Samsung 25r/Sony VTC4/5

I said a few months back to @johan that we need to sort out this battery issue

Find the best battery for
- the dark side sub ohmers
- for the more tame builds with lots of battery life

Then just import many and do it properly.

Batteries are such an important part of our setups

Hi Guys

Unfortunately I am currently all out of Sony VTC4 but have some arriving soon :)
If there are any other batteries that anyone would like let me know and I will get them in :)

I have found the AWT 2500mAh 35A batteries. A couple people using them with good results at sub ohm levels

Hi Guys

Unfortunately I am currently all out of Sony VTC4 but have some arriving soon :)
If there are any other batteries that anyone would like let me know and I will get them in :)

I have found the AWT 2500mAh 35A batteries. A couple people using them with good results at sub ohm levels

Thanks @KieranD
What is AWT? Is that the same as AW?

Hi Guys

Get some 25r batteries along with VTC4s. Thanks bud :)

ive got a pair of awts. use them in the sigelie. they seem pretty good .

i am not taking chance with Sony VTC4.

AW is not a manufacturer. Andrew Wong. He started out some years ago, batteries for flashlights, built a very good reputation on CPF / candlepowerforums. i have some that are still good, bought directly from him back in the day, when he was only selling direct. He gets various good name brand batteries and tests them all, rewraps and sells those that pass the test/s, that meet the standard. So they are actually Panasonic / LG / Samsung.

Last edited:
So, Illumination Supply replenished stock already. i went to see whether my question had been answered and saw "in stock." The cart was still ready, so.....i hope i don't regret this...

illumn-order-1.jpg

Done! That's the result. Maybe do a group buy and use EMS / USPS Express International, $55. Fedex was $74. :-s (How ridiculous is that, for 6 little batteries.) i figured out that EMS and VAT, for 6 batteries, would work out to about R160-something. So if you get 4 or 5 people to share,...although that was 6 batteries; if you made it more than 10, the shipping cost would go up a bit...but only a few $ i suppose.

i suppose this is going to take at least 4 weeks. :-s 4 weeks if i'm lucky. Depends how soon they get the backlog cleared.

This thread set me wondering. Contacted Cape Mail. Two people told me no duties on batteries for personal use other than VAT.
Balancing between bulk discount and weight for shipping costs, ordered 15 Samsung INR 25R 2500 mAh batteries here.
Got their shipping notice on Monday. Delivered this (Thursday) morning. Via DHL. Superfast!
Paid no taxes, not even VAT (maybe lucky there).
Total cost per battery: Just below R100.00 - what a bargain.
A member has already laid claim to half of this order, but if my experience is anything to go by, do not hesitate to order from them.

Note: They claim 30A on the battery, but from what I have read it (continuous discharge rating) is more between 22 and 25A, which is still great.

anKGOGN.jpg

This thread set me wondering. Contacted Cape Mail. Two people told me no duties on batteries for personal use other than VAT.
Balancing between bulk discount and weight for shipping costs, ordered 15 Samsung INR 25R 2500 mAh batteries here.
Got their shipping notice on Monday. Delivered this (Thursday) morning. Via DHL. Superfast!
Paid no taxes, not even VAT (maybe lucky there).
Total cost per battery: Just below R100.00 - what a bargain.
A member has already laid claim to half of this order, but if my experience is anything to go by, do not hesitate to order from them.

Note: They claim 30A on the battery, but from what I have read it (continuous discharge rating) is more between 22 and 25A, which is still great.

anKGOGN.jpg
if you planning to sell any of yours, let me know please @Andre

I paid R200 each for the Samsung 25R, so that pricing is awesome.

The performance of the 25R is not that bad. Here is a comparison of the 25R, vtc4, vtc5, from ecf.

Back