Loco Flavours Beta Testing - Valley Vapour

Hi All, if you would like, i can create a group on whatsapp to chat about this also? Let me know. would be great to have an interactive group with the LOCO Beta concentrates as discussion.

I just got mine already as well, I've done the whipped cream tests on several and will do some single testers now.

@Dinxster Received them this morning, thank you.
Had a quick sniff and they smell really good and strong (with the exception of passion fruit which smelt like ass), I suspect percentages will be low. The coffee has a fantastic smell, that with hazelnut and Vienna cream is gonna pop, but that's for later first to try them all as single flavours.
Ha ha ha! Reeeeeally looking forward to hear how you find the passion fruit tastes :-D:asz:

Package recieved, thank you!

Quickly took a sniff of each and they are smelling devine.

Looking forward to testing these.

e31373e63badfdc1cf281812ce301952.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just got mine too

IMG_2666.JPG

After a simple sniff test the guava smells amazing as does the mango, the shortbread just smells yum. The cream Soda smells pretty much spot on too.

I'm looking forward to playing around with these.

Passion fruit actually smells fantastic to me. Milktart though... nah ah something died in that bottle. Will have to do taste test, but a little worried about that one now.

I received mine today too - thank you so much @Dinxster . After a quick sniff test and back of the hand taster, the most alluring are Brown Sugar, Condensed Milk and Raspberry. Passion Fruit smells and tastes like the opposite of ass to me, so I'm looking forward to that one too. Going to mix up some testers this weekend and give them a whirl.

Verdict so far :
Cream soda is a keeper at 5+%
Rasberry good on his own at 8+% but might need something like whipped or Bavarian cream to mellow the sweetness. Smells just like sparletta raspberry but tastes 70% the part. Got a slight aftertaste (not bad) but spoils the flavour a little.

Not one tobacco flavor in there?! Discrimination, that's what it is. Off topic perhaps, but why struggle to get %'s etc on unknown brands, when there are such great tried and tested brands available?

Because when regulation comes in we have local concentrates to still play with when we cant import. Then atleast we will know what percentage to work with.

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-UL00 using Tapatalk

Because when regulation comes in we have local concentrates to still play with when we cant import. Then atleast we will know what percentage to work with.

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-UL00 using Tapatalk
This, and coz its fun

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I got mine the day after a third of my house washed away, so I will be getting to them as soon as possible, but it's going to be a lil' while, thanks for getting them out so quick!

Yeah ill be back home tomorrow and then ill collect my package at the Security Guards. Really want to test the Coffee flavor.

Loco Apple

Mixed at 3%, 6% and 8% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45 and 50W

Notes: if you are looking for a crisp, tart, in-yer-face Granny Smith apple, this is not the concentrate you want. My initial cream test (two drops of the concentrate in a spoonful of whipped cream) suggested a dark red and softer Star King type of apple and that is how it vapes too. This is not green Fizz Pop candy apple, it aims to be authentic and does a very passable job of it. There are no sour or acidic notes in this at all, just the mild and mellow sweetness of Golden Delicious or Star King apple juice. I didn't detect any off notes or perfume/chemical character. For me, it is a moderately appealing flavour but too subdued and sweet to be a standalone. However, it should shine in the more usual role of apple juice as a sweetener/blender in fruit juice mixes, or a key ingredient in ciders and apple pies.

Recommended percentage: I wouldn't go over 5% standalone. I sampled as high as 8% but developed a slight headache after extended vaping at that percentage, which is always a sign that I've overdone the flavour strength. I expect this flavour will be more commonly used around 1% to smooth and sweeten fruit juice blends.

Rating: 3/5 as a standalone, 4/5 as a versatile mixer

Recommend to a friend: as a versatile blending ingredient, definitely. Just don't expect it to be a single-flavour ADV.

Loco Apple

Mixed at 3%, 6% and 8% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45 and 50W

Notes: if you are looking for a crisp, tart, in-yer-face Granny Smith apple, this is not the concentrate you want. My initial cream test (two drops of the concentrate in a spoonful of whipped cream) suggested a dark red and softer Star King type of apple and that is how it vapes too. This is not green Fizz Pop candy apple, it aims to be authentic and does a very passable job of it. There are no sour or acidic notes in this at all, just the mild and mellow sweetness of Golden Delicious or Star King apple juice. I didn't detect any off notes or perfume/chemical character. For me, it is a moderately appealing flavour but too subdued and sweet to be a standalone. However, it should shine in the more usual role of apple juice as a sweetener/blender in fruit juice mixes, or a key ingredient in ciders and apple pies.

Recommended percentage: I wouldn't go over 5% standalone. I sampled as high as 8% but developed a slight headache after extended vaping at that percentage, which is always a sign that I've overdone the flavour strength. I expect this flavour will be more commonly used around 1% to smooth and sweeten fruit juice blends.

Rating: 3/5 as a standalone, 4/5 as a versatile mixer

Recommend to a friend: as a versatile blending ingredient, definitely. Just don't expect it to be a single-flavour ADV.

I havent vaped this @RichJB - but that was extremely well explained!
Very informative - i can imagine it just by reading what you wrote

Apple

Mixed at 3%-6% 70/30 3mg
Tested in Tfv8 Q2 and Melo 3 Mini 0.3Ohm-0.4Ohm 30W-45W

It's quite an authentic Apple flavour, there is not synthetic aftertaste.
The initial taste is a very slight tartness followed a sweet apple note.
At 6% it can work as a standalone but lacks the depth to be an ADV. It will work very well in a mix as either dominate flavour or as a base. I mixed it with koolada and again with Dragonfruit with good results (6% and 5% respectively)

Recommended Percentages: As a standalone 6% will give you a good fruit hit. As a blend 2-3% should be fine for most recipes.

