@Silver's Dvarw Experience Thread

Im getting slowly roped into this @Christos
Not your fault at all, youre doing such a splendid job
I promise to make it worthwhile when i get a chance!

I just need a coil for this tank and i dont have any spare fused claptons
May have to go with that Vandy superfine MTL wire...
@Moey_Ismail is convinced the tank performs just as good with plain wire after He has tried a plethora of fancy wire. My favourite wire for this is a dual 28 awg claptoned with 40 awg.

I'm very lazy to make coils right now and I'm Not in the mood to fight a chunky coil.

I was hoping @Silver would beat me to the build but here is the 2nd Dvarws build currently in progress.
Ni80 24awg flat wire.
3mm ID.
0.53 ohms.20180422_215505.jpg 20180422_215806.jpg

@Christos how does the flatwire compare to the clapton?
@Jos The flat wire does perform well but for some reason a dual 28 claptoned with 40awg gives me a crisper taste.
The fruits and menthols seem to pop more with a clapton for me.

It may all be in my head but I did make some coils today and I personally feel a micro Clapton has the edge. Not a whole new level of greatness but a slight noticeable edge.

Right it's time to report back on my first Dvarw experience.

Decided to go for a VandyVape superfine MTL fused clapton wire coil. 3mm ID. Decided on 6 wraps. Came out initially at 0.7 ohms as shown in the photo and then settled at 0.98 ohms later after wicking etc. It may be a bit high in ohms but hey, it will have to do. I dont have a Smiley coil for this so need to get some.

Coil insertion was quite simple actually. Wasnt sure on the height, so just dropped it a tad from its natural position.

f69398576a4b1e436ac753ffe084662c.jpg

Next was wicking. Went for Royal wicks because i have it in the Skyline and like it. I found the wicking easy. Just snip above the top cap and then push gently back in and let the wicks protrude a bit out of the juice holes as advised to me by skipper Mr Fisher.

4cca4cf871b61edf881352bb8d3853f6.jpg

Lube, fill er up and voila, the Dvarw is in action! Juice is my LIT Sidechick plus menthol blend which i know well. Put her on the little Minikin V1.5 and it goes quite nice on that. Am vaping at 15-20 Watts. Skyline sitting behind not enjoying the attention to the newcomer.

836b1892b5b150318947ece5a64f21a5.jpg

So whats the initial verdict?

Been vaping for about the past hour and the flavour is very good. Nice and rich. Not hot. Quite juicy. Very tasty. Good menthol burn. I like it a lot on first try!

Draw is a restrictive lung and i like it very much. I didnt change any of the adaptors, just used what was pre-installed. Maybe a tad more airflow would be nicer but it's super at the moment.

The drip tip is very comfortable, reminds me of the Merlin Mini tip, which I love. Works great with this juice.

No leaks, no problems so far. Just solid vaping. Its lovely.

First impression is very good. Tank is easy to set up and wick. Great flavour. Thumbs up so far.

I think the Dwarf and I are going to be good friends ;-)

PS - @Rob Fisher I can see why you like the Dwarf so much. Thank you kindly for the opportunity to get one!

Last edited:
Am going to vape the Dvarw side by side against the Skyline for the next few days

Same juice - LIT Sidechick plus some nic plus some menthol

Same type of coil - Vandy fused clapton is in both - just the Skyline is 2.5mm ID versus the Dvarw 3mm ID. Resistance is a bit higher in the Dvarw so not a perfect comparison. Skyline at 0.7 ohms, Dvarw at 1ohm.

Same wick - Royal Wicks.

And will report back on the findings...

Right it's time to report back on my first Dvarw experience.

Decided to go for a VandyVape superfine MTL fused clapton wire coil. 3mm ID. Decided on 6 wraps. Came out initially at 0.7 ohms as shown in the photo and then settled at 0.98 ohms later after wicking etc. It may be a bit high in ohms but hey, it will have to do. I dont have a Smiley coil for this so need to get some.

Coil insertion was quite simple actually. Wasnt sure on the height, so just dropped it a tad from its natural position.

f69398576a4b1e436ac753ffe084662c.jpg

Next was wicking. Went for Royal wicks because i have it in the Skyline and like it. I found the wicking easy. Just snip above the top cap and then push gently back in and let the wicks protrude a bit out of the juice holes as advised to me by skipper Mr Fisher.

4cca4cf871b61edf881352bb8d3853f6.jpg

Lube, fill er up and voila, the Dvarw is in action! Juice is my LIT Sidechick plus menthol blend which i know well. Put her on the little Minikin V1.5 and it goes quite nice on that. Am vaping at 15-20 Watts. Skyline sitting behind not enjoying the attention to the newcomer.

836b1892b5b150318947ece5a64f21a5.jpg

So whats the initial verdict?

Been vaping for about the past hour and the flavour is very good. Nice and rich. Not hot. Quite juicy. Very tasty. Good menthol burn. I like it a lot on first try!

Draw is a restrictive lung and i like it very much. I didnt change any of the adaptors, just used what was pre-installed. Maybe a tad more airflow would be nicer but it's super at the moment.

