On the hunt for a Smok Alien

Hey guys,what batteries would you suggest for the alien kit? Samsung 30Q or LG H2?

Hey guys,what batteries would you suggest for the alien kit? Samsung 30Q or LG H2?
Those two are essentially the same battery. Samsung underrate the 30Q, Mooch tested them and they are 20A's just like the HG2's and IIRC the 30Q's stay a tiny bit cooler than the HG2's.

I will be running a combination of 30Q's and VTC4's in my Alien when I eventually get it.

Look, for lower wattages either would be fine.
For higher wattages it would probably be recommended to go for something with a lower capacity and higher amps, otherwise a fantastic all-roudner which I have never ever seen in South Africa is the Sony VTC5A's.

Don't get me wrong, the 30Q and HG2's will both still fire at 220W, however you will be stressing the battery a bit more than something with higher amps, such as the LG HB4's for example - however I have also never seen those in South Africa either *rolls eyes*

Those two are essentially the same battery.

Look, for lower wattages either would be fine.
For higher wattages it would probably be recommended to go for something with a lower capacity and higher amps, otherwise a fantastic all-roudner which I have never ever seen in South Africa is the Sony VTC5A's.

Don't get me wrong, the 30Q and HG2's will both still fire at 220W, however you will be stressing the battery a bit more than something with higher amps, such as the LG HB4's for example - however I have also never seen those in South Africa. *rolls eyes*
Any experience with tesiyi batteries? I see there are many options when it comes to the tesiyi

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

Any experience with tesiyi batteries? I see there are many options when it comes to the tesiyi

Personally I wouldn't touch them as I recall them being advertised incorrectly, you do not get a 45A 18650's, especially one with a 3000mah capacity. It just does not exist. I would rather give my money to a company who accurately rates their batteries (or under-rates them, that is fine too as it won't help sales by doing that).

In terms of pricing I think they are much of a muchness anyways, the pricing between the Tesiyi and LG's, Sony's and Samsung's.

@PsyCLown i thought it was to good to be true

Yeah, check our this interview with Mooch actually:

It is long but a very interesting watch. It will help you understand batteries a bit better.

I guess you could compare batteries to sound equipment. The cheaper stuff is generally falsely advertised "40 000W amp" or tiny, cheap tweeters (speakers) rated at 500w. Often the amps are not advertising the more accurate RMS power output per channel and the speakers display the max wattage it can handle and even then there is more to it than just those figures when it comes to both amps and drivers / speakers.

I have seen a few people with Tesiyi batteries, so clearly their inaccurate advertising works. People buy their batteries over some of the others and generally it will be fine as well. If you are running a mech mod though, it could become.... problematic and dangerous should something go wrong.

What makes this mod stand out from the rest..??

Form factor is great, the accurate power output, the large OLED screen, side firing bar, colour scheme, individual balanced USB charging, mod uses the batteries down to 2.8v, and the overall look of it I guess?

The above is in my opinion of course.

I personally just think it's a novelty and once all has it u'll start seeing it for sale soon.. that's how it goes with all new mods on market.. has change drastically since 6mnths ago..

I personally just think it's a novelty and once all has it u'll start seeing it for sale soon.. that's how it goes with all new mods on market.. has change drastically since 6mnths ago..
Lol that's one thing i love about vaping.. If you dont like what you have.. Sell it and buy something else.. Or swop it

Perhaps, its been a trend in the past.
But when you cross an IPV6X with a H-Priv, what you get is the Alien.
I'll go out on a metaphorical limb and say, "it wont have an equal by the end of this year".

Perhaps, its been a trend in the past.
But when you cross an IPV6X with a H-Priv, what you get is the Alien.
I'll go out on a metaphorical limb and say, "it wont have an equal by the end of this year".
U say it's that good .. well I'm contemplating jumping on the bandwagon but scared it's just going to be same old same old like with every new mod. I'm getting a bit tired of this swopping and changing ,selling and buying lol

U say it's that good .. well I'm contemplating jumping on the bandwagon but scared it's just going to be same old same old like with every new mod. I'm getting a bit tired of this swopping and changing ,selling and buying lol

You'll need a firm hand to settle down then, oh and avoid certain threads like vape mail and product watch. :)

Anyone else having a issue with the baby beast leaking? I've just cleaned it and filled it again with air flow holes shut. Seems to have worked for now.

Any insight on what the cause is? Read in a few places that it loses its vacuum or that the coils may be too big.

I really love this tank but the leaking is getting on my nerves real quick!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Anyone else having a issue with the baby beast leaking? I've just cleaned it and filled it again with air flow holes shut. Seems to have worked for now.

Any insight on what the cause is? Read in a few places that it loses its vacuum or that the coils may be too big.

I've never had a leak with either of the 2 coils.. however I have read that if u don't screw down the coil properly and especially the octo coil then there is a possibility of leaking

Are you referring to the RBA or the pre-made coils?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never had a leak with either of the 2 coils.. however I have read that if u don't screw down the coil properly and especially the octo coil then there is a possibility of leaking
Ok cool. After cleaning, I made sure the coil was very snug. Could have been the issue. Thanks.

Good evening folks,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm looking for a Smok Alien but I find most places to be sold out.

Anybody out there have stock or when is stock expected?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening folks,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm looking for a Smok Alien but I find most places to be sold out.

Anybody out there have stock or when is stock expected?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VapeAway stock in today... order now to miss disappointment.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

So , everyone still happy with their alien mods ? Annything one should be aware of ?
@Robc , is this a mod that will stay in your collection ?

Am itching for one of theses !

Back