Stainless Steel Coils

Dedicated SS mode.
Does it have the ability to take a manual TCR? If so, try that maybe. Here are the values for the different types of wire:

G0zX6g7.jpg

Yeah seen these, not as far as I know.

Will have to wait for my Rolo to arrive and test again.
For now SS makes an excellent kanthal alternative.

And the single twisted coil i put in the tfv4 last night works amazingly.

Interesting, im curious how does SS compare to Kanthal?
Flavour wise and is it easier to work with when building coils?
Are there any health concerns with it like there are with the other TC wire?

Interesting, im curious how does SS compare to Kanthal?
Flavour wise and is it easier to work with when building coils?
Are there any health concerns with it like there are with the other TC wire?

Here is my experience.
SS is much easier to work with than Kanthal. Softer for sure. Less springy.
If cleaned correctly before use it has a super clean taste. This helps the flavor of your juices a lot.

As far as health concerns know. Dunno bout the technical stuff but I aint ded yet.

Here is my experience.
SS is much easier to work with than Kanthal. Softer for sure. Less springy.
If cleaned correctly before use it has a super clean taste. This helps the flavor of your juices a lot.

As far as health concerns know. Dunno bout the technical stuff but I aint ded yet.

@GlacieredPyro can you please share some technique on how to do this?

@GlacieredPyro can you please share some technique on how to do this?

Took the whole roll.
Drowned in some vodca for 5 minutes. Rinsed and let drip dry.
Works like a bomb

Edit. By drowned i mean in a ziplock bag and shake like an idiot then let sit

Last edited:
Took the whole roll.
Drowned in some vodca for 5 minutes. Rinsed and let drip dry.
Works like a bomb

Edit. By drowned i mean in a ziplock bag and shake like an idiot then let sit
Errrr, I dont clean my SS. Should I be?

Can the SS wire be dry burned?

Well concidering you can run it in power mode it seems fine to dry burn. It gets a nice sheen to it.

I dry burn at low temps just in case. I also wrap twisted and contact with no issues.

Edit: @Christos ive heard that lots of people get dirty ss. I had that with kanthal. Now i wash al my wire before using it.

I'm really not technical... but I have to say I'm just loving the vape from stainless steel in my Cyclone... I simply built the coil with 316 SS and dry burnt it to get my coils glowing like I do with kanthal... put my rayon wick in... and have been vaping on it ever since... it really makes quite a big difference and I'm excited that I once again have something new to play with... coupled with my new Bellus and Aromamizer tanks I'm having a lot of fun!

I also built dual stainless steel coils on my Manta and that too is rocking my world!

It's early days but I'm going to slowly replace my kanthal coils with SS and see how we go.

I'm really not technical... but I have to say I'm just loving the vape from stainless steel in my Cyclone... I simply built the coil with 316 SS and dry burnt it to get my coils glowing like I do with kanthal... put my rayon wick in... and have been vaping on it ever since... it really makes quite a big difference and I'm excited that I once again have something new to play with... coupled with my new Bellus and Aromamizer tanks I'm having a lot of fun!

I also built dual stainless steel coils on my Manta and that too is rocking my world!

It's early days but I'm going to slowly replace my kanthal coils with SS and see how we go.
After using the rayon you gave me @Rob Fisher, I did notice better flavour and no funky tastes.
I purchased 2 fibre freaks #2 yesterday and I am now going to get rid of cotton bacon and all other cottons that I have. The fibre freaks #2 is supposedly rayon and it is marginally nicer that the rayon I got from you but similar vape.

Flavour is smoother and fuller.

Well concidering you can run it in power mode it seems fine to dry burn. It gets a nice sheen to it.

I dry burn at low temps just in case. I also wrap twisted and contact with no issues.

Edit: @Christos ive heard that lots of people get dirty ss. I had that with kanthal. Now i wash al my wire before using it.
I use a mech mod so Im a little confused about "Power Mode".

I use the UD SS and it seems pretty decent. The only "dirty" kanthal I had was from another popular clone brand but Im assuming thats a thing of the past now.
I guess if you are buying bulk then dirty wire is an issue but I have found that the rolls of Kanthal and SS from the vape brands seem to be decent quality with a decent pricetag attached!

After using the rayon you gave me @Rob Fisher, I did notice better flavour and no funky tastes.
I purchased 2 fibre freaks #2 yesterday and I am now going to get rid of cotton bacon and all other cottons that I have. The fibre freaks #2 is supposedly rayon and it is marginally nicer that the rayon I got from you but similar vape.

Flavour is smoother and fuller.

For me there is no question that Rayon is way ahead... some people dislike it right away but for those that like it they simply LOVE it! I have officially given up trying all other wicks because I have tried them all and none give me the crisp clean flavour that rayon does... especially with the Tropical Ice. I think rayon shines with Menthols, Mints and fruit flavours...

For me there is no question that Rayon is way ahead... some people dislike it right away but for those that like it they simply LOVE it! I have officially given up trying all other wicks because I have tried them all and none give me the crisp clean flavour that rayon does... especially with the Tropical Ice. I think rayon shines with Menthols, Mints and fruit flavours...
Well, Im feeling under the weather so this morning I wicked with the rayon fibre freaks and popped the bottle of tropical ice. It is one sure way to clear your sinuses.

All Im tasting is menthol coolness deluxe!

Pity the 6ml is almost done. :D
I need to add thats once you have a few toots it tends to grow on you.

Does ss wire have half the resistance of kanthal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wipe the SS 304 length with an alcohol pad. Dry burn as with Kanthal, no problems. Contact coils as per usual. Steam engine can help with resistance - just choose the SS you use.

Last edited:
Think tonight I will do SS 316L, dual, 8 wraps 2.4mm and wick with Fiber Freaks instead of OC, in the Cthulhu2....

Just did my first SS build on a Stro RDA...

...and what a vape. Its fantastic. Best Ive ever had...

Dual coil UD 316 SS, 6 wraps each at 2.5 mm ID, coming in at 0.22 Ohms, running in Temp mode at 400 F on an XCube 2

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Best we buy more SS before the supply increases and there is no stock :D

7 wraps of 27 g SS 304 on a 3.5 mm mandrel at 0.77 ohms, wicked with Ceramic, in the Origen Little 16 BF.

4tuxIjY.jpg

accxvAa.jpg

So I wicked SS coils with Fiber Freaks now, and I must say, it tastes much better than with OC. Also pulled the wire through wet paper towel, and there was slight dirt.
Or it could just be placebo...

Back