My first build

I had a bit of difficulty in screwing the coil to the posts but I think it's normal the wicking was the toughest part I think. Resistance shows 1.19 which is a bit too high I feel. It vapes well very um dense I think is the way I'd describe it the vape feels heavy on my chest but for a first build I'm happy

Take me to the clouds

Very nice build, but the first thing to catch my eye was your ring, I was like.. "hmm thats an unusual coil" and then I scrolled further down. :oops:

Storm_clouds.jpg

I had a bit of difficulty in screwing the coil to the posts but I think it's normal the wicking was the toughest part I think. Resistance shows 1.19 which is a bit too high I feel. It vapes well very um dense I think is the way I'd describe it the vape feels heavy on my chest but for a first build I'm happy

Take me to the clouds

Is that 6 wraps 28guage wire 2.4mm ID?
With the wicking what will help is if your roll the cotton nice and tight and then once inside the coil you can unwind it to fit snug again.

Those screw. Posts are a pain to tighten once the wire is in there. Be sure to wrap the wore around the coil in the direction you will be turning to tighten the screw. Make sure u keep the screw driver or whatever you used to wrap the wire around in the coil while you tighten the screws. Will help you keep the coil in the right position.

I reckon 26g 2.4 ID 6-7 wraps will be a winner in that tank

Very nice first coil @Buan Stanley :)

My go to coil for the Subtank is a spaced 2.5mm 26 gauge Kanthal. Try 5 or 6 wraps. If you have 28g then twist two strands together and use that instead of 26g. You will be pleasantly surprised. Also, looking at your wick, it could use a bit of thinning out on the ends. But otherwise, great job :)

It's 26g 5 wraps .....how do I drop the ohms though more wraps less wraps?

Take me to the clouds

Look at me go .... Two weeks ago I was wondering how to open my twisp now I'm all in there with kanthal home made coils and juice that's busy steeping

Take me to the clouds

Great first coil @Buan Stanley !
Main thing is it worked
Will only get better from here
Try several coils and wicks till you find something you really like

Gonna do another one now ... Gonna try only 4 wraps I know not wise

Take me to the clouds

Great build bud well done

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quick tip. Take a length of wire and screw it into the posts of the deck and see what the resistance is. It doesn't matter what the size of the inner diameter is or the amount of wraps. The wire has x amount of resistance per y length of wire.

Wrapping the coil comes down to surface area that you want to heat up. The bigger the heating element the better the experience. But you need to keep in mind the juice still needs to easily flow into the coil.

Try that.

That's a damn great help thank you sir

So I tried this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440236496.009431.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440236507.310654.jpg

And I got this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440236524.312685.jpg

Also with the wicking it seems that less is more

Take me to the clouds

Less is more. When you wick make sure that the coil doesn't move when you floss the wick from left to right. It should be tight but not too tight.

Also make sure that the coil glows from the inside out. Any specific reason you are building spaced coils?

Quite easy to get a tight coil. Start and wrap as tight as you can. Then pulse the mod a bit to get the wire to heat up. Tighten it up with some tweezers.

Lots of great build tutorials online. Great for a first build though.

Back