyetech )

Hope to keep it that way and be apart of this forum :cool:

Hi there, names Mike :)

Third times the charm I hope with vaping :D

Threw away my last packet of smokes a week ago and haven't been tempted to go back ( thanks joyetech )

Hope to keep it that way and be apart of this forum :cool:

Welcome and well done! I'm on week 3 without the stinkies and it feels great not to be smelling like an ashtray.

Hi Guys, names Sarushan.

I just realised that I never introduced myself on the forum, my apologies for that. Signed up as a member 2 or so months ago but I haven't logged in since this week. :( My bad. Going to try and be more active on the forum.

Anyway, I completely quit the stinkies in February this year. I've been vaping and smoking in conjunction for about 3 years. Finally decided to quit the smokes completely once i discovered the hobbyist side of vaping and the rest is history. I'm glad to say I don't even crave a smoke anymore. I've used 3 different twisp devices and been on a eleaf iStick TC 60 watt until my last pack of smokes

I'm currently rocking an Ammit 25 on the smok al85, looking to upgrade to a charon. On my other set up I'm using a Vandy Vape Icon RDA sitting atop a Voopoo Drag, I must say I'm loving the Voopoo Icon set up, flavour for days mense!!!:--P.

Anyhow great to be here:aplastao:

Hi Guys, names Sarushan.

I just realised that I never introduced myself on the forum, my apologies for that. Signed up as a member 2 or so months ago but I haven't logged in since this week. :( My bad. Going to try and be more active on the forum.

Anyway, I completely quit the stinkies in February this year. I've been vaping and smoking in conjunction for about 3 years. Finally decided to quit the smokes completely once i discovered the hobbyist side of vaping and the rest is history. I'm glad to say I don't even crave a smoke anymore. I've used 3 different twisp devices and been on a eleaf iStick TC 60 watt until my last pack of smokes

I'm currently rocking an Ammit 25 on the smok al85, looking to upgrade to a charon. On my other set up I'm using a Vandy Vape Icon RDA sitting atop a Voopoo Drag, I must say I'm loving the Voopoo Icon set up, flavour for days mense!!!:--P.

Most welcome @SarushanP. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a great achievement. Vaping is a great hobby - wait until you get into DIY! Happy vaping.

Most welcome @SarushanP. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a great achievement. Vaping is a great hobby - wait until you get into DIY! Happy vaping.

Thank you very much sir. Yes I am DIYing already, and loving it... getting into lots of fights with my chick because of it:p.

Hi Guys, names Sarushan.

A belated welcome to you. A fellow flavor chaser.:thumbup:

Hi everyone, I joined up recently and I've been posting and replying and asking - but I haven't even introduced myself. How rude can you get?? The name is Laurel and I'm not hardy. First off the mark - I LOVE VAPING! It's become my latest obsession and since I don't work, I chain-vape all day long! Let's just go back in time a little. I gave up smoking about 3 years ago, but I didn't give up nicotine. Instead, I switched to Nicorette (nicotine chewing gum). Since then I've been walking around like a cow chewing the cud. I've been called a cow before, so I thought I may as well look like one too. Recently, I decided to give my hardworking jaws a break and I bought Vinto Vape e-cigs. Turns out they were just the first intersection on my road to bliss - vaping!! I don't know anyone who vapes, so why did I go along that route? A little bird just whispered in my ear. Well, birds often sit on cows. I've started at the bottom (a good place to start) with an iJust S and I merrily vape myself into a coma every day. I've been using 3mg nicotine most of the time, sometimes 0mg. Since it's the flavours that have got me hooked, I reckon now is the time to wean myself off nicotine. I've just gone a little beserk in ordering 0mg juice - it's so easy online - and I expect to be declared bankrupt soon. My plan is to buy another device and have one for 3mg and one for 0mg - that is, until my stock of 3mg is finished. And that's me, discovering a whole new world of vaping! Love the vaping, love the discovering, love the learning! And, before I end this rambling intro, let me introduce you to Kena - one of my beloved dogs. She's the sweetest little girl in the whole wide world!

Last edited:
Hi there. Fairly new to this. Actually ended up placing an order for a a device then another while shopping online at Loot. :-D
Started using a Twisp ION a few months back but since moved to a Twisp Vega Mini. After reading on here, did i realise they are actually Joyetech devices rebranded.
I have been using tobacco and litchi/pear liquids which have finished. Ended up on this forum due to not being able to get a flavour that i am happy with from Twisp.. i guess its journey now... :happy:
The vega mini is a 2 days old and i have not yet used it properly.

And what a great journey it is, particularly finding great flavours. I just wish that one could buy sample packs of 10ml bottles, but I guess the manufacturers wouldn't want to do that. It's far better for them to have you buy a 30ml bottle, discover that you don't like it, then go back to buy more! Money makes the world go round ...

And what a great journey it is, particularly finding great flavours. I just wish that one could buy sample packs of 10ml bottles, but I guess the manufacturers wouldn't want to do that. It's far better for them to have you buy a 30ml bottle, discover that you don't like it, then go back to buy more! Money makes the world go round ...
That is exactly the reason why you should consider going into DIY liquid. Can make your own sample until you get something liquid you like and then mix a big bottle. Also the cost involved in mixing is a fraction of the cost buying ready made liquids. Initial start up will cost a bit more but once you have all the essentials you are good to go.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hey there

Name is Roman and I've been valuing for about a year and a half.

Live in Jhb and work in the IT world.

Been mixing my own juice for almost a year now and looking to start my own juice line some day

Awesome forum, already got help from a few of the peeps on here

Hey there

Name is Roman and I've been valuing for about a year and a half.

Live in Jhb and work in the IT world.

Been mixing my own juice for almost a year now and looking to start my own juice line some day

Awesome forum, already got help from a few of the peeps on here
Welcome to the forum Roman!

Always nice to have new members, and especially when they come with a years' worth of DIY knowledge! I myself will be trying to get into DIY again, so I hope that you can give me some help when that time comes!

Wow, you mis a couple of days, and boom, New members by the ton.
Welcome all the new members. You have come across a wealth of knowledge here, all you have to do is ask!

Wow, you mis a couple of days, and boom, New members by the ton.
Welcome all the new members. You have come across a wealth of knowledge here, all you have to do is ask!

That is exactly the reason why you should consider going into DIY liquid. Can make your own sample until you get something liquid you like and then mix a big bottle. Also the cost involved in mixing is a fraction of the cost buying ready made liquids. Initial start up will cost a bit more but once you have all the essentials you are good to go.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes, I'd like to try making my own, but want to gain more knowledge of vaping per se before I try. It's on my bucket list!

Welcome to the forum Roman!

Always nice to have new members, and especially when they come with a years' worth of DIY knowledge! I myself will be trying to get into DIY again, so I hope that you can give me some help when that time comes!
Will be happy to share some knowledge on the diy side

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Love your motto/slogan "Be yourself .... " Amusing - and true! How do I go about putting a slogan with my name?

Hi:wave1: ErryBody
im not new to vaping but new to the Forum.
been vaping over a year and half never touched a Cigarette:sick: since then.
had a few Starter Kits.
iJust ONE Starter Kit
eleaf icare mini Starter Kit
The Vape King Trion Starter Kit
The Joye eGo AIO Box Starter Kit

now on the Smok Al85 still getting use to it. would like some advice on it having coil issues

Love your motto/slogan "Be yourself .... " Amusing - and true! How do I go about putting a slogan with my name?
You have to edit your profile.
I did it on a pc, so not sure where to do it on taptalk

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Back