JHB Vape Meet #5

Hi all,

Being a newbie type person, I'd obviously like to come but what exactly happens at a vape meet?

Is there stuff for sale/show and tell etc?

Is there a fee to join?

Being new and not knowing anybody yet is a wee bit daunting.

Hi all,

Being a newbie type person, I'd obviously like to come but what exactly happens at a vape meet?

Is there a fee to join?

There is lots on show on the day. No fee to join. It's the perfect place for a newbie to be :) lots can be learnt on the day.

No don't worry @Kent90 Vape Meets are tons of fun, and there are lots of products to see and try, and crazy people having lots of fun and geeking out - just do it, you definitely won't be sorry!

Stroodle Are we going to be setting up competitions again?

I am happy to judge coil building again.

I won't be entering cloud chasing though.

I may enter "Vajazzle my Kayfun" :)

No don't worry @Kent90 Vape Meets are tons of fun, and there are lots of products to see and try, and crazy people having lots of fun and geeking out - just do it, you definitely won't be sorry!

Stroodle Are we going to be setting up competitions again?

I am happy to judge coil building again.

I won't be entering cloud chasing though.

I may enter "Vajazzle my Kayfun" :)
Yip will sort comps out tomorrow things have been so hectic I feel like I have left it a bit late this time but we will manage.

Hi all,

Is there a fee to join?

Hi there Kent

In a nutshell, a vape meet is a get together of members/friends/family for a fun filled vaping experience.

You will get to meet all the awesome people behind the usernames.

You will get to learn about new devices or can get first hand info, on devices you're interested in by chatting to other members and retailers.

The retailers haven't been confirmed yet but you will also be able to purchase new hardware, e liquid and everything else vape related.

Did I mention that you're gonna have a BLAST? :D

No fees, required to be there. You'll only be paying for whatever drinks/food you order and of course, whatever new goodies you might purchase.

I know it might be daunting, but you're obviously welcome to bring friends and family with you on the day. The more the merrier :D

Yes - and bring a credit card with a very low spending limit. Vape Meets are definitely not 'disposable income' friendly environments :shake:

RSVP'ed - This should be fun, looking forward to my first vape meet :D (I'm really curious to see a Reo, feel it in hand and maybe, if someone is willing, have a few puffs since I am hearing good things about the Reomizer. Will bring my own drip tips of course)

How are on-the-spot transactions for purchases handled? Card Device/Laptop + Payfast?

I have a feeling I am going to spend some money judging from the pictures posted from the previous vape meet

RSVP'ed - This should be fun, looking forward to my first vape meet :D (I'm really curious to see a Reo, feel it in hand and maybe, if someone is willing, have a few puffs since I am hearing good things about the Reomizer. Will bring my own drip tips of course)

I'll more than gladly let you have a few toots off Eva on the day :D

Just don't blame me for what happens to your wallet a few days after that :p #Reoville

Hi All
So here are the details of the Vape Meet which have been confirmed:

Date: 30th August 2014 at 14:00 - Vendors and staff are requested to be there at 13:00
Venue: The Alibi
Competitions:
Cloud Blowing Competition number 3 - Prizes to be announced
Judges for the competition: To be announced

Coil Building competition - Prizes to be announced
Judges to be anounced

Lucky Draw - Vendors please email sharri@ecigssa.co.za should you wish to sponsor prizes, I have emailed numerous other vendors from the above email address offering them tables and requesting prizes

Vendor Tables - Vendors should you wish to have a table at the Vape meet please email sharri@ecigssa.co.za to book your table, vendors are requested to come at 13:00 to set up.

Taste Box collection: Please bring juices for our 3 Taste Boxes travelling the country. Vendors are also more than welcome to give of their juices. Make sure the bottles are secure and well marked with nicotine content, etcetera.

PIF gear collection: Bring any vaping gear you wish to donate to PIF. This gear will be handed to PIF Boss @TylerD at the end of the day.

Photographer/Videographer: Non -forum member

More details will be announced as time goes on:

As it Stands the Vendor Tables are as follows:

Vape King
Skyblue Vaping
Vape Club

Please dont forget to press the RSVP button on the first post of this thread should you wish to attend. Lets try beat the 121 mark we made last time.

Last edited:
Rsvp +1 @Snakeza

Calisto in boksburg said we can use their place for vape meet next round
They have enough space upstairs and separate downstairs area as well, no fees according to the guy unless we requesting a particular menu then 50% payment on the food is required

Rsvp +1 @Snakeza

They have enough space upstairs and separate downstairs area as well, no fees according to the guy unless we requesting a particular menu then 50% payment on the food is required

Nice one :) Will keep that in mind

Rsvp +1 @Snakeza

+1 for this. (closer to me:-D:-D)

Please all click the rsvp button on the front page

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Back