Rating: 4 out of 5 very versatile and will not overpower you other fruits

Recommend to friends: Yes, it does what it says on the label

Loco Peach

Mixed at 3%-5% 70/30 3mg
Tested in TF 8 Q2 and Melo 3 Mini 0.3ohm-0.4ohm 30-45W

This is a very strong flavour, it is uncompromisingly dominate.
It's not an authentic peach but rather a Beechies Chewing gum type peach. It will work well as a fruit base with other strong flavours but at a low percentage.
It does not work at all as a standalone.
The flavour carries through on inhale and exhale but the slightly musk note never quite leaves.

Recommended Percentages: Doubtful that you'll want it as a standalone but even at 5% it wasn't a taste that I could take all day.
As a blend this should work well at 2-3% the strong flavour will carry through and enhance any fruit blend.

Rating: Standalone 1 out of 5
Mix 4 out of 5

Recommend: Definitely

@Dinxster If you guys decide to go ahead with the Loco line, what would their pricing be like in comparison to the imported ranges?

Oh and on a side note, I used the Loco Peach in a Sinful dragon recipe and it subs beautifully for the TFA peach, vaped them side by side and if anything I probably prefer the Loco version as opposed to the original recipe.

Loco Coffee :
Mixed at 40/60 PG/VG and 3mg nic.

At 8% + it can be used as a standalone if you are a serious coffee fan and don't like the strong coffee flavour. I have a few coffee concentrates and the closest it comes to one of them is a slightly watered down version of FlavourArt Coffee Espresso. Will definitely be put to better use in achieving that coffee undertone in a recipe. It's not pungent at all and I get the sense that it lacks that "fullness" aspect.
You certainly experience coffee on the inhale and exhale (slightly more).
Not a harsh flavour and thus comfortable to vape.

Rating:
Standalone : 2 out of 5
Recipe additive : 3 out of 5 :buenrollo:

Personal feeling : Would I buy this ......... not with current coffee flavours available.

Last edited:
Passion fruit :

Mixed as a standalone also at 8%. Somewhere between the mangled mix of foreign flavours there is a hint of some fruits that have been mixed.
I have mixed an abundance of concentrates through 2016 and this is the first discovery of a new taste which I can only describe as the taste of the juice that seeps out of a crate filled with old mixed fermenting fruits. Something which only a fruit fly would appreciate.
The good thing is that the weird taste does not linger and decides to exit the respiratory passages in a humble way and within a few minutes.

Rating:
Standalone : 0 out of 5
Recipe additive : 1 out of 5 (if you like a aftertaste with a surprise)

Personal feeling : Would I buy this ......... nope. Binned to avoid using it again by accident. :loko2gaydude:

Last edited:
Mint :

Because my recipes are fairly complex I decided to use this as a replacement for another mint in a current recipe. Does the job perfectly. There is a comfortable coolness on the inhale (more dominant one) but on the exhale as well.
Leaves a nice mint aftertaste for awhile which is a plus. No harshness experienced whatsoever.
It even helps to clear sinus passages at higher percentages. :)
What I also love about this mint is that it can be toned up and down using percentages without losing the essence of the mint experience. I accidently vaped some DIY cream soda with it since both bottles are amber and unlabelled and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It would work great as a additive.

recipe12.jpg

Rating:
Standalone : 3 out of 5 (bumped to 4 if you like vaping mint only)
Recipe additive : 5 out of 5

Personal feeling : Would I buy this ......... for sure. Highly recommended. :star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:

OK, testing done. Here are my thoughts on the first 5.
All tested on a Velocity V2 clone, 0.64 ohms and mixed at 5%.

1. Amarula Cream - vaped at 30W

Has a rich deep creamy flavour. There's a light fruitiness on the inhale and Intriguing mix of slight bitterness mixed with sweetness like a mochaccino on the exhale.
It has a slight alcohol taste but that only makes it more reminiscent of the drink.
Would work as a stand-alone or might be nice mixed in a Dom Pedro recipe.

4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend to a friend?: Yes

2. Brandy - vaped at 40W
It's ok, but doesn't taste like brandy at all. It tastes like weakish Kola Tonic cordial. Overall, it's just a bit nondescript and I'm not sure what it would add to any recipe really. There are better flavours out there if you're looking for a dark caramel.

2 out of 5 stars.
Recommend to a friend: No

3. Brown Sugar - vaped at 40W
Does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a cross between golden and dark brown sugar with a hint of caramelisation and toastiness. I really enjoyed this one, and could see it adding a nice deep dimension to recipes like The Duchess, or would work well in a waffle/french toast flavour profile.

4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend to a friend: Yes

4. Condensed Milk - vaped at 25, 30, 40 and 45W
On the initial inhale, it is a gentle condensed milk which is not very sweet, and which has a nutty undertone. After about the first 2 puffs though, I was overwhelmed by a bitter chemical taste which persists at lower and higher wattages.

Maybe it would dissipate with a good steep, but I had to stop vaping this one. It was like swallowing nail polish remover, but not as nice.

0 out of 5 stars.
Recommend to a friend: Definitely not

5. Cream - vaped at 35W
I expected it to taste like sour cream from the smell, but it doesn't at all. It's a really nice smooth, slightly sweet creamy flavour. It almost has the lightest hint of Juicy Fruit flavour on the inhale, and bland creaminess on the exhale.
I really enjoyed it, but it would be bland as a single flavour vape. I'd be happy to use this as a substitute for FA fresh cream in a blend.

3 out of 5 stars (only because it's hard to get excited about a plain cream flavour)
Recommend to a friend: Yes

Back