Starter kit wanted

Franky3

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys and girls. I want to get into vaping but don't have the cash to buy a new mod. I have my eye on that smok alien kit. Is there anybody that is selling a complete kit( mod with tank) batteries etc. If I could get away with something under R1000 that would be perfect.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hi guys and girls. I want to get into vaping but don't have the cash to buy a new mod. I have my eye on that smok alien kit. Is there anybody that is selling a complete kit( mod with tank) batteries etc. If I could get away with something under R1000 that would be perfect.

On Facebook in the group vape SA classifieds. Someone is selling their alien kit for R1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I spoke to them and their new stock will be arriving soon at a slightly higher price. Then I still need batteries and liquid which puts the price over R1500. If I don't find anything here that will be a option for next month.

Not at all. Basically I need something that will not leak/break/explode or cost me more money than its worth. Oh and it needs to be able to feed my nicotine need. Why do you ask.

I do not have personal experience with the pico kit, but all my other devices, except my mech, is eLeaf and I have not had any issues.

This is the main goto setup that the forum will suggest for people starting out. It gives you a reliable device that is firing upto 75W that is quiet enough for the first couple of months. Until you save up and get something bigger and better, which will happen, even if you go for the Alien to start with.

Yep have had mine over a year and it has held up great. the only reason i upgraded to a two battery mod is due to the need i have for a longer lasting battery.
WP_20170405_15_48_15_Pro[1].jpg

Its nice to get some feedback from a user. How long did your battery last and what was your settings. Somebody else also suggested the pico. My only concern was if it would be enough. I normaly smoke more or less a pack of 20 per day. Does it give a direct lung hit?

Mine used to last a day easily until i started building my own coils in a rebuildable tank.

I came off smoking a pack and a half a day and started vaping at 6mg juice, i have since gone down to 3mg. The melo tank gives a decent Direct lung hit. I have yet to run my pico at max wattage for any extended period of time other than for shits and giggles. i normally sit between 35 and 50w if i am not in temp control mode

Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate it. I were getting pretty demotivated because there is so many options and so much info that I could just not grasp it all. All I want is a plain simple device that I can use to get away from cigarettes. This seems to be a good choice. Anneries I think you have a very good point. Thank you. Wayne, thank you for sharing your experience.

I see that that pico you sent the link is also sold out. But the pico mega is available. Any idea if that is worth the money?

Nevermind. I'm blind.

Last edited:
Any idea what mod and tank you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend the pico it's so nice I bought it 2ce. after the standard melo 3 tank I got a dripper, then a baby beast and finally then the rebuilable tank for the baby beast. The mods 75W is enough as I Vape around 45 and the battery lasts a day and a half. I would suggest you check the forum as there are members that are willing to part from their pico setup from around R600

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Have a pico for you in cape town if you are still looking.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did you get a pico ?

I'm also struggling , currently on a twisp but it's annoying now

Need something to go in the pocket and last a day with battery life without any leakage

Twisp size is perfect but I need a DI now

What coils does the pico use ?
And the mod settings nothing too complicated ?

Back