Soft Square Bottles For Reos

@TylerD, regarding the square 6ml soft bottle for the Reo Mini

I moved this post to here since I was hijacking the show us your REO pics thread.

I have found that the Reo Mini batteries generally last me the whole 3ml bottle, which I estimate I fill to about 2.6 ml.
When my bottle is finished, my battery normally reads around 3.7V.
So bottle refill and battery change at the same time.

I have a few questions if I may

- How many ml of the 6ml bottle do you vape before you need to change the batt?
- Do you fill with the full 6ml?
- The way you have connected it up, can you screw in the original 3ml bottle if you want to, or must you then continue using the bigger bottle?

@Silver while you wait on TylerD's answer I might be able to explain your last question. When I fit the square 9ml bottle in the Grand, I first remove the original bottle cap from the silicone feed tube, push in the red cap from the square bottle - to fit the original bottle its just a matter of changing caps. The square bottle cap doesn't need an o-ring as it seals extremely well. The only problem I've experienced was over-squonking due to the little pressure required as the square bottles are made from very soft Poly-ethylene.

You need patience as I paid and ordered on 22 July. On Friday I received a mail with the following ...

Thank you for shopping at Import It All.
This e-mail is to let you know that your order status has been updated.
Arrived at International Offices
Your order has arrived at our International Offices, and is currently being despatched to SA. Once your order arrives in SA, we will update your order accordingly.

As some of you may know I'm not the best MacGyver around and am much more into instant gratification so the thought of me doing a bottle conversion wasn't high on my agenda... but after having been out on the boat all day fishing for three days and having to add juice in the howling wind has spurned me onto doing the conversion.

I bought a cheap small set of files from Builders warehouse because one of them is a thin round one and I thought that would be the easiest... as it turn out it was... stabbed the file into the little red lid and then proceeded to file slowly making the hold bigger all the time. Thread the tube and at the same time I undid the delrin cover and maintained the firing button that appeared to have a bit of build up if stuff... resecured the tube with a small dab of superglue careful to keep the glue away from any juice surfaces... the tube has been coming off while I have been fishing with the resultant mess and loss of juice that was more than a little irritating... the result was that I had to use my Nautilus Mini for the last day... OMG that has a small tank and had to refill a LOT! Next time I will take a couple of REO's with just in case.

Bottle 005.JPG

What a neat job! So Erica the original REO has had a full maintenance service, a new 9ml bottle (I still can't believe the bottle holds that much more! They look almost the same size... now I want a taller square bottle because that could happily hold 15-18 mls!

I also built a new coil (1,18Ω) on the 2014 Cyclone... this turned into a bit of an exercise and I had to redo the coil 4 times because screwing the screw tight broke the one leg 3 times! The quality of the Cyclones has certainly deteriorated between version 1 and version 2! I just hope the ones ordered direct from the Philippines are spot on otherwise I'm going to be more than a little tense!

So Erica is all shiny, clean and converted!
And the system works!

Can we not get demco to make the bottles for us? I know they supply quite a few vendors with juice bottles

@Silver while you wait on TylerD's answer I might be able to explain your last question. When I fit the square 9ml bottle in the Grand, I first remove the original bottle cap from the silicone feed tube, push in the red cap from the square bottle - to fit the original bottle its just a matter of changing caps. The square bottle cap doesn't need an o-ring as it seals extremely well. The only problem I've experienced was over-squonking due to the little pressure required as the square bottles are made from very soft Poly-ethylene.

Thanks @johan - much appreciated...

As some of you may know I'm not the best MacGyver around and am much more into instant gratification so the thought of me doing a bottle conversion wasn't high on my agenda... but after having been out on the boat all day fishing for three days and having to add juice in the howling wind has spurned me onto doing the conversion.

I bought a cheap small set of files from Builders warehouse because one of them is a thin round one and I thought that would be the easiest... as it turn out it was... stabbed the file into the little red lid and then proceeded to file slowly making the hold bigger all the time. Thread the tube and at the same time I undid the delrin cover and maintained the firing button that appeared to have a bit of build up if stuff... resecured the tube with a small dab of superglue careful to keep the glue away from any juice surfaces... the tube has been coming off while I have been fishing with the resultant mess and loss of juice that was more than a little irritating... the result was that I had to use my Nautilus Mini for the last day... OMG that has a small tank and had to refill a LOT! Next time I will take a couple of REO's with just in case.

View attachment 9524

What a neat job! So Erica the original REO has had a full maintenance service, a new 9ml bottle (I still can't believe the bottle holds that much more! They look almost the same size... now I want a taller square bottle because that could happily hold 15-18 mls!

I also built a new coil (1,18Ω) on the 2014 Cyclone... this turned into a bit of an exercise and I had to redo the coil 4 times because screwing the screw tight broke the one leg 3 times! The quality of the Cyclones has certainly deteriorated between version 1 and version 2! I just hope the ones ordered direct from the Philippines are spot on otherwise I'm going to be more than a little tense!

So Erica is all shiny, clean and converted!
And the system works!

Impressive work there @Rob Fisher
Can't believe how small that bottle actually looks in the photo.
Seems like so much "wasted" space - but just looked at my REO now with the normal bottle and see that it stops at the same point as your square bottle. Its the cap that takes up a lot of space....

Hmmm.... a 15ml bottle sounds interesting - only thing is you'd need at least 3 batteries to go through that. I suppose its much easier to change a battery than refill - especially while fishing on a boat ;-)

Impressive work there @Rob Fisher
Can't believe how small that bottle actually looks in the photo.
Seems like so much "wasted" space - but just looked at my REO now with the normal bottle and see that it stops at the same point as your square bottle. Its the cap that takes up a lot of space....

Hmmm.... a 15ml bottle sounds interesting - only thing is you'd need at least 3 batteries to go through that. I suppose its much easier to change a battery than refill - especially while fishing on a boat ;-)

Big time Hi Ho! There is so much space... just need to find one tall enough! :rock:

@TylerD, regarding the square 6ml soft bottle for the Reo Mini

I moved this post to here since I was hijacking the show us your REO pics thread.

I have found that the Reo Mini batteries generally last me the whole 3ml bottle, which I estimate I fill to about 2.6 ml.
When my bottle is finished, my battery normally reads around 3.7V.
So bottle refill and battery change at the same time.

I have a few questions if I may

- How many ml of the 6ml bottle do you vape before you need to change the batt?
- Do you fill with the full 6ml?
- The way you have connected it up, can you screw in the original 3ml bottle if you want to, or must you then continue using the bigger bottle?
1. Same as the 3ml bottle. Wont be using these bottles always. It's easier to just pop a new batt in than filling the bottle as well. I will probably be using it on long days.
2.I leave a bit of space for the pipe displacement.
3.Yes. You just put the old cap back and your good to go. No modding.

Ok, many thanks @TylerD
Seems like a great solution for a longer day as you say

If any Reo Grand owners are not using the small Reo Mini bottles, please let me know. I will buy them from you.

Nice 9ml of juice! Just one tip: cut the silicone tube (end that sits inside juice bottle) at 45 degree angle to prevent potential "dead" squonking.
Thanks Ω @johan , I have already cut a "V" into the end of the tube. Was shown that on day one! :D

Did you hear that I joined the CRAFT society many years ago. I can tell you the meaning if you can't figure that out :rofl:

The word "CRAFT" forms part of one of my business's names, but please tell me your meaning?

Back