The drip tip is very comfortable, reminds me of the Merlin Mini tip, which I love. Works great with this juice.

No leaks, no problems so far. Just solid vaping. Its lovely.

First impression is very good. Tank is easy to set up and wick. Great flavour. Thumbs up so far.

I think the Dwarf and I are going to be good friends ;-)

PS - @Rob Fisher I can see why you like the Dwarf so much. Thank you kindly for the opportunity to get one!
Very proud of your turnaround time @Silver.

Thanks @Christos !!
Still lots of experimenting to be done!

Dvarw got its first refill today. Quick and easy. No spills. No trouble.

The comparison against the Skyline continues. Same juice - LIT Sidechick nicced up a bit and with some added menthol.

Am not overly happy with my coil in the Dvarw. Am thinking it needs to have slightly lower resistance or smaller ID. Don't know. But it's going nicely enough to give it a fair chance.

So far I am still impressed. Going to vape side by side some more before writing down some views....

a3452ed5449751b2226ca8ec74c1fedc.jpg

Dvarw got its first refill today. Quick and easy. No spills. No trouble.

The comparison against the Skyline continues. Same juice - LIT Sidechick nicced up a bit and with some added menthol.

Am not overly happy with my coil in the Dvarw. Am thinking it needs to have slightly lower resistance or smaller ID. Don't know. But it's going nicely enough to give it a fair chance.

So far I am still impressed. Going to vape side by side some more before writing down some views....

a3452ed5449751b2226ca8ec74c1fedc.jpg
Skyline still my #1.
Dvarw is #2 For ease of use and capacity. Hopefully in the next week I'll stop being a purist and put some bubble tanks on my skylines :D
That being said I had 2 Lemo v1s, 2x crown v1s, 2x skylines and 2x dvarws. That should say it all.

Its been a few days with the Dvarw side by side against the Skyline vaping the same juice (my LIT Sidechick fruity menthol blend)

Still early days but ive had a bit of a run to make some initial comments

The Dvarw is good and has no troubles. No leaks. Vapes nicely. It does pop and crackle a bit though.
The flavour is good for me. Its a bit juicier than the Skyline. A bit less crisp. But not as full - if that makes sense?

So far the Skyline has better flavour for me for this juice. Crisper and more "pure". It beats the Dvarw at the moment quite comfortably on flavour. I think its because the coil and airflow i have in the Skyline are well matched. Bit unfair though because ive had quite a long time to tweak the Skyline and have only my first build in the Dvarw.

I need to start tinkering with the Dvarw to dial it in. Perhaps a new coil witha lower ID. Also I think I may need to tighten the airflow slightly by trying a smaller adaptor. Not sure. But it feels a tad too airy for this build and juice and I think its letting down the flavour a bit.

Bottom line - lovely vape but more tinkering still needed...

Its been a few days with the Dvarw side by side against the Skyline vaping the same juice (my LIT Sidechick fruity menthol blend)

Still early days but ive had a bit of a run to make some initial comments

The Dvarw is good and has no troubles. No leaks. Vapes nicely. It does pop and crackle a bit though.
The flavour is good for me. Its a bit juicier than the Skyline. A bit less crisp. But not as full - if that makes sense?

So far the Skyline has better flavour for me for this juice. Crisper and more "pure". It beats the Dvarw at the moment quite comfortably on flavour. I think its because the coil and airflow i have in the Skyline are well matched. Bit unfair though because ive had quite a long time to tweak the Skyline and have only my first build in the Dvarw.

I need to start tinkering with the Dvarw to dial it in. Perhaps a new coil witha lower ID. Also I think I may need to tighten the airflow slightly by trying a smaller adaptor. Not sure. But it feels a tad too airy for this build and juice and I think its letting down the flavour a bit.

Bottom line - lovely vape but more tinkering still needed...
2nd smallest airflow option, 3.5mm id, 5 wrap 24ga flat wire from haywire. You'll thank me later

2nd smallest airflow option, 3.5mm id, 5 wrap 24ga flat wire from haywire. You'll thank me later

Thanks @Moey_Ismail
Much appreciated, i need to get that flatwire and have been wanting to try it for some time

Thanks @Moey_Ismail
Much appreciated, i need to get that flatwire and have been wanting to try it for some time
Must make a plan to send this to you.
I've used about 30cms of it and I prefer fancy coils
:D
If I run into you perhaps and you remind me to bring it it's yours gratis.20180502_223750.jpg

Ah thank you @Christos - that is very kind of you !

When I see 24g, I always get nervous, LOL
Im more of a 26g and upward person. hehe

Ah thank you @Christos - that is very kind of you !

When I see 24g, I always get nervous, LOL
Im more of a 26g and upward person. hehe
It's actually not as bad as 24 awg round wire.
Although when I was "younger" I would use 22 awg kanthal :D

Dvarw is back in action. Just rewicked with Royal Wicks.

Didn't feel like changing the coil. Another time.

LIT Sidechick inside.

It's nice but I need to tweak it. Still my first build in there.

5d224e855038e85dff42b6c887eaf69f.jpg

Back